Flying to Bangkok after October 1st.

33 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Nothing has been announced but I would guess that the unvaccinated will not be eligible for a tourist visa.  Regardless, whatever the opening plan is, be it October or later, it’s likely going to suck … these people want your money in their terms.  Expect bans on this and that.  Honestly, unless you are trying to get back to Thailand to reunite with family, just drop the idea.  Maybe the end of 2022 would be a reasonable time to holiday here.

Sure but other folks have different attitudes and values.

I'm happy to follow the vaccination rules (already completed 2 jabs of Astra Zenica and getting Pfizer booster in a few weeks) to help protect me, my family, my neighbors, my village staff and my village friends, and those I have to interact with when I'm shopping, travelling etc.

12 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Good post. 

What I don't understand about all the vaxed people is that if they truly believe in the vaccines, what are they afraid of? Why are they afraid of unvaxed people? If the vax is a good as they promise it should protect them from the virus, or at least from hard symptoms/ illness. 

A lot of these points made in various posts are irrelevant.

There is a saying about 'Perception' posted below.

So this morning I check the emails and one of my tenants is vacating.

The agent can deal with that.

For kill time I decided to look at a rental share app that I've used previously.

The site shows places for rent and also folk looking to rent. 

What struck me is in the 'share accommodation' some people listed non-smoker etc. Some listed "fully vaccinated".

What's that tell you about directions. Non vaccinated folk buckle up.

Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true.”

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bestie said:

I mean the only person who is taking the risk is the person who is unvaccinated

NO, what about the risk of infecting others? Doesn't that count? Severe restrictions should remain in force to protect the general population from a selfish minority. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, bestie said:

Thank you but I'm sorry but that was not the question

I guess unvaccinated people need to go on quarantine.

I got my vaccine passport today in Thailand so hopefully that will exempt me from being quarantined should I need to travel abroad and come back in again.

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Good post. 

What I don't understand about all the vaxed people is that if they truly believe in the vaccines, what are they afraid of? Why are they afraid of unvaxed people? If the vax is a good as they promise it should protect them from the virus, or at least from hard symptoms/ illness. 

Infected unvaxed people might have higher load of virus than vaccinated? I don't know....

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, kg1947 said:

So .... the PCR Test although " faulty " is still in use .... giving " false positives " greatttttt   !!   easy way to make money  ......

Sigh! The RT-PCR test when correctly taken and processed (which it almost invariably is) is highly accurate. The only common issue is that it is too sensitive in some situations. As a result, it can often show positive results from people who recovered from Covid-19 months previously. If the historical case was previously unknown, this creates concern until other tests can be run to distinguish between a current infection with low levels of virus replication and viral fragments from a historical infection. Where RT-PCR tests are mandated, this is because it is felt better to catch these historical cases than risk missing cases that have yet to develop to the point where they could be caught by less sensitive tests like, for instance, the lateral flow tests (although those tests have their own advantages).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Good post. 

Perhaps, they care about their children who cannot be vaccinated, preferring they not end up in hospital unable to see their parents. That might seem strange to you, but there are people who care about others than just themselves.

I’m about to move to Thailand on a Non-B visa (currently waiting for it to be processed right now), and I literally cannot get vaccinated where I am (trust me, I’d be happy to pay a fair amount of money for the privilege, but it’s simply not available to me; even if I pay). Once I get my visa, should I book the soonest flight to Bangkok possible (provided I can get a COE within the timeframe), lest they somehow end the ASQ program on October the 1st?

46 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Infected unvaxed people might have higher load of virus than vaccinated? I don't know....

Nobody knows that. So far there's no scientific evidence to support it. Also, AFAIK no one so far has researched what load of the virus one has to be exposed to in order to get infected and the relation between the load exposed to and the severity of the symptoms. 

It time to get back on topic. I have just removed 2 post meant to deflect the topic further.

Time to stop the discussion of the pro and cons discussion for being vaccinated. 

There is the covid 19 forum for those discussions.

Edit: No notification of removed posts will be given. If your post disappears it means you stepped over the line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misterworldwide said:

I’m about to move to Thailand on a Non-B visa (currently waiting for it to be processed right now), and I literally cannot get vaccinated where I am (trust me, I’d be happy to pay a fair amount of money for the privilege, but it’s simply not available to me; even if I pay). Once I get my visa, should I book the soonest flight to Bangkok possible (provided I can get a COE within the timeframe), lest they somehow end the ASQ program on October the 1st?

I appreciate your frustration. If there is no prospect of vaccination where you currently reside, I would suggest planning to come to Bangkok before the end of October. ASQ will not end October 1st, but it could happen anytime from November onward. There is a good chance, with some persistence, that you will be able to get a decent vaccine here in Thailand within a month or so of arrival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

. ASQ will not end October 1st, but it could happen anytime from November onward.

Perhaps I misunderstand.

When things change quarantine wise (hopefully during October) he can only avoid quarantine by being fully vaccinated prior to entry into Thailand.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps I misunderstand.

When things change quarantine wise (hopefully during October) he can only avoid quarantine by being fully vaccinated prior to entry into Thailand.

For a short period, I am quite sure there will be two options for those entering Bangkok. If fully vaccinated, you will be required to stay in a SHA+ hotel for, perhaps, seven days. If unvaccinated, the current ASQ system will remain, partly to accommodate people like mister worldwide, who cannot currently get vaccinated. I do expect the two tier system to end (and vaccination become a requirement) sooner rather than later (though it could stick around if Thailand decides on mandatory quarantine, even for those vaccinated, entering from very high risk countries). In all honesty, all this is educated guesswork. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Nothing has been announced but I would guess that the unvaccinated will not be eligible for a tourist visa.  Regardless, whatever the opening plan is, be it October or later, it’s likely going to suck … these people want your money in their terms.  Expect bans on this and that.  Honestly, unless you are trying to get back to Thailand to reunite with family, just drop the idea.  Maybe the end of 2022 would be a reasonable time to holiday here.

....end of 2022?

do you realize some folks here are old?

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 12:51 AM, hotandsticky said:

Excellent post..........................and that would enable Thailand to open up again.

Anti-vaxxers are very much secondary to that objective - but your proposal does not deny them entry.

I am not sure where they would stand on Covid insurance? Premiums must surely be much higher?

anti vaccers are making vacced insurance policys higher in price as well?

On 9/15/2021 at 3:37 PM, bestie said:

I mean the only person who is taking the risk is the person who is unvaccinated.

Not at all in my opinion bcoz if you get infected with covid 19, you will become sicker than someone who is vaccinated, then more likely to end up in hospital, putting front line workers at more risk than they already are, and more strain on hospital resourses. IMO anti-vaxers are just a bunch of selfish idiots. Hope you have enough cash to pay the hospital bills and for your funeral expenses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand keeps changing the date from 1 to 15 Oct.

The 15 Oct date may even change again in the future if there are many opposition against opening too early.

It is quite normal for Thai policy to change often....

Edited by EricTh

On 9/17/2021 at 2:52 PM, BritTim said:

@ThaiVisaCentreAre there any rumours around reduction in the number of ASQ hotels? Have any hotels in Bangkok that you are aware of decided to remove themselves from the list of ASQ hotels? If so, when does this take effect?

This happens, but it's not that many.

Sometimes a AQ hotel will turn into a Hospitel (AHQ), and sometimes an AHQ will go back to AQ status.

We also see cases where a AQ hotel decides to stop participating as an AQ all together, and accept normal guests. This type of situation is extremely rare.