Phuket Police raid bars in Patong

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It also comes more than a week after Weerawit Kreuasombat, President of the Patong Entertainment Business Association (PEBA), publicly admitted that some bars were breaking the provincial order ‒ but with tacit permission from the Patong Police and Patong Municipality.

What does Mr Prayut have to say about this heinous crime?

You have to wonder if this alcohol ban in bars and restaurants is more than a covid excuse.

Im starting to think it is more revenge from PM asking big drinks companies for handouts to make him look good and them not giving him any money and then them going and feeding the poor etc themselves. 
Bit of bitter revenge if you ask me !

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Why oh why did they feel the need to announce they were breaking the rules. That forced police to take action.

Maybe because the cases are 200+ a day and the 9 covid investigation teams are hitting Phuket very soon, if they are not already there.  However, the sandbox is not doing well in the eyes of doctors or the public and hence the delay in using the same model at this point as of October 1st for the rest of Thailand.  Seems that they want to get it right before the rest of the country ends up with the same issues as being seen through regular glasses and not rose colored ones.

48 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The funny thing is at the end of Bangla road on the beach front is a police box tell me they didn't see anything suspicious for the last month?

They probably suspected a pandemic of 10pm bendy leg syndrome

• Haha 1

This da.ned covid 19 has really ripped the guts out of Phuket.

Made worse by a government that can't seem to get a mass vaccination program rolled out.

I ride/drive to Patong almost every day early morning for gym and the place is pretty much a ghost town (same when I leave to ride north at 10'ish). Its so sad to see, regularly, the lines of people waiting for food handouts on second road. Breaks my heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe because the cases are 200+ a day and the 9 covid investigation teams are hitting Phuket very soon, if they are not already there.  However, the sandbox is not doing well in the eyes of doctors or the public and hence the delay in using the same model at this point as of October 1st for the rest of Thailand.  Seems that they want to get it right before the rest of the country ends up with the same issues as being seen through regular glasses and not rose colored ones.

So the PEBA felt the need to announce they were violating the rules because of an investigation team hitting Phuket.

Sorry, this makes no sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So the PEBA felt the need to announce they were violating the rules because of an investigation team hitting Phuket.

Sorry, this makes no sense.

Self surrender so the hit was not as bad maybe.  Sort of like "hey dad I borrowed the car last night, nicked the fender by accident but already called the body shop" just a thought.

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Self surrender so the hit was not as bad maybe.  Sort of like "hey dad I borrowed the car last night, nicked the fender by accident but already called the body shop" just a thought.

Nice attempt, no cigar.

More like announcing to the police: I burgled a house yesterday, and tonight I'm going to do it again. He should have kept his mouth shut.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Nice attempt, no cigar.

More like announcing to the police: I burgled a house yesterday, and tonight I'm going to do it again. He should have kept his mouth shut.

As usual on opposites in our views. Agreeing to disagree as usual.  Enjoy the day.

• Like 1