you do realise if your old you wont be a long time right?

georgegeorgia

Further thoughts on this topic.

gerogegeorgia, i've noticed a few of your posts, while its not easy to get into Thailand right now, I would suggest you do it asap if you have decided you would like to give it a shot. Dont burn your bridges tho, it could get really nasty here if the people turn on the elites.

For now, it still seems unlikely. 

But geopolitics aside, you write from a mindset that, death aside, you'll be fit until the day you go for a nap and never wake up, that's a wonderful way to go, but as a hospital worker, I'm sure you'll know it's not common, sadly. 

Most of us will get, or already have, chronic and worsening conditions that we have no one to blame for, but ourselves, I'm borderline obese, on the BMI scale as are most here my age, if they were honest!

So far, i'm not unwell, but I don't kid myself, I'm a medical flatline waiting to happen.

The years between now and our deaths could well be marred by debilitating disease, or strokes, and at best just general malaise, the old pecker playing up, and prostate cancer, a fate that awaits every male who lives long enough.

So since it's all a slippery slope, even for the gym junkies, who won't extend their lives, but may have less of a dire decline to death, I say live for today like there's no tomorrow, because one day soon that no tomorrow will dawn for you -and me.

• Like 1

"I said this to a work colleague last night whilst working, he is another oldie who wont retire at 77yo,still fit is a hospital cleaner ,hasnt taken a sick day since 1992 and proudly boasts about his 2 million in retirement funds"

2 million "what" ?? ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the secret is having a goal to work towards. I was fine till my marriage failed. Now I have nothing much to look forward to.

I keep myself occupied so I don't have time to sit and be melancholy. Posting on TVF is a good way to make the time pass quickly, IMO.

you live in thailand i know,im not sure where ,i think you said pattaya? why not go to the gym?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

you live in thailand i know,im not sure where ,i think you said pattaya? why not go to the gym?

Sorry, but I don't. I say sorry because I wish I still did. When my marriage failed I couldn't afford to live there any more.

I don't need to go to the gym. I work on a farm a lot- excellent exercise in the fresh air. I might live for years yet, but I hope not long enough to end up in a "rest home".

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1