Popular Hua Hin restaurant shut after 12 fully vaccinated staff test positive for Covid-19

webfact

1 hour ago, 2long said:

I'm finding it hard to see the point of these vaccines, or forcing people to have them, if things like this happen.

Yes, I know the usual brigade will jump on me to say things like 'they keep people out of hospital' 'it's for the good of others etc' but in places like sports stadia, nightclubs, large companies etc where everyone must show they're vaccinated it doesn't seem to make much difference. In fact, it could be worse!

Ask any motorcyclist how he/she rides without a helmet (slower) or with full leathers (faster). The same analogy could be used with a condom and casual sex.

What I'm trying to say is that if we have this false sense of security of vaccines could spread covid more than common sense and personal choice.

You are quite correct in much of what you say but you are missing the bigger picture.

At this stage, with so many people unvaccinated through no fault of their own, people in the service/hospitality business have a duty of care to not spread the virus any more than they can, hence when someone tests positive they can't be around others. Unfortunately Thailand is way off the magic 70-80% herd immunity figure so I see this still happening for the foreseeable however, at a stage in the near future when the majority have been vaccinated and the only ones left are those that refuse to take the vaccine, I see this dynamic changing.

If individuals want to take the risk of not being vaccinated, then that's their look out and the world will start up around them and it will be their individual responsibility if they become infected. I also see they will get little sympathy from the masses (you are beginning to see this in many western countries already) who are sick (excuse the pun) of waiting around for these misguided folks to get educated.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Oh what a shame. And what a total -bad- surprise...

Mai pen rai... A third dose will do the trick.

Or not.

Then, a fourth etc. ????

More seriously... It's not the fact that fully vaccinated (ah ah ah ah) people catch the viruse... In the Covid world, it's perfectly normal, as they say...

What is striking is... the closing of the restaurant.

It shows exactly what will happen in Asia and around the world.

The madness of Zero Covid Case ideology.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

Or not.

Then, a fourth etc. ????

More seriously... It's not the fact that fully vaccinated (ah ah ah ah) people catch the viruse... In the Covid world, it's perfectly normal, as they say...

Exactly. Let's hope a panic induced closure is not going to happen every time staff members test positive - unless there's no one else to run the business. I can see schools facing the same problem when they finally reopen. One kid tests positive and they close the whole school! ????????

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 2long said:

I'm finding it hard to see the point of these vaccines, or forcing people to have them, if things like this happen.

Yes, I know the usual brigade will jump on me to say things like 'they keep people out of hospital' 'it's for the good of others etc' but in places like sports stadia, nightclubs, large companies etc where everyone must show they're vaccinated it doesn't seem to make much difference. In fact, it could be worse!

Ask any motorcyclist how he/she rides without a helmet (slower) or with full leathers (faster). The same analogy could be used with a condom and casual sex.

What I'm trying to say is that if we have this false sense of security of vaccines could spread covid more than common sense and personal choice.

Let me guess your an person that does not want to vaccinate.

Vaccines work, for keeping people out of hospitals that has been proven, can't be denied. Shinovax is not that great of a vaccine it does not stop people from getting covid. 

I ride a motorbike, i would not even ride without a helmet. So why would i not be vaxed. It stupid and yes if I had to ride without a helmet I would go slower but its still more dangerous as with one on my head. So there goes your analogy. 

Just be honest you don't want to be vaxed and that is why you say it should be personal choice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

Or not.

Then, a fourth etc. ????

Eh, sorry but your misinformed as most of your kind.

The government has told us to live with it, that is certainly not a zero covid case ideology. They are poised to open even though we got plenty of cases. So your basically lying. On par for the deniers.

Even if you don't have a zero case ideology its smart to close places of infections disinfect everything and then open back up. I mean 12 of its employees is a LOT. So a bit of cleaning would not be a bad idea. 

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Exactly. Let's hope a panic induced closure is not going to happen every time staff members test positive - unless there's no one else to run the business. I can see schools facing the same problem when they finally reopen. One kid tests positive and they close the whole school! ????????

Eh.. 12 members, not sure how big the staff is but i think its the majority. So in that case disinfecting would be a good idea. 

For other cases I agree no need to close a whole school if one kid test positive. But if its a lot of kids...maybe depends a bit. Its been said that Covid can stay on surfaces for days. So if its a huge infection then yea do close something down and sanitize.

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

Let me guess your an person that does not want to vaccinate.

Vaccines work, for keeping people out of hospitals that has been proven, can't be denied. Shinovax is not that great of a vaccine it does not stop people from getting covid. 

I ride a motorbike, i would not even ride without a helmet. So why would i not be vaxed. It stupid and yes if I had to ride without a helmet I would go slower but its still more dangerous as with one on my head. So there goes your analogy. 

Just be honest you don't want to be vaxed and that is why you say it should be personal choice.

I'm already vaxxed thanks Rob... so you're missing my point.

My analogy was just an example of how some people behave when in a false sense of security compared to people who feel vulnerable. But with my hermit-like lifestyle I can only really go on old memories of how I behaved on bikes and in bed. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Eh.. 12 members, not sure how big the staff is but i think its the majority. So in that case disinfecting would be a good idea. 

For other cases I agree no need to close a whole school if one kid test positive. But if its a lot of kids...maybe depends a bit. Its been said that Covid can stay on surfaces for days. So if its a huge infection then yea do close something down and sanitize.

Don't get me wrong, obviously deep cleaning infected areas is necessary but maybe this could be done overnight? Curfew permitting!