Taco Bell Bangkok

RickG16

On 9/19/2021 at 9:16 PM, dj230 said:

I've found all the fast food to taste better in Thailand than in Canada and is way cheaper too. Mcdonalds, KFC, pizza hut, burger king, but have yet to try tacobell since I don't really like anything there.

Mcdonalds in Thailand tastes dry af...

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

Taco bell and Sunrise tacos are both insults to real Mexican food.  Coyote's use to be so so' but heard the portions are small now,  the only real Mexican food is Charlie Browns off Sukhumvit .....    imo

That's because they are Tex/Mex. A  different cuisine altogether. I found that out on my first trip to Mexico when I couldn't find any of my favourite what I thought was Mexican food. People there told me I had come to the wrong country for foods like spicy ground beef, hard shell tacos. It wasn't my only mistake. I woke up one morning married after a night of tequila. But that's a whole other story. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:16 PM, dj230 said:

I've found all the fast food to taste better in Thailand than in Canada and is way cheaper too. Mcdonalds, KFC, pizza hut, burger king, but have yet to try tacobell since I don't really like anything there.

well,   I have to admit sacrilege  .....   yesterday at Ekkamai i ventured into KFC to try a Zinger burger combo for lunch.

What a mistake   !    The combo meal was awful !   it wasn't even a zinger burger taste, just bland,  small horrible piece of fried chicken on tasteless bun,  tiny lettuce that would fit on a spoon,  and a slop of mayonnaise. YUK  !!

Fries that were like eating cardboard,  and to look at their quality you would say they look like they'd been sitting out for a week as some had a white powder tinge, just as old fries would look.

And the 7up drink,  well sweet machine drink that is not really 7up or sprite ...  yuk!

never again I don't think.   disgusting combo meal .......    imo 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, steven100 said:

and a slop of mayonnaise. YUK  !!

I love me a Zinger burger. I don't worry about the size of it as it's never supposed to be a full meal for me anyway. But, as with all chicken-bread combos I make sure to order without mayonnaise and I guess I will have to continue to do so as long as humanity remains obsessed with this vile substance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

well,   I have to admit sacrilege  .....   yesterday at Ekkamai i ventured into KFC to try a Zinger burger combo for lunch.

What a mistake   !    The combo meal was awful !   it wasn't even a zinger burger taste, just bland,  small horrible piece of fried chicken on tasteless bun,  tiny lettuce that would fit on a spoon,  and a slop of mayonnaise. YUK  !!

Fries that were like eating cardboard,  and to look at their quality you would say they look like they'd been sitting out for a week as some had a white powder tinge, just as old fries would look.

And the 7up drink,  well sweet machine drink that is not really 7up or sprite ...  yuk!

never again I don't think.   disgusting combo meal .......    imo 

have never tried the zinger burger at KFC,  but i dont think i ever will now haha

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dj230 said:

i thought all McDonalds burgers were dry unless drenched in big mac sauce

Rarely eat McDonalds but whenever I had a Big Mac in the US it was so good. In Thailand the buns were very dry and overall felt like a 'cheaper' version. Maybe I have to try ordering one during the day rather than later in the evening.... now that I think of it.

Oh if only Chipotle opened up in Thailand, that'd be P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

• 2 weeks later...

TB new to aussie....Melbourne to be precise, well i love texmex so you bite the bullet....had it in BKK no difference, much better in Mexico of course, tasty did the deed and not much change out of 20AU$ but i did a bit of pigging, its not an everyday meal so dont stress....