COVID-19: Thailand reports again decreasing coronavirus cases and deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, TooMuchTime said:

Conspiracy theorist spotted.

Why do you not believe these numbers when every country follows this same trend?  Are you saying that the case count presented isn't 100% correct?  Of course it isn't 100% correct but with something called SAMPLING you can be confident in the overall trend.  I hope you don't expect any country to capture 100% of call cases.

One word: testing.

Thailand isn't.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Basic  stats factors don.t apply to the vocal 'Xperts' on here tho! Dont believe death numbers seems to be the current fallacy! 

Don't take it personally, I don't believe anything most Thais tell me, until proven beyond reasonable doubt.

I do employ almost 4,000 of them and have been here 31 years, so I have the benefit of experience. 

31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

“Question the vaccine”.

who has claimed that vaccines offer 100% protection?

But the unvaccinated have 0% protection - you don’t care about them. 

and no, the unvaccinated don’t accept the risk, many of them are simply misinformed. By people like you. So, they die unnecessarily from Covid, victims of lies.

There is the small issue of people who already had the virus, and suffered no adverse reactions whilst not having had any vaccine. These people could be excused for thinking they may be safe without the jab. Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Get the vaccine if you are at risk so you have extra protection.

Everyone else who is not at risk can carry on as normal.  Vast majority survive from COVID as shown in CDC stats.  Vast majority who died, were elderly and/or had multiple health conditions.  A very small percent of the population makes up for the vast majority of covid deaths.

Unvaccinated can give to the vaccinated so get vaccinated to protect the vaccinated.  Vaccinated can also infect the vaccinated.  Neat.

I doubt you will be allowed to enter Thailand in the future without proof of vaccination. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TooMuchTime said:

Everyone else who is not at risk can carry on as normal.  Vast majority survive from COVID as shown in CDC stats.  Vast majority who died, were elderly and/or had multiple health conditions.  A very small percent of the population makes up for the vast majority of covid deaths.

Unvaccinated can give to the vaccinated so get vaccinated to protect the vaccinated.  Vaccinated can also infect the vaccinated.  Neat.

If there's a majority then there's a minority. Guess you think these are unimportant. Every wk here in Thailand we are seeing young people succumbing to the desease. Babies, children, pregnant women. For you these are numbers that represent a minority %. For me these are people who have family and friends and if fully vaccinated may well have had the chance to live out their lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats ok then excuse them, just cross fingers a new variant won't pop up. Study in India showed a very large proportion of the population had antibodies from the original covid, then along came alpha and delta for their biggest wave and deaths ever.

That's a fair answer. It would be very informative to know, as a proportion of those that died, how many had already had covid once, and never vaccinated. Alas, those figures will likely never be known, although the stats could have been collected if the effort was put in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macrohistory said:

The trend is down because lockdowns -- even semi-lockdowns -- work.  Only Hello Kitty in Wonderland thinks bad things just go away on their own.

Looks like the peak was 25k a day, about half that now. Good news

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

If you choose not to get vaccinated, you can infect other people, since you have 0% protection from the virus. Effectively, you choose to be a carrier of the disease.

I appreciate your pro-death position, but I have no idea why you choose to proclaim it publicly.

• Like 1

Only 6 per cent of free ATKs have been used

The National Health Security Office has distributed 121,922 sets of antigen test kits (ATKs) for Covid-19 to 60,691 people in the risky group since September 16.

“However, so far only 6,947 test results, or about 6 per cent of total ATKs distributed, have been received,” NHSO secretary-general Dr Jadet Thammathat-Aree said on Sunday.

People in risky groups that fit the following criteria are eligible for two sets of ATKs per person:

▪︎ Those aged over 60 years, bed-ridden patients, disabled people, and those with seven underlying health problems

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006380

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Chinese do what they are told and go where they are told - it is engrained into them from birth, they are easy pickings for certain people in Thailand

"engrained into them from birth"? I would say bashed into them by the CCP is a better explanation.

Well I am not sure about the numbers.  I hope they are reflective of the general downward trend.  But I am sure about the COVID 19 quarantine center started yesterday one kilometer away from my house.  And I live in the country.  There were 30 people there yesterday morning - all sitting socially distanced.  My reaction is that the published numbers don't matter now.  That COVID is in my neighborhood and I must keep my guard up and maintain the social distancing, mask wearing and completion of my vaccination.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

The trend is down because lockdowns -- even semi-lockdowns -- work.  Only Hello Kitty in Wonderland thinks bad things just go away on their own.

Agree but I would add vaccinations and home testing to the list. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khabib said:

That's a fair answer. It would be very informative to know, as a proportion of those that died, how many had already had covid once, and never vaccinated. Alas, those figures will likely never be known, although the stats could have been collected if the effort was put in.

There's a study here:

Real-World Evidence Against ‘Herd Immunity’ (through broad infection) Approach to #COVID19 Pandemic, from India Despite majority of population having evidence of past infection, didn't effectively deter 2nd wave

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.09.21263331v1?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_ZMRteMROVG60VAfYX6AtazwVclkT74hfFxO.mn.g6MY-1632109650-0-gqNtZGzNAfujcnBszQa9

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's a study here:

Real-World Evidence Against ‘Herd Immunity’ (through broad infection) Approach to #COVID19 Pandemic, from India Despite majority of population having evidence of past infection, didn't effectively deter 2nd wave

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.09.21263331v1?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_ZMRteMROVG60VAfYX6AtazwVclkT74hfFxO.mn.g6MY-1632109650-0-gqNtZGzNAfujcnBszQa9

I have seen studies show that natural immunity far surpasses vaccination immunity, and for longer. On the other hand, I have read the opposite too. I find this whole covid thing very difficult to assess the truth.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Don't take it personally, I don't believe anything most Thais tell me, until proven beyond reasonable doubt.

I do employ almost 4,000 of them and have been here 31 years, so I have the benefit of experience. 

Hopefully your 4000 have all come through without becoming a statistic?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

Nobody is claiming it's going away on it's own, that's a straw man.

Thailand is doing millions of vaccinations each week now. I suppose that has nothing to do with it?

Only Pokemon wandering around The Matrix seriously believes vaccinations don't make a huge difference. That's a dangerous and irresponsible message for you lockdown fanatics to be sending out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you choose not to get vaccinated, you can infect other people, since you have 0% protection from the virus. Effectively, you choose to be a carrier of the disease.

I appreciate your pro-death position, but I have no idea why you choose to proclaim it publicly.

Unvaccinated people do not have 0% protection.  People have immune systems.  That is why estimates of 40% of people are asymptomatic.  They got the virus but due to their immune system, had 0 symptoms or ill effects.  Next step is people with minor symptoms then those with severe then death.  Death is very minimal for non elderly and those who don't have multiple diseases.

Here was the survival rates I took from the CDC database.  As I mentioned before, elderly and those at risk should be encouraged to take the vaccine as everyone else has a high rate of survival.  Prioritizing that subgroup seems like the most effective approach given the numbers.  Maybe for the younger people we can go from 99.90 to 99.96 rate of survival.

https://data.cdc.gov/d/vbim-akqf/visualization

Thru to 1/1/2021 5/1/21-8/27/21
Age Survive%A Survive%B
0 - 9 Years 99.97% 99.98%
10 - 19 Years 99.97% 99.97%
20 - 29 Years 99.90% 99.90%
30 - 39 Years 99.71% 99.75%
40 - 49 Years 99.23% 99.33%
50 - 59 Years 97.95% 98.34%
60 - 69 Years 93.77% 95.96%
70 - 79 Years 83.47% 91.77%
80+ Years 62.76% 82.34%
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I have seen studies show that natural immunity far surpasses vaccination immunity, and for longer. On the other hand, I have read the opposite too. I find this whole covid thing very difficult to assess the truth.

That does not mean you should try to catch delta to try and protect yourself from it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That does not mean you should try to catch delta to try and protect yourself from it.

I do my best to avoid catching just a common cold. Very irritating things. Strange thing is, I believe (not certain) I had covid in December 2019, due to international travel from Bangkok. Haven't had so much as a sniffle since then. I'm certainly not anti-vax, and will be having in the near future. I'm preferring to pay, and choose which one I have, having had time to educate myself as much as possible about the various vaccines, and the various ways individual vaccines work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Conspiracy theorist spotted.

Why do you not believe these numbers when every country follows this same trend?  Are you saying that the case count presented isn't 100% correct?  Of course it isn't 100% correct but with something called SAMPLING you can be confident in the overall trend.  I hope you don't expect any country to capture 100% of call cases.

Accuse the poster of being a conspiracy theorist for not believing the numbers to then go on and agree with the numbers being incorrect.

Great post, keep it up!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes especially the regular  “no one will be coming here until end 2022/3/4 brigade”

Now they claim  a moral victory if the opening gets delayed for 2 weeks til mid October. 

As I have previously posted we thought the govt would do the sensible thing and wait until at least 70% of the population were fully vaccinated. It's now around 20%. When do you think it will reach the 70% mark. Latest advice I am seeing is 80%. I cannot remember anyone saying 2023 or 2024. I think you are making this up. Most I remember were saying end of this year to early or mid next year. 

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

As I have previously posted we thought the govt would do the sensible thing and wait until at least 70% of the population were fully vaccinated. It's now around 20%. When do you think it will reach the 70% mark. 

Thanks for the cue. 

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

Around 70% fully vaccinated by mid December at current rates. 
but sooner of predicted Vac rates increase. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks for the cue. 

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

Around 70% fully vaccinated by mid December at current rates. 
but sooner of predicted Vac rates increase. 

As I said. End of this year early nxt year which is when many of us on here thought there would be an openning up. Not next month with by then maybe 70-75% of the population not being double vaxed.

• Like 2

Finally..............................however they are doing it to boost the confidence of incoming tourists, how about a thought for the people who actually live in Phuket

Public Health teams to test 25,000 Phuket locals in bid to boost confidence

The Public Health Ministry will send Comprehensive Covid-19 Response (CCR) teams to Phuket to test up to 25,000 people in a bid to boost tourists’ confidence, the ministry’s deputy permanent-secretary Dr Yongyos Thammawut said on Sunday.

“Nine CCR teams from regional public health offices 11 and 12 will be dispatched from September 21 to 23,” he said. “They will test up to 25,000 Phuket residents for Covid-19. Those who test positive but are asymptomatic will be sent into the home-isolation system, while symptomatic patients will be admitted to hospital.”

Yongyos said with these tests, tourists visiting under the Phuket Sandbox scheme can rest assured they are safe from contracting Covid-19 from locals.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006385