Fifteen people arrested in Pattaya restaurant after police raid, were allegedly drinking alcohol and violating Covid-19 rules

webfact

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

the xenophobia alcohol laws........ and alcohol doesn't give you any infection. Only if you drink out of the glass... So why the ban?

If you cannot figure out the reasoning behind the alcohol restrictions, after them having been explained ad nauseam here I really don't know what we can do for you. Let us do it again... there is not an alcohol ban, it is openly on sale in convenience shops and supermarkets on a limited hours basis. It is also available from alcohol distributors for bulk buyers during their regular opening times, pretty much all day, 7 days a week. So no problem having supplies at home. You also claim there is some xenophobia involved... as far as I know, the restrictions apply to all. 

The aim is to prevent/ban gatherings of many people consuming alcohol, ie bars as we used to know them.... already proven to be great spreaders of Covid. 

• Like 2

Just now, jazzdog32095 said:

a stupid goverment still looking for brown envelops for vaccines

Really the deal is having the fewest deaths but this stupid Government has totally out performed all the Western World

DEATHS PER 100,000

THAILAND                           22 

USA                                     204

UK                                        199

FRANCE                               178

GERMANY                            111   

ITALY                                    215

SPAIN                                    184

NETHERLANDS                    106

BELGIUM                               224

GREECE                                 144

DENMARK                               45

Pattaya, oh my my. Just how many times can you shoot yourself in the foot?

Tourists wanting to come? That is so yesterday.

Don Mclean at age 75, apparently has a trophy girl 27 years of age. He didn't need to come here and she must be holding her breath waiting for the day. Wonder if there was pre-nup signed. 555.

6 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Really the deal is having the fewest deaths but this stupid Government has totally out performed all the Western World

DEATHS PER 100,000

THAILAND                           22 

USA                                     204

UK                                        199

FRANCE                               178

GERMANY                            111   

ITALY                                    215

SPAIN                                    184

NETHERLANDS                    106

BELGIUM                               224

GREECE                                 144

DENMARK                               45

These statistics can be misleading. Are they for the week, the month or the year.  Thailand was doing very well before the delta variant. so if one is to combine the pre-delta and post-delta statistics a rosy picture would amerge, but look at where we are now and at what cost and a different picture would amerge. 

So.

image.png.91a65b0ae1d3897af62526ad214e6923.png

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

In the mean time, At what cost? 

Greece ,for example, as of August had over 6 million tourists and has over 60% of its population vaccinated with quality vaccines.  

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/greece-has-welcomed-over-6-million-tourists-so-far-this-year/

https://covidvax.live/location/grc

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If you cannot figure out the reasoning behind the alcohol restrictions, after them having been explained ad nauseam here I really don't know what we can do for you. Let us do it again... there is not an alcohol ban, it is openly on sale in convenience shops and supermarkets on a limited hours basis. It is also available from alcohol distributors for bulk buyers during their regular opening times, pretty much all day, 7 days a week. So no problem having supplies at home. You also claim there is some xenophobia involved... as far as I know, the restrictions apply to all. 

The aim is to prevent/ban gatherings of many people consuming alcohol, ie bars as we used to know them.... already proven to be great spreaders of Covid. 

I understand that gatherings in bars and restaurants in this time is not allowed because to prevent Covid infections. However It should be the bar/restaurants responsibilty to serve beer or wine with your meal. No food no drinks. The same for bars. Not more than 2 people at a table and not more tan 5 beers a person for example...But not only that.. If you watch a movie they blurr all the time if someone is drinking and more these stupid things as the time to buy alcohol.. That is what i mean with xenophobia.. That are also restrictions, but to fine and/or jail some one is a bit too far. education and talk shows are more needed  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I understand that gatherings in bars and restaurants in this time is not allowed because to prevent Covid infections. However It should be the bar/restaurants responsibilty to serve beer or wine with your meal. No food no drinks. The same for bars. Not more than 2 people at a table and not more tan 5 beers a person for example...But not only that.. If you watch a movie they blurr all the time if someone is drinking and more these stupid things as the time to buy alcohol.. That is what i mean with xenophobia.. That are also restrictions, but to fine and/or jail some one is a bit too far. education and talk shows are more needed  

If alcohol was allowed to be served,  all the bars would effectively be open. Putting policing onto the restaurant  or bar is just not practical here. 'Responsibility' does not apply. I think they have little choice. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Yes, the quality bars and restaurants along with those that are new. The 80% that are rat-holes frequented by those that resent every day for ending up in this god forsaken, dictatorship rat-hole will be forever gone. Why on Gods earth would someone stay in a place that they resent every day for ending up in a god forsaken, dictatorship rat-hole. That's pitiful.

Because sadly I am stuck in this boring dump. But as long as you're happy, lol.

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

the police themselves have a gut full of arresting people for things that only a short while ago it was the normal thing to do...

I disagree; the police will be salivating at this new revenue stream to supplant their usual farang bashing and/or business strangling activities.

19 hours ago, mrfill said:

If you follow the science quoted from The Lancet, then if 80% survive, 20% die.

Is that true ?

"the virus is going to be just like a common cold going forward." I think that in the not too distant future this could be the case". The question I have is this. Of all the people nationwide who have caught this Cvirus, people between the ages of 16 and 60, have no medical issues, non smokers, and are not obese, which is the biggest majority of them.

Of these people I have mentioned, how long has it taken them to recover, maybe 3 or 4 weeks? 

That's a little bit more than the ordinary flu which is always there. Think about it.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"the virus is going to be just like a common cold going forward." I think that in the not too distant future this could be the case". The question I have is this. Of all the people nationwide who have caught this Cvirus, people between the ages of 16 and 60, have no medical issues, non smokers, and are not obese, which is the biggest majority of them.

Of these people I have mentioned, how long has it taken them to recover, maybe 3 or 4 weeks? 

That's a little bit more than the ordinary flu which is always there. Think about it.

A buddy of mine in US age 63 had covid, about a month of feeling tired and sleeping alot. No hospital.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:
34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

A buddy of mine in US age 63 had covid, about a month of feeling tired and sleeping alot. No hospital.

A buddy of mine, age 47, fit and healthy, had Covid-19 and was messed up in hospital, it was touch and go as to whether he required to be placed on a ventilator - he was in hospital for a month. 

I also know someone who had Asthma which has since disappeared after he contracted covid-19, very strange. 

I also know 21 year old in the UK who was bed ridden for 2 weeks with Covid-19, she was a runner (cross country - and very fit and healthy).

I also know of a really fat and unhealthy guy who died from Covid-19 (he may not have lasted long anyway). 

The reality is anecdotal evidence means little... one person doesn’t get sick, another dies - thats the nature of Covid-19 - In aggregate a certain percentage of people get very messed up, most don’t.

The stats show it's serious for a lot of people, the percentages allow us to ’take a chance’ we won’t be in that 2% who get very sick (or whatever the %tage is).

On a societal level the best we can hope for is that with a vaccinated population the SARS-CoV-2 virus is only as serious as Influenza. 

32 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes I understand what you are saying, but I think this Cvirus will always be with us, just like the flu, though it is a bit worse than that, and shutdowns and closed borders have to open up sometime.

Absolutely agree...  Once vaccinated there are only two remaining options....

- Continue on as normal while maintaining some common sense levels of hygiene (masks on public transport etc)

- Completely lock ourselves away and live in fear and see the economies and lives destroyed 

But first, we need to get to a set level of vaccination and then we can move on with a degree of normalcy - I think this is where most governments are heading. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Take it easy on the Kool-Aid,  man

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

But first, we need to get to a set level of vaccination and then we can move on with a degree of normalcy - I think this is where most governments are heading. 

maybe that is how it will pan out for the ones that have had 2 pricks, (what other way is there) but will there be a degree of normality for the unvaccinated? Not going down the road of that argument, just saying will it be normal for the ones who have chosen not to get the pricks?

20 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

maybe that is how it will pan out for the ones that have had 2 pricks, (what other way is there) but will there be a degree of normality for the unvaccinated? Not going down the road of that argument, just saying will it be normal for the ones who have chosen not to get the pricks?

Probably not and why should it be ? All they had to do is get vaccinated. I do feel pity for those who can't be vaccinated either for medical reasons or availability of the vaccine. 

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

These statistics can be misleading. Are they for the week, the month or the year.  Thailand was doing very well before the delta variant. so if one is to combine the pre-delta and post-delta statistics a rosy picture would amerge, but look at where we are now and at what cost and a different picture would amerge. 

So.

image.png.91a65b0ae1d3897af62526ad214e6923.png

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

In the mean time, At what cost? 

Greece ,for example, as of August had over 6 million tourists and has over 60% of its population vaccinated with quality vaccines.  

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/greece-has-welcomed-over-6-million-tourists-so-far-this-year/

https://covidvax.live/location/grc

Stats are for the entire pandemic. There can be no debate that Thailand has excelled when it comes to limiting death, it is not even close. At what cost does society pay attracting tourism over protecting life. Personally I prefer living in a place void of tourist.

3 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Stats are for the entire pandemic. There can be no debate that Thailand has excelled when it comes to limiting death, it is not even close. At what cost does society pay attracting tourism over protecting life. Personally I prefer living in a place void of tourist.

COVID Live Update: 231,416,615 Cases and 4,743,060 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

36 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Haha, yea of course you do. Where do you live?

Currently Thailand because statistically it is a good place to ride out the pandemic and we have never experience any sadness living here what so ever. We equally enjoy life in our homes in Florida, Bahia Brazil and Costa Rica. How about you? Do you limit your sadness exclusively to living in Thailand or are there other places that bring you sadness ?

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, Johnny Mac said:

Well look at that. How very profound.

Johnny, If you are that gloomy, I can only guess you are bunkered down in Central Pattaya somewhere.

I agree, the shuttered up shops, filth and dog droppings are not tourist opportunities.

Try coming out to the Darkside...life goes on to the max.

Enjoy.