Fifteen people arrested in Pattaya restaurant after police raid, were allegedly drinking alcohol and violating Covid-19 rules

webfact

Just now, robblok said:

Just as much as yours and mine. Zero. But given that this is a forum to post opinions its normal to do so here.

Ah, you are truly a champion for free speech. Now perhaps if ol' Keith could refrain being smug and self-righteous, I might agree.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Pattaya City Police raided a restaurant in Jomtien last night September 22nd, 2021, allegedly finding both foreign nationals and Thais drinking alcohol that police said violated the Chonburi Disease Control order to control the spread of Covid -19.

If the police can do it why not the population, at least they are not carrying guns and making a menace of themselves ..........!!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Ah, you are truly a champion for free speech. Now perhaps if ol' Keith could refrain being smug and self-righteous, I might agree.

No i am not a champion of free speech, i think it has limitations. ( like when false damaging information is spread)

I am also with Keith that if you go out and get caught drinking its your own fault, but i certainly do understand why some people take the risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Meanwhile, I had 13 people in my house for dinner last week…  is that ok ?? Is it only frowned upon if we had wine & beer ? 

Sounds as though you and your friends were contravening the Covid-related restrictions on "gatherings" if the guests didn't all normally live there with you, regardless of the alcohol presence. 

The restrictions apply regardless of vaccination status, being vaccinated doesn't prevent the vaccinated from infecting others or contracting the virus.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Pattaya City Police raided a restaurant in Jomtien last night September 22nd, 2021, allegedly finding both foreign nationals and Thais drinking alcohol that police said violated the Chonburi Disease Control order to control the spread of Covid -19.

If the police can do it why not the population, at least they are not carrying guns and making a menace of themselves ..........!!!!

But the police cannot legally "do it" [sic], just as the rest of the populace can't, legally.

51 minutes ago, smedly said:
56 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I have ZERO sympathy for people who feel the need to go out to eat/drink when they can safely do it at home , they all need to be fined the maximum amount .

how many covid rules did you break this week ?

if you say none I don't believe you

Rules versus laws. I have absolutely no sympathy for those that can't tell the difference either.

Get a grip. Thailand isn't like an Orwelian, Sharia or Islamic Fundamentalist State or any other nonsense that the overly dramatic @richard_smith237 mentioned.

• Like 1