50% of people in Thailand to receive vaccine jab by end of October

Jonathan Fairfield

31 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Thanks for clarifying that.

My pleasure.

But seriously there is a point where we just have to 'put up with it' in order to lead a normal life again.  I don't know what that point is in Thailand. I'm guessing at 100 deaths a day. Case load is to some extent immaterial since after the jab most people will suffer no more than a cold, or flu at worst. 

56 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Likewise its not what you think is an acceptable target to open up it’s what Thailand decides is acceptable. 

Fair point.  I think most people are assuming they want to keep deaths on the very low side.  Also, postings are based on what if it's only 50%, etc.  Yes, it could be the Government and people are willing to accept a higher count and it's their call.

• Like 1

Just now, mommysboy said:

Fair point.  I think most people are assuming they want to keep deaths on the very low side.  Also, postings are based on what if it's only 50%, etc.  Yes, it could be the Government and people are willing to accept a higher count and it's their call.

It's 76 provinces call.

All can make independent decisions as they wish.

Try selling that as a guaranteed fun holiday or long stay trip.

Phuket said they would get 100,000 into the shambles box, ended up with at most 30,000.

About 6,000 tourists.

Nobody's going to be coming, no matter what Thailand decides.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As long as they built a barrier around Bangkok and didn't allow access from people arriving from all over the rest of the country, which is 90% of the population and many of whom have not been vaccinated.

Yes, it would only buy a month or two, but that time would allow more of the most vulnerable to get jabbed. Thailand's big failing has been in not doing this- nothing will work until you have 90% of your elderly and vulnerable people protected with AZ or Pfizer.

Anyway, it looks like they will open up around November in tourist spots- rightly or wrongly.  (I think rightly on balance).

56 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

My pleasure.

But seriously there is a point where we just have to 'put up with it' in order to lead a normal life again.  I don't know what that point is in Thailand. I'm guessing at 100 deaths a day. Case load is to some extent immaterial since after the jab most people will suffer no more than a cold, or flu at worst. 

You’re making your feelings into facts again. There are still too many vaccinated people being hospitalized, clearly they have more than just cold and flu symptoms. The UK has performed abysmally and much as I’d like blame the shameful response of Johnson and his band of thieving incompetents, the public have also been very stupid. Even now refusing to wear masks and obsessing over civil rights. It’s a bit of cloth.... I could go on......

2 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You’re making your feelings into facts again. There are still too many vaccinated people being hospitalized, clearly they have more than just cold and flu symptoms. The UK has performed abysmally and much as I’d like blame the shameful response of Johnson and his band of thieving incompetents, the public have also been very stupid. Even now refusing to wear masks and obsessing over civil rights. It’s a bit of cloth.... I could go on......

They don’t need to refuse to wear them as in most settings there is no requirement to do so. 

Your post seems somewhat out of date. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Just be glad the UK government helped finance the AstraZeneca vaccine and a large part of global genome sequencing of the virus.

AZ will help get large parts of the globe out of this mess including Thailand.

Age demographics of the UK and Thailand are totally different, as is the way people live.

The UK government also had a 70% furlough scheme to help businesses as well.

Compare that to the aid that the Thai government has given it's people. Zero.

The chinese vaccine purchasing in Thailand is as dodgy as it gets.

What's Thailand done for the world during the pandemic apart from begging.

44 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Good grief! my feelings!

The vaccines can only do so much. They can't help people who sadly are near the end anyway.

At some point life has to go back to normal because we all have to make a living. But go on- What to you is a daily death rate that is acceptable- zero, ten, thirty, one hundred? 

Edited by mommysboy

54 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

That's a weak argument. 

People get sick from a wide variety of viruses and bacteria, including influenza and even the common cold sometimes. So you could apply the too many argument to just about anything around at the time.  If you wanted to you could use it to justify taking all the cars off the road, banning alcohol, sports, and lord knows what else.

Certainly where deaths are concerned it's mostly unvaccinated people:https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58545548

Looks like the fully vaxed population went up 12% over the last month. If accurate, that was a major improvement over the previous months. If they have the supply and can maintain that rate or up it a little, they might hit 65-70% fully vaxed by the end of the year.   My next hope for getting there from the US is next summer so, for now,I am holding out hope that all we  will need to enter and move freely is to be fully vaxed ourselves

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

They don’t need to refuse to wear them as in most settings there is no requirement to do so. 

Your post seems somewhat out of date. 

And therein les the problem. The UK government tells the people they don’t have to wear a mask despite the knowledge that masks work. My post is certainly not out of date.. if I were to go to the UK I’d still be wearing a mask because it’s the right thing to do.

7 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Just be glad the UK government helped finance the AstraZeneca vaccine and a large part of global genome sequencing of the virus.

AZ will help get large parts of the globe out of this mess including Thailand.

Age demographics of the UK and Thailand are totally different, as is the way people live.

The UK government also had a 70% furlough scheme to help businesses as well.

Compare that to the aid that the Thai government has given it's people. Zero.

The chinese vaccine purchasing in Thailand is as dodgy as it gets.

What's Thailand done for the world during the pandemic apart from begging.

The fact that the UK government funded AZ has no relevance to how they’ve dealt with the pandemic.

Since the international traveler to Thailand has to have had two shots to be fully vaccinated, plus some

other negative tests. They should be okay to go to Thailand, because if they get sick with COVID, they should only have

to stay in their hotels, guest houses a few days and get food delivery until they feel better.      It is the Thai who only

have their one shot who have to still worry about contracting COVID as they will likely have worse effects from the virus.

The big risk to the Thai hospitals will be the Thai population.  The old tourists may still have their other medical problems

and have to be hospitalized for them reasons, but that should be considered a normal problem in a Tourist destination

any where in the world.  Here comes high tourist season, known as Winter, bring on the tropical drinks and festivities!

Geezer

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:33 AM, coolcarer said:

All of it compared to Thailand

Four nations with different restrictions, Scotland and NI still have to book in and out for track and trace.

All 4 of them have been through much greater and more protracted restrictions than Thailand.

But what is wrong with a bit of xenophobia.

37 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Four nations with different restrictions, Scotland and NI still have to book in and out for track and trace.

All 4 of them have been through much greater and more protracted restrictions than Thailand.

But what is wrong with a bit of xenophobia.

Kindly explain to me where in my post there was even the slightest hint of xenophobia?

Once you’ve managed that I’ll be more than happy to explain my experience in the UK as opposed to Thailand and it’s restrictions in place now.