Why are pools here tiled?

Yellowtail

17 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Our business builds luxury houses and pools in Chiang Rai.

We don't use plaster or ceramic tiles.  Ceramic tiles will occasionally need re-grouting, it's vital you protect them from the sun when you empty the pool or the glaze will craze.  It may craze anyway.

We use granite tiles, they last a lifetime.  Granite is slightly porous so it's important the cement and render underneath is waterproof.  You can't use marble because it will dissolve in low ph and increase calcium in the pool.  Granite is also cheap.

It's a common misconception that water is colourless, it isn't, it's blue, so bear that in mind.

Yes all our white based PebbleCrete products end up whit different Blue coloours! You should consider PebbleCrete as unlike granite or any tiles it last much longer. Infact 5 yr product warranty. This is why most of the major water parks in the world use a form of PebbleCrete.

Cool Blue

PC-Cool-blue.png.0d9a1846f9503889ed01d95c54a80284.png

image27.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saanim said:

You have to go and see what they have available, there are not always  many choices. 

Pump2.jpg

Sand Filter.jpg

Pump.jpg

Thank you for your help . I have two fountain pools with around 1000 liters of water each  that i wish to chlorinate and filter . Perhaps i need the smallest swimming pool and filter available .

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I always  thought a fibreglass  pool would  be best as no  place to crack except entry holes. Then again Id  want that inside a concrete shell as emptying it anytime might lead to collapse

Concrete shell defeats the purpose of a fibreglass pool! Not needed. They by all means should have a hydrostacic valve as should a concrete pool with high water table! Stops the shell from popping out of the ground!

The main edvantage of a fibreglass shell is the time before a swim. Other wise basically the same costs!

Although this is all over the place now with all the freight & price increases which haven't hit home yet!

Edited by Bagwain

32 minutes ago, itsari said:

Thank you for your help . I have two fountain pools with around 1000 liters of water each  that i wish to chlorinate and filter . Perhaps i need the smallest swimming pool and filter available .

You are better of getting a decent aquarium set up for your requirements than the Sh@te from Glob!

Built pools in both Costa Rican mountains with difficult access and Brazil on the beach  We used 8x8x16'' cinder block stuck together with what they call massa. It comes in premixed bags you place in plastic funnel bags like you use to apply cake toppings but bigger. Even I could lay the block, really easy to do and dries so hard and strong the block cracks before the massa joint. Then they hand apply 3/4 inch layer cement finished slick, then trowel on waterproofing followed by tile/grout. Very labor intensive where labor is 10 bucks per day so cost is a wash. Really nice because you turn the water different colors depending on tile you choose. We did an infinity edge along the entire side facing the ocean and picked tile so the water in the pool matched the color of the Atlantic Ocean, both pools cost less than 12000usd and took a month to complete, The pool in Costa Rica survived a 6.4 quake in 2004 centered 12 km away that generated 2 foot waves in the pool with no damage. Lots of quakes there that we would estimate how strong by the height of the surf in the pool. Crazy place to live, pura vida.

88cc285c-cd69-4608-807b-a480af343c59.jpeg?im_w=720

7b59ca3a-f19b-45fc-8874-785f9eabac26.jpg?im_w=720

66c9f9c3-4d24-4f62-8f2f-fccc9e53ff8f.jpg?im_w=720

Listing image 4

Desktop cover photo

ไม่มีคำอธิบายรูปภาพ

ไม่มีคำอธิบายรูปภาพ

image.png.10d558cbbda3e4c7c56ec564cdfcd30d.png

think you answered your own question somewhat.

High quality imported pool tiles here are still comparatively cheap v western countries.

The labor price (biggest expense) here is ridicilously low with quality workmanship if you engage the right builder.

And they look kick <deleted> of course, especially with pool lights on 

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, Bagwain said:

You should consider PebbleCrete as unlike granite or any tiles it last much longer. Infact 5 yr product warranty. This is why most of the major water parks in the world use a form of PebbleCrete.

How does the cost of a pool finished in PebbleCrete compares to the cost of the same pool finished in tile?

Does it not depends a lot on the tiles & material? I'm guessing using the cheapest tiles available, tile would be cheaper, with good quality pool tiles the cost would be similar, and with high end tiles tile would be more expensing. 

4 hours ago, unheard said:

How does the cost of a pool finished in PebbleCrete compares to the cost of the same pool finished in tile?

Typically with the basic PebbleCrete approx 15/20% more. (You have PebbleCrete,PebbleSupreme & PebbleGlass) See attached colour chart! But the advantages are - no more hard to clean or regrouting, loose tiles etc. Product get better with age and last a lifetime! Hardest surface on the market with a 5 yr product warranty! 

Here is our latest renovation. 

20211018_103622_1024x498.jpg

20211018_103627_1024x498.jpg

Colours.pdf

• Like 1