COVID-19: Thailand reports again decreasing coronavirus cases and deaths

webfact

10 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

6 month effectiveness for a vaccine sounds like a poorly designed vaccine.  All the ones I took last decades or a lifetime.

I still can't get an answer on how much injections are needed to provide immunity.  Usually that information is available before release.

Different diseases, different outcomes. Even after 6 months you're still well protected from serious illness. Like all vaccines there is no literal immunity, what there is is increased resistance/preparedness from your immune system.

As the virus continues to mutate, thanks largely to the unvaccinated, annual boosters will be needed for some time, but so what? If that gets us back to reasonably normal living it's a tiny price to pay.

Get vaccinated and be be part of the answer instead of part of the problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here is what you said:

"Anyone with knowledge of Risk Assessment may understand why,  looking at those figures, the government may be considering lowering their original targets for opening sooner."

There is absolutely no indication of that from CCSA and that link I provided makes the case that they have indeed cancelled the previous opening dates.

Along with the links I gave you to the WHO statements which you asked for and have not listened to I will bid you a good evening

No not got round to listening to them yet as been out doing the exercise regimen. Can’t be sitting around for 12 hours/day on a PC, not good for the ol grey matter. 
But I will do later so that is again. 

As we know these decisions are fluid. What they say one day is contradicted by someone else the next and a new target is put in place such as :

As I have said before i have always believed that their main goal was to be fully open for the Xmas/NY tourism and I expect regular   announcements such as the one posted earlier re entertainment relaxations, to gradually entice these tourists into booking their Xmas breaks. 

If the current trends continue re infections and death rates there can be little justification for waiting another 3 months to relax some of the restrictions as appears to be recognised already. 

All the constant posts around “there’s nothing here for them to come for” will all be a distant memory in the next few weeks, well in time to make the Xmas season a tourist success. 

If I’m wrong I will put my hands up you will be the first to know. 

Good evening. 

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No not got round to listening to them yet as been out doing the exercise regimen. Can’t be sitting around for 12 hours/day on a PC, not good for the ol grey matter. 
But I will do later so that is again. 

As we know these decisions are fluid. What they say one day is contradicted by someone else the next and a new target is put in place such as :

As I have said before i have always believed that their main goal was to be fully open for the Xmas/NY tourism and I expect regular   announcements such as the one posted earlier re entertainment relaxations, to gradually entice these tourists into booking their Xmas breaks. 

If the current trends continue re infections and death rates there can be little justification for waiting another 3 months to relax some of the restrictions as appears to be recognised already. 

All the constant posts around “there’s nothing here for them to come for” will all be a distant memory in the next few weeks, well in time to make the Xmas season a tourist success. 

If I’m wrong I will put my hands up you will be the first to know. 

Good evening. 

I was addressing this which is nothing to do with your exercise:

"Anyone with knowledge of Risk Assessment may understand why,  looking at those figures, the government may be considering lowering their original targets for opening sooner."

There is absolutely no indication of that from CCSA and that link I provided makes the case that they have indeed cancelled the previous opening dates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was addressing this which is nothing to do with your exercise:

Yes I think I addressed that point in my previous post. 

Let agree to differ and leave

it there. Thanks. 

Not that anyone goes looking for it, but probably the best solution would be double jabbed, followed by a mild bout of covid19 (thanks to the vaccines) some weeks later.  That would be the best booster of all and should ensure covid19 and descendants won't trouble you unduly in the future.

16 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Not that anyone goes looking for it, but probably the best solution would be double jabbed, followed by a mild bout of covid19 (thanks to the vaccines) some weeks later.  That would be the best booster of all and should ensure covid19 and descendants won't trouble you unduly in the future.

Chances  are you wouldnt even know you had it. 

19 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

You would think so but there are exceptions:

One very unlucky woman

Caught covid in 2020, then when recovered had a Covishield vaccine (Indian AZ version). Caught covid alpha variant with moderate symptoms, recovered had a booster, then finally caught covid yet again delta variant with serious symptoms needing oxygen in hospital. Survived and now well, lets hope she avoids any new variants in the future!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Thats my plan. If I haven't been infected by this time next year, I'll look for a booster. But prefer some 2nd gen vaccines, which have not been produced yet. 

Only the elderly and immunocompromised shoudl get boosters at this time. Most of the elderly population needs to get fully immunized first. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

In case you don't know the date, it's September 20th 2021.

Forgetting the short notice, there isn't a chance that Thailand will be back to simple pre-covid travelling.

There will be restrictions/hastles/small print details/testing etc.

Ridiculous sealed routes or whatever else this weeks buzz word is.

I suggest you listen to some of Adam Judd's interviews. He is the editor of the Pattaya News.

I think it's on Bryan Flowers YouTube channel.

I find him balanced and realistic about what he thinks will happen over the next year or so.

The Pattaya News have Thai reporters on the ground, attending the many major tourist related meetings around Thailand.

Please listen to what he has to say. It will save you making a fool of yourself.

Daily.

The only person making a fool

of themselves is you with your constant trolling of my posts despite being given previous warnings. 

Get a hobby or something to keep you busy or better still ignore me. 

Thank you in advance. 

8 hours ago, coolcarer said:

Well I’m not on this thread as much as you but I’ve never seen anyone claim it would be end of 2022/3/4 before anyone comes here, would you care to provide something to back up your claims?

I also see nobody claiming moral victories, a very immature remark.

Everton used to have a lot of moral victories. Pity they were no use. 

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Unfortunately, the antibodies generated by an infection now may not help with next year's variants. 

Kind of like the flu. 

6 hours ago, James105 said:

I wish they would report obesity status as well.   Might well scare a few folks into going on a diet that could save their life should they catch it, or prevent them from dying from a myriad of other diseases related to this very preventable condition which in turn would relieve some pressure on the health services.   Knowing what we know about this virus,  I am surprised this isn't given more prominence.   

Agree. I am sure the figure is available somewhere in the analysis, just needs somebody with the expertise, time and patience to get to it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

6 month effectiveness for a vaccine sounds like a poorly designed vaccine.  All the ones I took last decades or a lifetime.

I still can't get an answer on how much injections are needed to provide immunity.  Usually that information is available before release.

You really should look up what effectiveness means in regards to epidemiology.

COVID-19: Coronavirus cases in Thailand drop for the fifth consecutive day

COV21.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Tuesday (September 21) reported 10,919 new COVID-19 cases, 11,694 recoveries and 143 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1232321-covid-19-coronavirus-cases-in-thailand-drop-for-the-fifth-consecutive-day/

//CLOSED//

/Admin