Every First Jab Will Be Sinovac Vaccine in October

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The mix-and-match vaccine administration would stimulate antibodies to the same level boosted by two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Adequate COVID-19 vaccinations would be done in Thailand in early November at the latest, Mr Anutin said. (TNA)”

What does he mean by “adequate”? 

Double jabbed? 

adequate mean that he and all family/friends have been vaxxed

1 minute ago, JayBird said:

Keep in mind, some businesses require their employees to have been vaccinated.

So it may be a choice of Sinovac, or unemployment.

While True...a goodly number of these folks are also older way past even my advanced years. Special lines and setup for wheelchair users too. My guess is these are regular Thais who just want to get back to normal times and keeping in line their general conpliance with all absurd government/religious superstitions I have trouble seeing them question a free vaccine provided by same authorities. Younger, highly educated Thais...absolutely likely to question..but still get vaccinated due to job requirements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khun Yogi said:

Tests done in CHINA prove that one shot of Sinovac is only 23 % effective against Delta. So WHY is this Govt. still insisting using it.?????????

One shot of every vaccines is inadequate against Delta. You need 2 shots to provide the best immunity. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JayBird said:

Keep in mind, some businesses require their employees to have been vaccinated.

So it may be a choice of Sinovac, or unemployment.

Correct, and business owners. The Bungalow owners here at Kata months ago were set to wait for Pfizer but were told it was Sinovac or shut down.......... now waiting on their AZ booster as everyone............

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

This vaccination plan will not restore the UK governments confidence in Thailand's vaccine rollout and Thailand will stay on the red list for some considerable time  . It's not about how many arms you have injected but it's what you put into the arm that counts .

• Like 2

"What does he mean by “adequate”? ". It means that as long as he is making money from using it  he doesnt care what happens to thais in general, the fact that the western world does not accept the chinese vaccines as valid to enter their countries shows it is not what he is claiming but by forcing it onto everyone he is laughing all the way to the bank

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The mix-and-match vaccine administration would stimulate antibodies to the same level boosted by two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Adequate COVID-19 vaccinations would be done in Thailand in early November at the latest, Mr Anutin said. (TNA)”

What does he mean by “adequate”? 

Double jabbed? 

Does that put your view of the Country opening up because they reach 70% vaccinated in jeopardy possibly? Adequate is adequate for whoever decides it is enough and Anutin has been very reserved with his words of late.  Not sure if that is a good thing or another play on words by Anutin, just like his 1 million vaccinations a day starting in August, which never happened, and now they want to hit 1 million on this coming Friday.  One has to wonder if they will be using the new under the skin method starting this Friday with the million they want to vaccinate in order to save vaccine, to test it out for the start of the new Vaccination procedures with Sinovac being the first jab given starting as the OP says October 1.  Not seeing any studies that say that the process has been peer reviewed elsewhere.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118997/

Injecting a vaccine into the layer of subcutaneous fat, where poor vascularity may result in slow mobilization and processing of antigen, is a cause of vaccine failure1—for example in hepatitis B,2 rabies, and influenza vaccines.3 Compared with intramuscular administration, subcutaneous injection of hepatitis B vaccine leads to significantly lower seroconversion rates and more rapid decay of antibody response

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Good to know the SIn and AZ combo still does not qualify.

Nowhere does it say that the two shots of WHO emergency approved vaccines have to be two of the same vaccines:

Those who have received vaccines listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization, such as the AstraZeneca vaccine, would also be considered fully vaccinated, according to a statement from Thomas Skinner, a C.D.C. spokesman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/us/politics/us-travel-ban-coronavirus.html

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Well that plan is not going to work out that well with so many refusing to accept a Chinese vaccine. Once millions of doses go stale dated, perhaps they might get the message and stop ordering it.

Most of the Thais I know will not get a Chinese jab, and are waiting for anything else to become available.  I think most can get a Sinovac anytime at Central if wanted.

Totally agree.

There is already such bad press on Sinovac through Social Media its going to be tough.

I'm so glad many including myself  were able to get Pfeizer from donations and accordingly pre ordered Moderna for our loved ones that are arriving in October (hopefully).

This under the skin shots are a whole other animal to deal with. 

I wish the vaccine companies would chime in.

Thailand is creating its own experimental vaccine hub.

Very dangerous precident.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-explore-injecting-coronavirus-vaccines-under-skin-2021-08-19/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Perhaps I only have anecdotal evidence, but Sinovac does not seem to be popular among Thais. From my staff, to my staff's friends, to taxi and Grab drivers who chat me up about Covid and vaccines, not a single person has anything good to say about Sinovac. From a belief that it is ineffective generally-and quite ineffective against Delta-to comments about how 'Thailand only uses it because it's owned by (a certain Thai billionaire)/the PM just wants to please his Chinese masters)', the vaccine has a negative reputation.

Whether or not the beliefs about SInovac are accurate is immaterial; it seems trying to force SInovac on folks who don't want it is not a smart move. Then again, it seems a 'smart move' from the current regime qualifies as a unicorn.

Noone is forcing them....they can still get infected and get some of that sweet natural immunity that way. Ansd they WILL get infected eventually. 

15 minutes ago, seajae said:

"What does he mean by “adequate”? ". It means that as long as he is making money from using it  he doesnt care what happens to thais in general, the fact that the western world does not accept the chinese vaccines as valid to enter their countries shows it is not what he is claiming but by forcing it onto everyone he is laughing all the way to the bank

The Chinese and Russian vaccines are acceptable for travellers in many countries despite the reluctance of the West to heed WHO's advise to include all vaccines approved by them. UK even don't recognized Astrazeneca made in India. Strange idiosyncrasy policies of the western countries. 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/07/20/which-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-most-widely-accepted-for-international-travel

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Well that plan is not going to work out that well with so many refusing to accept a Chinese vaccine. Once millions of doses go stale dated, perhaps they might get the message and stop ordering it.

Most of the Thais I know will not get a Chinese jab, and are waiting for anything else to become available.  I think most can get a Sinovac anytime at Central if wanted.

(SINOVAC) Stability and storage

Vaccine storage temperature: Store in the original carton in a refrigerator at +2 to +8 °C

Do not store in a freezer.

Shelf life at different temperatures: Unopened vials in a refrigerator between +2 and +8 °C: 12 months or until expiry date as stated on the label.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/act-accelerator/covax/21221_sinovac-vaccine-explainer.pdf

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

In China, researchers recently found that the Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines had a combined efficacy of 70% in preventing COVID-19 infections during a Delta-driven outbreak in the southern city of Guangzhou.

https://fortune.com/2021/08/31/china-covid-vaccine-sinovac-sinopharm-delta-variant-effective/

I thought China had got rid of covid?

05m4IOY.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does that put your view of the Country opening up because they reach 70% vaccinated in jeopardy possibly? Adequate is adequate for whoever decides it is enough and Anutin has been very reserved with his words of late.  Not sure if that is a good thing or another play on words by Anutin, just like his 1 million vaccinations a day starting in August, which never happened, and now they want to hit 1 million on this coming Friday.  One has to wonder if they will be using the new under the skin method starting this Friday with the million they want to vaccinate in order to save vaccine, to test it out for the start of the new Vaccination procedures with Sinovac being the first jab given starting as the OP says October 1.  Not seeing any studies that say that the process has been peer reviewed elsewhere.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118997/

Injecting a vaccine into the layer of subcutaneous fat, where poor vascularity may result in slow mobilization and processing of antigen, is a cause of vaccine failure1—for example in hepatitis B,2 rabies, and influenza vaccines.3 Compared with intramuscular administration, subcutaneous injection of hepatitis B vaccine leads to significantly lower seroconversion rates and more rapid decay of antibody response

Sorry but I’ve no idea what you are going on about. 

Edited by Kadilo

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

U.S. to Lift Pandemic Travel Restrictions, Easing Tension With Europe
Travelers who provide proof of full vaccination against the coronavirus before boarding a flight will be able to enter the United States.

Sept. 20, 2021
Updated 7:21 p.m. ET

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/us/politics/us-travel-ban-coronavirus.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers people fully inoculated two weeks after they receive the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Those who have received vaccines listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization, such as the AstraZeneca vaccine, would also be considered fully vaccinated, according to a statement from Thomas Skinner, a C.D.C. spokesman.

ah  but what evidence is  acceptable to  them,I  have  a  piece  of  paper  all  in Thai saying ive had 0ne pfizer  so  far,maybe ill  get a  second piece  next time but  will it  be acceptable

?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I know we should had Better, and we should had more. But we have what we have. 

Giving the Sinovac first and then following up with a better vaccine is a good idea given out situation now.

No.  We're way past the "it's the best we can get right now so it's better than nothing" excuse.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I don't have the national figures to hand, but I do know the 19th Sep vaccination figures for Sakon Nakhon, which has a population of approx 1.1 million.

A total of 377,461 vaccinations have been administered. Of that total, 220,653 are of Chinese origin. That's around 58%.

So very clearly, the Thai population are accepting the Chinese vaccines.  They are not being taken in by the nonsense that is being spouted on this and other forms of social media.

Sakon Nakhon stats 19th sep1.jpg

There is a difference between accepting something as the only choice and thinking its a good vaccine. I havent heard many Thais saying positive things about it. But like the Thais I too would take shinovax as its better then nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

There is a difference between accepting something as the only choice and thinking its a good vaccine.

That is probably situation that has been faced by 90% of the world's population. For the most part they have the choice of take it or leave it. And, of course that includes, for the most part, us as well. Glad to see that you are pragmatic about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

That is probably situation that has been faced by 90% of the world's population. For the most part they have the choice of take it or leave it. And, of course that includes, for the most part, us as well. Glad to see that you are pragmatic about it.

Any vaccine is still better then no vaccine. So sure you have to be pragmatic. I mean what can they do, nothing. I was lucky about my shots of Pfizer. But otherwise i would have accepted shinovax too. I don't like it but no vaccine is worse. 

In the Netherlands you had choices, i think most European countries and the US you got choice. Poorer countries not so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

ah  but what evidence is  acceptable to  them,I  have  a  piece  of  paper  all  in Thai saying ive had 0ne pfizer  so  far,maybe ill  get a  second piece  next time but  will it  be acceptable

?

I have the official Thailand vaccine certificate. it is in both Thai and English.

MoPH.jpg

Note that all entries to the US under the proposed regs will still required a negative  PCR test within 3 days of entry including fully vaccinated US citizens. Un-vaccinated US citizens will have stricter controls.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1