COVID-19: Thailand reports again decreasing coronavirus cases and deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Looking at the death rate ranking data from worldometer over the past 7 days:

Thailand 66th in world  @ 14 deaths/million of population, down 33% 

14th in Asia. 

Anyone with knowledge of Risk Assessment may understand why,  looking at those figures, the government may be considering lowering their original targets for opening sooner. 

Health vs Economy must be a real consideration now in the decision making process going forwards. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

Risk Assessment carried out by Dr. Michael Ryan, head of the emergencies program for the World Health Organization, countries that open up too early with low vaccination rates will pay a very high price.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Risk Assessment carried out by Dr. Michael Ryan, head of the emergencies program for the World Health Organization, countries that open up too early with low vaccination rates will pay a very high price.

14 people/million of population as it currently stands in Thailand with just over 20% double vaccinated  may not on the face of it seem a very high price when considered against all the negative effects on the economy, jobs, mental health etc 

Sounds an interesting read. Have you a link for his RA?

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

This thread is about covid is it not? The fact is young healthy people with no comorbities are dying from delta. Riding a moped and being killed is neither contageous nor a pandemic and as far as I know there is no vaccine available to avoid it. 

Correct. But it’s always good to get a different perspective against similar situations don't you think? 

Fact is young healthy people sadly die in a variety of scenarios does not necessarily mean that any decisions made should be delayed because of it. Again, it’s all about real numbers and carrying out the proper RA in terms of of deaths of this kind vs number of potential deaths due to people’s mental health, loss of livelihoods, suicides etc. taking out the headline emotion. 

Difficult decisions to make for sure. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t type of scenario. 

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

14 people/million of population as it currently stands in Thailand with just over 20% double vaccinated  may not on the face of it seem a very high price when considered against all the negative effects on the economy, jobs, mental health etc 

Sounds an interesting read. Have you a link for his RA?

15,375 covid deaths since 1st April, thousands more yet to come and only 20% or so fully vaccinated yet you are talking about risk assessments in opening early, please. The only things to be opening up gradually are internal first, don't even think about international until businesses and schools are open first.

To listen to WHO on this go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3f9sm_0Qek 

or here Countries opening up too soon, says WHO

However I'm ended with this as I'm not going to debate the ridiculous notion of opening early when vaccinations are low, waste of time.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

15,375 covid deaths since 1st April, thousands more yet to come and only 20% or so fully vaccinated yet you are talking about risk assessments in opening early, please. The only things to be opening up gradually are internal first, don't even think about international until businesses and schools are open first.

To listen to WHO on this go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3f9sm_0Qek 

or here Countries opening up too soon, says WHO

However I'm ended with this as I'm not going to debate the ridiculous notion of opening early when vaccinations are low, waste of time.

Thanks for the information. I will have a look later. 

It may seem ridiculous and a waste of time to yourself, and that’s fine,  but these are the kind of discussions that will be taking place at government level, looking at real number of current deaths (not past) and the risk vs benefit of opening early with the current/planned number of vaccinations in in terms of the wider picture  such as the economy , jobs, mental health etc. 

Hence why the target will keep moving as it is now in Thailand. 

It’s a thankless task. But plan ahead they must. 

Edited by Kadilo

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks for the information. I will have a look later. 

It may seem ridiculous and a waste of time to yourself, and that’s fine,  but these are the kind of discussions that will be taking place at government level, looking at real number of current deaths (not past) and the risk vs benefit of opening early with the current/planned number of vaccinations in in terms of the wider picture  such as the economy , jobs, mental health etc. 

Hence why the target will keep moving as it is now in Thailand. 

It’s a thankless task. But plan ahead they must. 

Plan ahead they must and thats why they set themselves a target of 70% levels not 20%. For those of us actually in Thailand and affected by this, opening up on 20% is not being talked about, not even by CCSA 

My mention on deaths was not historical it was for this wave and future deaths.

Edited by Bkk Brian

Plan ahead they must and thats why they set themselves a target of 70% levels not 20%. For those of us actually in Thailand and affected by this, opening up on 20% is not being talked about, not even by CCSA

I never mentioned opening up on 20% fully vaccinated but seems from some of the latest announcements and discussions that new targets are being mentioned below the original 70% double vaccinated. 

Thailand currently has 14 deaths/million of population with 20% which may be used as a benchmark for those discussions using Risk vs Benefit analysis.

They well conclude to stick with the original targets but on the face of it that’s a very low death rate to keep this economy and people livelihoods locked down and ruined much longer IMO

Edited by Kadilo

31 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Looking at the death rate ranking data from worldometer over the past 7 days:

Thailand 66th in world  @ 14 deaths/million of population, down 33% 

14th in Asia. 

Anyone with knowledge of Risk Assessment may understand why,  looking at those figures, the government may be considering lowering their original targets for opening sooner. 

Health vs Economy must be a real consideration now in the decision making process going forwards. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

You have knowledge of risk assessment running a bar in Thailand?

Do me a favour.

Here's some risk assessment for you.

China still has a 3 week quarantine regime. China is still following a zero covid strategy.

China has enough on its plate with Evergrande, the giant property company in serious trouble.

The Chinese won't be coming anytime soon.

Thailand has 76 separate provinces with each one likely to do whatever it wants.

Look at Koh Tao opening then closing within days. Imagine being a tourist on Koh Tao?

You keep banging on about Phuket's shambles box being a success.

100,000 expected, at most 30,000 arrived with estimates of 6000 real tourists.

People and travel agents aren't stupid.

Test positive and your marched off to hospital.

No central structure or coordination. Rules likely to change by the hour, let alone day.

Quit while your ahead and get pennies on the pound and forget Thailand for 3 to 5 years.

Just now, Kadilo said:

I never mentioned opening up on 20% fully vaccinated but seems from some of the latest announcements and discussions that new targets are being mentioned below the original 70% double vaccinated. 

Thailand currently has 14 deaths/million of population with 20% which may be used as a benchmark for those discussions using Risk vs Benefit analysis.

They well conclude to stick with the original targets but on the face of it that’s a very low death rate to keep this economy and people livelihoods locked down and ruined much longer IMO

This is what you said:

"14 people/million of population as it currently stands in Thailand with just over 20% double vaccinated  may not on the face of it seem a very high price when considered against all the negative effects on the economy, jobs, mental health etc"

Certainly sounds like you were talking about opening up to me.

15,375 covid deaths since 1st April, thousands more yet to come is not a low death rate for those who died and are continuing to die. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is what you said:

"14 people/million of population as it currently stands in Thailand with just over 20% double vaccinated  may not on the face of it seem a very high price when considered against all the negative effects on the economy, jobs, mental health etc"

Certainly sounds like you were talking about opening up to me.

15,375 covid deaths since 1st April, thousands more yet to come is not a low death rate for those who died and are continuing to die. 

I was talking about the discussions that will be taking place around these numbers and what would be the Risk  assessment in terms of Risk vs Benefit of Health vs Economy. 

The death rate is what it is now because now is when the assessment will be made.  14 people/ million of population is a low number and likely to fall even more with the lower number of infections, but yes every death is a tragedy for sure in whatever context. 

Edited by Kadilo

Video news: Chonburi Covid-19 cases lowest in over two months, entertainment sector opening to be discussed by Covid Center.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/20/video-news-chonburi-covid-19-cases-lowest-in-over-two-months-entertainment-sector-opening-to-be-discussed-by-covid-center/

5-hot-go-go-bars-pattaya-walking-street.jpg-696x464.jpg

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I was talking about the discussions that will be taking place around these numbers and what would be the Risk  assessment in terms of Risk vs Benefit of Health vs Economy. 

The death rate is what it is now because now is when the assessment will be made.  14 people/ million of population is a low number and likely to fall even more with the lower number of infections, but yes every death is a tragedy for sure in whatever context. 

This is how they make their risk assessments:

Bangkok Sandbox” and no-quarantine tourism not yet approved by government agencies, says Thailand’s Covid-19 Center

the matter is not yet considered and approved by the CCSA, the Public Health Ministry, and the Cabinet Committee. It must be discussed with the relevant departments and must be initially presented through the Ministry of Public Health in order to have a careful and strict examination of the measures as Bangkok, in particular, is a large area and need to be thoroughly considered in detail.

“The consideration will require a self-assessment of the area by the public health government agencies and the private sectors whether the area is ready to be designated for the Sandbox. The health care system must be ready in advance if a concerning number of infections is found,” Dr. Apisamai stated.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/17/bangkok-sandbox-and-no-quarantine-tourism-not-yet-approved-by-government-agencies-says-thailands-covid-19-center/

This is how they make their risk assessments:

Bangkok Sandbox” and no-quarantine tourism not yet approved by government agencies, says Thailand’s Covid-19 Center

the matter is not yet considered and approved by the CCSA, the Public Health Ministry, and the Cabinet Committee. It must be discussed with the relevant departments and must be initially presented through the Ministry of Public Health in order to have a careful and strict examination of the measures as Bangkok, in particular, is a large area and need to be thoroughly considered in detail.

“The consideration will require a self-assessment of the area by the public health government agencies and the private sectors whether the area is ready to be designated for the Sandbox. The health care system must be ready in advance if a concerning number of infections is found,” Dr. Apisamai stated.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/17/bangkok-sandbox-and-no-quarantine-tourism-not-yet-approved-by-government-agencies-says-thailands-covid-19-center/

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Yes, pretty much in line with what I was saying. They are looking at the data, carrying out the appropriate Risk Assessment and proposing relaxation of the restrictions dependant on their readiness, including vaccination 

8 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

6 month effectiveness for a vaccine sounds like a poorly designed vaccine.  All the ones I took last decades or a lifetime.

I still can't get an answer on how much injections are needed to provide immunity.  Usually that information is available before release.

Tetanus and influenza are two examples of vaccines that do not confer long term protection.

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes, pretty much in line with what I was saying. They are looking at the data, carrying out the appropriate Risk Assessment and proposing relaxation of the restrictions dependant on their readiness, including vaccination 

Here is what you said:

"Anyone with knowledge of Risk Assessment may understand why,  looking at those figures, the government may be considering lowering their original targets for opening sooner."

There is absolutely no indication of that from CCSA and that link I provided makes the case that they have indeed cancelled the previous opening dates.

Along with the links I gave you to the WHO statements which you asked for and have not listened to I will bid you a good evening

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

Every First Jab Will Be Sinovac Vaccine in October

BANGKOK, Sept 20 (TNA) – The first dose of COVID-19 vaccination for Thais next month will be the vaccine made by Sinovac, according to Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

The plan for the Sinovac vaccine to be the first dose for COVID-19 vaccination resulted from Thailand’s order for 12 million doses from Sinovac. Of the amount, 9 million doses will be delivered this month and 3 million more doses will arrive next month, Mr Anutin said.

The government decided to use the Sinovac vaccine as the first dose and the vaccine made by AstraZeneca as the second dose so that people can be fully vaccinated sooner, within 3-4 weeks after their first injection, he said.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-784431

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Pfizer and Biontech have announced positive topline results from a pivotal trial of the COVID-19 vaccine in children aged 5 to 11

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1439903960006119424

Further details:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-trial-for-children-aged-under-12-shows-robust-immune-response-12412838

Edited by anchadian

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Every First Jab Will Be Sinovac Vaccine in October

BANGKOK, Sept 20 (TNA) – The first dose of COVID-19 vaccination for Thais next month will be the vaccine made by Sinovac, according to Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

The plan for the Sinovac vaccine to be the first dose for COVID-19 vaccination resulted from Thailand’s order for 12 million doses from Sinovac. Of the amount, 9 million doses will be delivered this month and 3 million more doses will arrive next month, Mr Anutin said.

The government decided to use the Sinovac vaccine as the first dose and the vaccine made by AstraZeneca as the second dose so that people can be fully vaccinated sooner, within 3-4 weeks after their first injection, he said.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-784431

I know Thailand did a small study on the mixing of Sinovac with AZ and that WHO a few weeks ago stated that its up to individual health depts of countries to make decisions on that.

WHO also released a statement just a few days ago saying that so far there is only evidence for a mix of AZ and mRna vaccines as being safe and effective.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Where to get a second jab of AZ?  Apparently Bang Sue is no longer giving them. I have an appointment to get my second jab there on October 5th.

Where did you get this info from?

A member who regularly posts on the daily updates also has a second visit for AZ next month.