5 year driving licence renewal

superal

6 hours ago, finnsk said:

It seems that we must do this 1 hour elearning thing, before when we are going to renew our thai driving licenses.

I do the elearning at the computer with fiber connection to the internet, it worked without problems, it takes around 1 hour and there is an easy 3 question test, after you pass the test, you must print out a proof that you pass the test and bring with to the DLT office.

Compared to my DLT office, it looks that your DLT office is very helpfull.

My DLT office will only handle driver license issues if you have a thai ID and can make appointment on their appointment app.

What is the big deal, I went and everyone sleeps through the movie, not like they test you after the movie. The whole thing was a dog and pony show with the plywood box, lights and button. I would like to know how early you can renew a five year. Im 2 1/2 years into mine and returning to Brazil and its a pain in the *** with a month of driving school and understanding Portuguese .

I renewed my Thai driving licence at Nonthaburi last year. It was easy and quick, and I got 6 years rather than 5. This was, however, before covid began to seriously affect the running of government offices.

Edited by Thingamabob

You never should have left if everyone was also having that problem. Based on what you presented in your post normally you would have to start from square one maybe due to the pandemic and them being closed for a number months but what you mentioned was actually the procedure you need even without the pandemic to renew your 5,  Two years ago, to renew I had to get a residential certificate, do eye test and reaction and watch the 1 hour movie. 

@6 years when I applied for DL I was first told to go watch the movie. The intro was a guy laying on

a table staring up at a tree with drivers license dangling on it like fruit... I was thinking it’s a version 

of the money tree.. I’m in the Northeast... 

Did my licence very easy but I watch media the video on a lap top at home it then asks you about 3 questions very easy if you pass it gives you a q code to scan or a certificate ith a number I just took a picture with my phone went back to licence place then colour blindness depth rest and reaction test all easy sane the first time you did it. Pay the money have pic taken and wait 20 mins 

12 hours ago, superal said:

so I watched the video , answered the questions and they tell me I have passed . I take it that the queue number is the number under the passport number cos that is the only number on the cert . I have deleted my pp number with xxxxxxx

Training passed

Passport no.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Has successfully the renew training

Private driving licence

On 23/09/2564

This certificate will expire in 6 months

from the training passed.

You may screenshot the certificate and save the queue number via DLT Smart Queue Application.

That wasnt the same as mine I got a Q scan I used line app to scan and open it and it gave me more or less what's writen  but in a certificate with a code number

14 hours ago, superal said:

did u have to watch video and get doctors cert etc ?

I had to watch the video but at home and yes a doctors note saying I'm not crazy everything was the same as my 2 year licence no writen test just 3 easy questions from the video. My wife watched and answered for me as in thai 

15 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

That wasnt the same as mine I got a Q scan I used line app to scan and open it and it gave me more or less what's writen  but in a certificate with a code number

10 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I had to watch the video but at home and yes a doctors note saying I'm not crazy everything was the same as my 2 year licence no writen test just 3 easy questions from the video. My wife watched and answered for me as in thai 

The video has English subtitles. 
As you say you need a medical certificate. ALL driving licence applications snd renewals need this now. 
This is a relatively new requirement. 
You also need a Proof of Residence Certificate from Immigration/Embassy unless you have e.g. a Yellow book etc. 
At the DLT office I understand you have to do colour blindness, depth perception and reaction test. 
I have done these tests for my original license and each subsequent renewal. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, skorts said:

The video has English subtitles. 
As you say you need a medical certificate. ALL driving licence applications snd renewals need this now. 
This is a relatively new requirement. 
You also need a Proof of Residence Certificate from Immigration/Embassy unless you have e.g. a Yellow book etc. 
At the DLT office I understand you have to do colour blindness, depth perception and reaction test. 
I have done these tests for my original license and each subsequent renewal. 

Yes all the same as the 2 year licence. Didnt see subtitles on video but I didnt watch it wife did she just read out the questions after all very easy more common sense then anything. But it us only because of covid your allowed to watch at home the last time pre covid I had to sit in a room with 20 others

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You never should have left if everyone was also having that problem. Based on what you presented in your post normally you would have to start from square one maybe due to the pandemic and them being closed for a number months but what you mentioned was actually the procedure you need even without the pandemic to renew your 5,  Two years ago, to renew I had to get a residential certificate, do eye test and reaction and watch the 1 hour movie. 

Resident certificate very easy to get they are free from immigration but like anything in Thailand theres a 100 baht admin fee. Just needed rental agreement even a hotel receipt will do 

5 hours ago, malthebluff said:

Resident certificate very easy to get they are free from immigration but like anything in Thailand theres a 100 baht admin fee. Just needed rental agreement even a hotel receipt will do 

Here in Pattaya it has been a while for sure it isn't free or 100 baht,  I think it is more in the range of 600 baht?  Then you got to have your TM-30 in place when I did need one I think the TM-30 was a favor of the month or year so there was a long line just to take care of that prior to submission for the resident.

23 hours ago, superal said:

did u have to watch video and get doctors cert etc ?

The same thing happened to me, I went to renew my driving licence at the same DLT place where I renewed it five years previously, they said I was not in the system and would have to start again, I told them to stuff it, so that means I was driving without insurance cover for five years. Their incompetence was not my fault, I wonder what would have happened if I was involved in an accident.

22 hours ago, transam said:

No appointments at our place, it's like the entrance to a football match, they talk about spreading Covid, what a joke..????

Oh, the eye tests here are high tech now, colour blind folk will have a big problem, and no bits of string for the alinement thingy, which I failed.....????

That alinement thingy sucks, I don't need glasses to drive but with that scooopid thing i need to put on my reading glasses and i still failed 3 times they passed me out of frustration i think. I have been driving for 54 yrs including HGV without causing an accident. I still don't understand what that 'thingy' is supposed to achieve, 'coz if something is coming the other way i don't overtake, but i'm not a Thai. ????

18 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Renewed mine in May (Banglamung). Not asked to view a video at driving school (Covid) as in Thai .Just did the color depth perception and reaction tests. DLT claimed to be shut (Covid) but driving school next to DLT did my queuing for me so 5th in line. Mob outside but not inside

I have had a 2 year and 5 year licence and never had to watch a video but I think that this is the new way to apply for a new or renewal licence using the DLT eLEARNING app to your phone ( hope you have a good signal for an hour or more ) or pc etc . 

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

That alinement thingy sucks, I don't need glasses to drive but with that scooopid thing i need to put on my reading glasses and i still failed 3 times they passed me out of frustration i think. I have been driving for 54 yrs including HGV without causing an accident. I still don't understand what that 'thingy' is supposed to achieve, 'coz if something is coming the other way i don't overtake, but i'm not a Thai. ????

Me too, I passed my HGV 51 years back, and I have to watch a video on how to drive...????

1 minute ago, superal said:

I have had a 2 year and 5 year licence and never had to watch a video but I think that this is the new way to apply for a new or renewal licence using the DLT eLEARNING app to your phone ( hope you have a good signal for an hour or more ) or pc etc . 

You will next time....????

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Here in Pattaya it has been a while for sure it isn't free or 100 baht,  I think it is more in the range of 600 baht?  Then you got to have your TM-30 in place when I did need one I think the TM-30 was a favor of the month or year so there was a long line just to take care of that prior to submission for the resident.

Tourist places always more expensive but if you look they are free but charge you a fee just because you walked in the door I'm in surat and it's always 100 baht for anything you want from immigration but read 200 baht 300 baht fee at other immigration offices

2 hours ago, cauldlad said:

I can access the DLT Smart queue using the Covid 13 digit reference number but it keeps querying the date I input and will not let me go any further.

Anyone know how to get around this issue?

thanks

If you're talking about inputting your DOB it needs to be strictly ddmmyyyy with no slash/ or dots. separating the numbers, otherwise the system will not accept it. 

On 9/23/2021 at 6:32 PM, Thingamabob said:

I renewed my Thai driving licence at Nonthaburi last year. It was easy and quick, and I got 6 years rather than 5. This was, however, before covid began to seriously affect the running of government offices.

You get 6 years if you renew it just after your birthday. BD also serves as your expiration day. So letting it expire, and renew a day after give you a year extra for free.

• Thanks 1