COVID-19: Thailand reports again decreasing coronavirus cases and deaths

webfact

COV26.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (September 20) reported 12,709 new COVID-19 cases, 11,125 recoveries and 106 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

◼︎ 11,125 recoveries

◼︎ 11,851 new infections 

◼︎ 858 prison / prison infections

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,460,323

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,313,718

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,489,186 with 15,469 deaths.

The news comes as Thailand’s Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) has announced an official agreement with ZP Therapeutics, a division of Zuellig Pharma, over the supply and distribution of 8 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in Thailand.

CRA Secretary-General Dr. Nithi Mahanonda said the academy aims to use the vaccines as prime and booster vaccinations. A proportion of the vaccines will be allocated to people from vulnerable and underprivileged groups after approval.

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update20SEP).png

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Don't worry about the doomers, worry about the Thai health care system being put under pressure again when Thailand opens up and vaccines start to wane.

Singapore reintroduced restrictions within a week.

Flip flopping won't inspire tourists to return.

As expected.

6 month effectiveness for a vaccine sounds like a poorly designed vaccine.  All the ones I took last decades or a lifetime.

I still can't get an answer on how much injections are needed to provide immunity.  Usually that information is available before release.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

6 month effectiveness for a vaccine sounds like a poorly designed vaccine.  All the ones I took last decades or a lifetime.

I still can't get an answer on how much injections are needed to provide immunity.  Usually that information is available before release.

And what brands of vaccines did you have?

19 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Anyone else having trouble believing these numbers? 

I accept the relative change in numbers (there isa  decrease in cases), but ofcourse noone knows that absolute number of cases in Thailand (or anywhere else for that matter). If you don't believe the cases, look at the nuber of hsopitalisations and deaths. It's very simple, really. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Conspiracy theorist spotted.

Why do you not believe these numbers when every country follows this same trend?  Are you saying that the case count presented isn't 100% correct?  Of course it isn't 100% correct but with something called SAMPLING you can be confident in the overall trend.  I hope you don't expect any country to capture 100% of call cases.

welcome to my troll ignore list

6 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Have you factored into your thinking the flu vaccines. 

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I guess to capture any near 100% you would first have to find them. If you think 40,000 tests in a day out of a population of 70,000,000 is a good sample that's up to you. It would seem the UK has a different opinion.

It is a good sample size to see the trend.  You learn this in a basic stats class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To boost or not to boost: The pros and cons of getting a third COVID shot

With the government offering a free booster dose from September 24 and the paid option of the Moderna vaccine available soon, millions of Thais are thinking hard about whether or not to get a third shot.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/to-boost-or-not-to-boost-the-pros-and-cons-of-getting-a-third-covid-shot/

• Like 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

Have you factored into your thinking the flu vaccines. 

Is that the seasonal vaccine that is recommended for the elderly and those at risk or serious harm from the flu?  I think you may be on to something.  We should follow the same protocol for the flu vaccine for the covid one.

At risk get the vaccine while everyone else can choose to.  No economic shutdowns, no coercion.

• Like 1