Anxiety levels lately

georgegeorgia

With this Covid and lockdowns in Asia have you noticed yourself or others displaying Anxiety type symptoms?

I was in Aldi supermarket yesterday and it reminded me of when i was in Pattaya a few years ago when I saw a midde aged farang walking thru the Soi's shooing away flies and shouting to motorbikes going past.

And then sitting outside the coffee shop in Tukcom Pattaya watching a farang shouting at cars not stopping for him at the crossing

I have noticed people especially here in Australia with high anxiety and reading another forum where even Thai people displaying "anxiety" type behaviour ,EG using their T shirt to cover their mouth & nose then running past unmasked farang .

Im vaccinated double and whilst i still wear a mask i dont go "berserk" or let things such as unmasked people trigger my anxiety

Currently we are in lockdown in Sydney Australia ,unfortanetely whislt i respect peoples anxiety i have experienced a lot of idiots including grown men with anxiety,eg  a guy yesterday in the supermarket shouting at others to stay back whilst wearing one of the glass face shields .

Another a few weeks ago a elderly lady falling down in the street and people leaving her there , crazy stuff 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's strange times, expect strange behaviour.

Tell me about it,i work as a wardsmen in a major hospital,moving a guy going for radiotheraphy in a whhellchair,yesterday his family followed telling me they wouldnt travel in the same lift as me and their family member in case i had covid ,i have been vaccinated and wearing a mask,so i said ok fine do what you want to and wait upstairs for the busy lift ,they will be waiting a while though????

On another note those of you in Asian countries such as Vietnam ,Cambodia etc are you noticing a difference in peoples anxiety eg being aggressive if you get close etc

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Tell me about it,i work as a wardsmen in a major hospital,moving a guy going for radiotheraphy in a whhellchair,yesterday his family followed telling me they wouldnt travel in the same lift as me and their family member in case i had covid ,i have been vaccinated and wearing a mask,so i said ok fine 

Indeed, it's best to agree with intolerant people as they are immune to reason. People sometimes say things in hope of having a confrontation. Agreeing with them ( even if one is telling porkies ) removes their excuse for getting agro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tubby johnson said:

So why didn't you help her?

I did , at first i thought she was going to abuse me but then i realised she wasnt so grabbed her arm to help her up ,now until i got involved no one helped her (she was unmasked but well dressed elderly lady} until a younger lady came running over to tell her to be careful of........yes Covid...from me !????

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Anxiety type symptoms?

I saw a midde aged farang walking thru the Soi's shooing away flies and shouting to motorbikes going past.

a farang shouting at cars not stopping for him at the crossing

using their T shirt to cover their mouth & nose then running past unmasked farang . 

a guy yesterday in the supermarket shouting at others to stay back whilst wearing one of the glass face shields .

a elderly lady falling down in the street and people leaving her there

I don't think any of these sound like symptoms of anxiety.  You should look up "anxiety".

They sound a lot more like maybe culture shock with the first two, then fear/paranoia or some type of phobia with the rest.

44 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

idiots including grown men with anxiety

Why would someone experiencing "anxiety" make them an idiot?  And why do you single out grown men, like there's something extra wrong with them having anxiety?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I find it a bit strange a guy say with tattoos wearing say tradies clothes shouting at people in a supermarket to not line up with him and wearing glass mask when he has most probaly been on a construction site using dirty toilets to sit on

So portable toilets are all dirty? This reeks of elitism and ignorance.   Smelly, hot, but rarely dirty on the places your butt touches.  Most have hand sanitizer inside and or outside these days.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I find it a bit strange a guy say with tattoos wearing say tradies clothes shouting at people in a supermarket to not line up with him and wearing glass mask when he has most probaly been on a construction site using dirty toilets to sit on

Oh my word!  You can get COVID from a toilet seat? Now you tell me!

Can you get it from mis-spelling as well?
It's worse than I thought...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

My father taught me that the world owes you absolutely nothing, that I can choose to listen to others or let their words go in one ear and out t'other, that it is always better to speak honestly (even if that upsets the other person), and that Charles Darwin was absolutely correct about survival of the 'fittest' >> if you can't cope, then you die.  Hard but true.... and a species grows stronger when the frail ones die off.

Your father was a very wise man, but seems that the world I live in has been taken over by those that seek to make the world a safe place for the least fit to survive.

I even heard that schools no longer have "winners and losers", which seems a strange way to prepare young minds for the real world that exists outside the school "bubble of unreality".

However, if another world war does happen to occur, a lot of reality might be suddenly thrust upon those least able to handle it.

Far as I know, they haven't yet turned all the swords into ploughshares.

• Like 1

Human beings are basically pack animals, and we tend to go nuts without sufficient social interaction. That's why solitary confinement in prison is considered the most cruel level of punishment. Prolonged solitary confinement eventually drives most prisoners insane.  

Add to that fear of infection, loss of livelihood and general uncertainty about the future - the covid has triggered a global mental health crisis on top of all the economic hardships.  Suicide rates in Thailand and many other places have skyrocketed ????

We got no choice but to cut each some slack and accept some whackyness until things improve.

Edited by Wuvu2
  • Like 1

Right enough, I'm coping fine, but when my wife had to go away for a month to take care of a sick family member, I was not doing well.  The first week or so was fine, then I started getting a bit paranoid and getting angry faster. 

I think of myself as pretty self-sufficient, seems that I'm more of a social animal than I thought.  Permanently alone, I could see me turning into one of those shouty people.

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Is that behaviour anxiety? 

I'd say it was normal behaviour when moron drivers don't stop for pedestrians. 

I wonder if the pedestrian put his foot on the crossing to let the drivers know that he wanted to cross.

In all honesty, I don't think they would have stopped for him anyway, not in Thailand.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I wonder if the pedestrian put his foot on the crossing to let the drivers know that he wanted to cross.

In all honesty, I don't think they would have stopped for him anyway, not in Thailand.

This was the crossing outside Tukcom in south pattaya ,they dont seem to stop ,even farang driving who should know better

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

This was the crossing outside Tukcom in south pattaya ,they dont seem to stop ,even farang driving who should know better

There was a vdo some years ago showing a cop car being driven through the red pedestrian crossing light in Pattaya. Some time later they just turned the lights off permanently.

53 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The reason they don't stop is because it is very dangerous  for both the driver and the pedestrians

I post this disturbing video again to remind everyone of the dangers of Thai "Zebra crossings"

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Right enough, I'm coping fine, but when my wife had to go away for a month to take care of a sick family member, I was not doing well.  The first week or so was fine, then I started getting a bit paranoid and getting angry faster. 

I think of myself as pretty self-sufficient, seems that I'm more of a social animal than I thought.  Permanently alone, I could see me turning into one of those shouty people.

turn on your vpn and look at xvideos<dot> com

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, johng said:

The reason they don't stop is because it is very dangerous  for both the driver and the pedestrians

I post this disturbing video again to remind everyone of the dangers of Thai "Zebra crossings"

OMG....   The reason I dont stop at them is through fear of being rear ended by the car behind

• Like 1