Popular Hua Hin restaurant shut after 12 fully vaccinated staff test positive for Covid-19

webfact

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Don't get me wrong, obviously deep cleaning infected areas is necessary but maybe this could be done overnight? Curfew permitting!

I do not think it is a one and done for the deep cleaning, I think it is done a few times to ensure it has all been taken care of.  That's how it was done for a restaurant just down from the house last April.  Closed for three days.  Cleaned the inside at least three times, steam cleaned and sanitized the outside entrance and the parking lot, not sure why the parking lot but then hey someone could have spat on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

I'm finding it hard to see the point of these vaccines, or forcing people to have them, if things like this happen.

Yes, I know the usual brigade will jump on me to say things like 'they keep people out of hospital' 'it's for the good of others etc' but in places like sports stadia, nightclubs, large companies etc where everyone must show they're vaccinated it doesn't seem to make much difference. In fact, it could be worse!

Ask any motorcyclist how he/she rides without a helmet (slower) or with full leathers (faster). The same analogy could be used with a condom and casual sex.

What I'm trying to say is that if we have this false sense of security of vaccines could spread covid more than common sense and personal choice.

So you are saying nothing?There is no false sense of security with Covid vaccines,it is known that it does what you already stated.Keeping people out of hospital and alive is all that can be done for now.

Early vaccines are not very effective,we already know that also.

Instead of regurgitating the same old stupid response "what is your solution?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Don't get me wrong, obviously deep cleaning infected areas is necessary but maybe this could be done overnight? Curfew permitting!

That is all that i mean with closing a facility, not as punishment but for sanitation. Not sure how long it will last. Plus you can't let infected workers keep working. (not sure if they still take people into quarantine). I did not mean permanent closing just closing for disinfecting stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why is Thailand seeing so many Vaccine " break troughs "

This time its Sinopharm.

Are other Countries experiencing similar issues over Vaccine ?

Israel is having break throughs too on Pfizer, but that is because like all vaccines booster shots are needed. Shinopharm does not even work that well if its recent. But it still helps against hospitalization. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wasabi said:

The vaccine DOES NOT prevent Covid in 100% of people who are jabbed. What it does is greatly reduce the likelihood you will get deathly ill. People freaking out when vaccinated people catch mild Covid and locking down again and again negates the whole point of getting the vaccine. They will never open again if they want Zero. Covid.

Well Duh. But while they still have 80% of the country not fully vaccinated and still vulnerable to serious illness that is what will keep on happening. No one is talking about zero covid

• Like 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Customers who went to the restaurant after 15th September were advised to check and monitor their health for symptoms. 

Shouldn't those customers be getting Covid tests, not just checking/monitoring symptoms?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deli said:

Very much right. The only reason to get vaxxed is that it is the out of jail paper that allows you to travel. Paranoia and dictatorship are ruling.

Then there is almost all the unvaxxed after they end up in icu begging for treatments created by the same scientists who created the vaccines. 

Many are the same type who argue endlessly against the facts, the numbers, the thousands of doctors and scientists who have studied viruses for decades and have created untold health/life saving drugs and treatments. 

You are on the losing side of the covid conversation and you can choose to be part of the solution or part of the problem.  Being concerned with 4.5 million dead from covid and taking every available step to avoid serious repercussions is not paranoia, it is common sense which seems to be in very short supply these days.

• Like 2

I defer to the Science and the doctors, but Gordon Bennett! At some point thes panic closures and dramatic horror headlines every time someone sneezes need to stop.

It's not the bloody bubonic plague! 

And if this sort of thing continues across the globe, we're going to be economically devastated, and severely socially dysfunctional. Children in particular, may not emerge from this without issues down the track, kids are resilient, but they do have limits like the rest of us.

I think all of us have already gone a tad crazy as this drags on, and on, and on....

6 hours ago, mrfill said:

If anti-vaxxers were refused urgent hospital treatment because the wards were filled with unvaxed patients gasping for breath, would they complain?

I think we know the answer to that one....

I think the vaccine should not be mandatory, however, your passport should be stamped as an objector. If you then later present at a facility with Covid, you get put in a room, fed and watered and bedpanned, BUT you get left to you own resources to get thru it. I mean that was your choice, why take up the ICU bed of someone who wants to live?

Since 90% give or take of shot refusers die anyway. Why waste limited resources on them.

Edited by chalawaan

Whilst all vaccine manufacturers state that their vaccines reduce transmission - they don't prevent it 100%.  Nevertheless, 12 fully vaccinated members of the restaurant's staff testing positive seems to point to the Sinopharm vaccine very poor at reducing transmission.  Could the same be said of its efficacy in preventing severe illness or death?  Is it a complete waste of time?

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Whilst all vaccine manufacturers state that their vaccines reduce transmission - they don't prevent it 100%.  Nevertheless, 12 fully vaccinated members of the restaurant's staff testing positive seems to point to the Sinopharm vaccine very poor at reducing transmission.  Could the same be said of its efficacy in preventing severe illness or death?  Is it a complete waste of time?

No is the simple answer. No current vaccines prevent transmission although as has been stated many times, there is less transmission and most importantly, less serious repurcussions if you are unfortunate enough to catch Covid.

Sinopharm and Sinovac have lower efficacy than say Pfizer but they have enough and are certainly better than nothing. The almost complete reliance of the Thai government in Siam Biontech and the AZ vaccine has shown to be a major misstep and if it wasn't for Sinopharm/Sinovac the situation here could have been so much worse. So not ideal but as I've said, better than nothing.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:53 AM, 2long said:

I'm finding it hard to see the point of these vaccines, or forcing people to have them, if things like this happen.

Yes, I know the usual brigade will jump on me to say things like 'they keep people out of hospital' 'it's for the good of others etc' but in places like sports stadia, nightclubs, large companies etc where everyone must show they're vaccinated it doesn't seem to make much difference. In fact, it could be worse!

Ask any motorcyclist how he/she rides without a helmet (slower) or with full leathers (faster). The same analogy could be used with a condom and casual sex.

What I'm trying to say is that if we have this false sense of security of vaccines could spread covid more than common sense and personal choice.

Breakthrough infections of vaccinated people are being reported worldwide. Due to design or just incompetence, the vaccines have been oversold by; governments and media worlwide by their collective and overerstated worldwide claims. There appears to be more than mere anecdotal evidence that; worldwide, vaccines are little more than a prophylactic.

Yet, mention of cheaper alternatives is 'verbotten'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, alacrity said:

Breakthrough infections of vaccinated people are being reported worldwide. Due to design or just incompetence, the vaccines have been oversold by; governments and media worlwide by their collective and overerstated worldwide claims. There appears to be more than mere anecdotal evidence that; worldwide, vaccines are little more than a prophylactic.

Yet, mention of cheaper alternatives is 'verbotten'.

there "appears to be" a lot of people that want to play pretend doctors or scientists rather than listen to the real docs and scientists who went to school for years, studied viruses and diseases, studied all the various data, treated and dealt with real patients and concluded that the vaccines are safe and effective at preventing the vast majority of ending up in hospitals or icu or dead.....there "appears to be" a lot of  scammers pushing their absurd untested treatments on the gullible to fatten their wallets....there "appears to be" a lot of anti vaxxers who end up in hospitals begging for treatments from the very doctors they mock and finally on a deathbed realize that they "appear to have been scammed to death"

Considering the 12 staff members are very likely the majority of the staff and management of this 

restaurant, closing it down is the logical thing to do. It also show of just how contagious the delta variant of

COVID is.  I guess masks and social distancing works, but working in close quarters like a restaurant makes

it impossible to do the distancing, and likely why all 12 staff members became infected.

Geezer

On 9/24/2021 at 9:32 PM, pomchop said:

there "appears to be" a lot of people that want to play pretend doctors or scientists rather than listen to the real docs and scientists who went to school for years, studied viruses and diseases, studied all the various data, treated and dealt with real patients and concluded that the vaccines are safe and effective at preventing the vast majority of ending up in hospitals or icu or dead.....there "appears to be" a lot of  scammers pushing their absurd untested treatments on the gullible to fatten their wallets....there "appears to be" a lot of anti vaxxers who end up in hospitals begging for treatments from the very doctors they mock and finally on a deathbed realize that they "appear to have been scammed to death"

Beakthrough infections have been widely reported by media and scientific sources. Comparing that reality against the vaccine promises widespreadly pushed at the commencement of vaccination drives shows the earlier efficacy claims to be errant.

Indeed, a recent Israeli study showed that breakthrough infections occured in both, those that had been vaccinated and those with natural immunity (having recovered from a prior infection). It also showed that the case loads were significantly less for those with natural immunity, when compared to cases of the vaccinated.

The study related to the rapid spread of the Delta variant during 2021.

I'm fully vaccinated and have been for quite some time, as I didn't hang around waiting for a freebie. Meaning I take the real threat of the virus seriously. However, I would categorically refuse any Chinese vaccine.

If some-one chooses to not be vaccinated, it's their choice. Don't understand why some get so irritated about this if they actually believe what they preach.

3 hours ago, alacrity said:

Beakthrough infections have been widely reported by media and scientific sources. Comparing that reality against the vaccine promises widespreadly pushed at the commencement of vaccination drives shows the earlier efficacy claims to be errant.

Indeed, a recent Israeli study showed that breakthrough infections occured in both, those that had been vaccinated and those with natural immunity (having recovered from a prior infection). It also showed that the case loads were significantly less for those with natural immunity, when compared to cases of the vaccinated.

The study related to the rapid spread of the Delta variant during 2021.

I'm fully vaccinated and have been for quite some time, as I didn't hang around waiting for a freebie. Meaning I take the real threat of the virus seriously. However, I would categorically refuse any Chinese vaccine.

If some-one chooses to not be vaccinated, it's their choice. Don't understand why some get so irritated about this if they actually believe what they preach.

Go ahead suggest people don't get shots, clog up hospitals where stressed staff then has to try and save the unvaxxed, cost taxpayers millions, screw up the economy for millions, help insurance companies jack rates for everyone...that is why some get irritated....it's your choice but your bad choice impacts many others.

USA Nationwide -- between June and August 2021 -- 98.6% of people hospitalized with COVID-19 were unvaccinated, resulting in $5.7 billion in preventable hospital costs, according to one KFF study.

• Like 1