Fifteen people arrested in Pattaya restaurant after police raid, were allegedly drinking alcohol and violating Covid-19 rules

webfact

1 hour ago, robblok said:
1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

How about they don't ban alcohol at all? There is no scientific evidence that an alcohol ban improves the Covid stats. Why take away one of life's few pleasures in these already depressing times? 

There is proof that it does improve covid stats. You forget that they closed bars all over the world. So i disagree. In the Netherlands the moment they opened bars and such there was a rise in cases. So what your saying is not true.

The Thai hi-so nightclub clusters and outbreaks linked to illicit drinking in entertainment outlets in Singapore and Seoul also are proof of what access to alcohol can lead to. There's a Scottish saying, "When the drink's in, the wit's out."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
1 hour ago, robblok said:
1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

How about they don't ban alcohol at all? There is no scientific evidence that an alcohol ban improves the Covid stats. Why take away one of life's few pleasures in these already depressing times? 

There is proof that it does improve covid stats. You forget that they closed bars all over the world. So i disagree. In the Netherlands the moment they opened bars and such there was a rise in cases. So what your saying is not true.

The Thai hi-so nightclub clusters and outbreaks linked to illicit drinking in entertainment outlets in Singapore and Seoul also are proof of what access to alcohol can lead to. There's a Scottish saying, "When the drink's in, the wit's out."

But... you have both [NanLeaw and Rob] mentioned bars and nightclubs - these are specific entertainment venues where people are mobile and social interaction is the objective, social isolation is avoided. 

Is there any proof that having a dinner and beer/wine in a restaurant leads to Covid-19 transmission any more so than having dinner and water?  (of course, there isn’t).

In a seated environment of an ‘eatery’ there is no greater risk of transmission with or without alcohol. 

I will place the caveat, that unless people on different tables get up start dancing and interacting - in which case the ‘eatery’ is a bar masquerading as a restaurant. 

In ‘other countries’ while bars and and nightclub remained closed, restaurants and pubs reopened allowing the sale of alcohol with a meal - this was a more common sense approach than an outright ban. 

Personally, even though I rarely do so, I don’t mind having dinner without a beer, I just enjoy dinner more with a beer or a few glasses of wine.

It is the blanket ban borne out of flawed logic to support lazy enforcement which I object to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Meanwhile, I had 13 people in my house for dinner last week…  is that ok ?? Is it only frowned upon if we had wine & beer ? 

Sure not Ok.

Most likely planning a coup or some other highly illegal activity ongoing like having fun.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

No, darling, 14.2% go to hospital, 2.2% go to the ICU, 7.5% died. It's in the article I posted.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00074-0/fulltext

So, which part of the 20% who didn't survive are these in? Or should you have said that 92.5% survived and 7.5% perished.

If so, could you now explain how, worldwide, there have been 230,920,739 cases (Worldometer figures) and yet only 4,733,350 deaths?

If your figure of 7.5% fatality were correct the death figure should be nearly 18 million.

The figures you quoted also were gathered from one country (Ireland) and from the first wave of the pandemic between March and July 2020 - way before any kind of vaccine was available. Hardly useful data for the current situation, although possibly indicative of what may have happened if no measures had been taken and no vaccines were available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrfill said:

So, which part of the 20% who didn't survive are these in? Or should you have said that 92.5% survived and 7.5% perished.

If so, could you now explain how, worldwide, there have been 230,920,739 cases (Worldometer figures) and yet only 4,733,350 deaths?

If your figure of 7.5% fatality were correct the death figure should be nearly 18 million.

The figures you quoted also were gathered from one country (Ireland) and from the first wave of the pandemic between March and July 2020 - way before any kind of vaccine was available. Hardly useful data for the current situation, although possibly indicative of what may have happened if no measures had been taken and no vaccines were available.

Okay, I'll try to explain this, you can be hospitalised but not die of Covid19. You can get sick with Covid but not be hospitalised. You have misunderstood the quote.

"The majority of those who test positive for COVID-19 will survive the disease and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) states that, based on available data, approximately 80% of those who test positive for COVID-19 experience a mild illness or are asymptomatic.

Of the subset with complete data, 14.2% (n=2,811) were hospitalised, 2.2% (n=438) were admitted to ICU, and 7.5% (n=1,476) had died. Among those who had been admitted to ICU, 20.5% (n=90) had died."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00074-0/fulltext

The above says 80% have a mild illness or are asymptomatic, after getting Covid, not that only 20% survived. You are quite right to point out that overall, worldwide of the 2.9% of people infected globally only 1.9-2.0 per cent have actually died, not 7.5%. I assume the difference is that the Lancet only looked at people with complete data, whereas Worldometre does not.

Edited by Tanomazu
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Okay, I'll try to explain this, you can be hospitalised but not die of Covid19. You can get sick with Covid but not be hospitalised. You have misunderstood the quote.

"The majority of those who test positive for COVID-19 will survive the disease and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) states that, based on available data, approximately 80% of those who test positive for COVID-19 experience a mild illness or are asymptomatic.

Of the subset with complete data, 14.2% (n=2,811) were hospitalised, 2.2% (n=438) were admitted to ICU, and 7.5% (n=1,476) had died. Among those who had been admitted to ICU, 20.5% (n=90) had died."

The above says 80% have a mild illness or are asymptomatic, after getting Covid, not that only 20% survived. You are quite right to point out that overall, worldwide of the 2.9% of people infected globally only 1.9-2.0 per cent have actually died, not 7.5%. I assume the difference is that the Lancet only looked at people with complete data, whereas Worldometre does not.

Read my comment about when The Lancet data was gathered and where. It is ancient. Published 6 months ago and relating to the first five months of the pandemic in Ireland.

It is highly misleading when compared to today. It has also drifted way off topic.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is becoming more like an

Islamic Fundamentalist State by the day. 

The regulations also state no more than gatherings of 20ppl - so what if they were ‘gathering’ at a friends house which also happened to be a restaurant??? 

Ok, they were foolish for ignoring the rules if they were at a bar, but really this rule is somewhat moronic.

The targeting of booze is overly puritan & hypocritical in the extreme. 

This place is becoming more Orwellian and almost Shariah in nature by the day…. How far are we from seeing homosexuality punished by lashes & burkas being mandatory??? 

Meanwhile, I had 13 people in my house for dinner last week…  is that ok ?? Is it only frowned upon if we had wine & beer ? 

Yes,because I was not invited

3 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Read my comment about when The Lancet data was gathered and where. It is ancient. Published 6 months ago and relating to the first five months of the pandemic in Ireland.

It is highly misleading when compared to today. It has also drifted way off topic.

The thing is any serious study that looks at many thousands of cases with complete data, was peer reviewed etc will be in the past. That actually gives it more credibility, due to the fact it was peer reviewed, as opposed to something that just came out.

It's not "highly misleading" at all, the mortality figures will be very similar now, after all they looked at events that actually happened.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

No i am not a champion of free speech, i think it has limitations. ( like when false damaging information is spread)

I am also with Keith that if you go out and get caught drinking its your own fault, but i certainly do understand why some people take the risk.

This is my point. You have your opinion, but it isn't shared as righteous indignation.

Know the rules, know the risks, act accordingly.

Edited by n00dle

50 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

You ain't wrong there. never seen so many holier than thou people in all my time that frequent these fair boards.

Perhaps when you spend your dotage as an outsider looking in, judgement is your only recourse.

Misery hates folks who have company.

Edited by n00dle

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As I understand it, "a group of more than one" "in the presence of alcohol" is illegal. Go to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200. 

Do you have a "get out of jail free" card?

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You've clearly never tasted my grandmothers Christmas Puddings ????

The way things are going, if she's still around and doesn't mind a bit of quarantine she could probably shift a few in Pattaya this Christmas. Might be all we'll get.

• Like 1

If these silly rules are for the good of people who are afraid for there health they need to be more concerned for the own wellbeen and leave those who are not alone

Evidence shows police target the money foreigner.

covid is pase in the west its not even mentioned in my local, a couple of weeks back somebody walked in with a mask and the bar went silent and then a "would u get outa that"

Arrest the mob behind the vac mismanagement mess

looking forward to patts in 22

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

they need to follow rules, how difficult is that. If they are alcoholics which is likely as there are loads about, they can drink at home

I reckon at this point it is not about alcholism, but more of a social thing. The alcoholics are the ones happy to get twunted at home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomyami said:

If these silly rules are for the good of people who are afraid for there health they need to be more concerned for the own wellbeen and leave those who are not alone

Evidence shows police target the money foreigner.

covid is pase in the west its not even mentioned in my local, a couple of weeks back somebody walked in with a mask and the bar went silent and then a "would u get outa that"

Arrest the mob behind the vac mismanagement mess

looking forward to patts in 22

Well, Mensa has it own rules.

7 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

How much longer is this insane nonsense going to go on for? it seems like an absolute age now. I resent myself every day for ending up in this god forsaken, dictatorship rat-hole.

Will there be any bars or nightclubs left to open, when god forbid we're 'allowed' to have a beer or a  glass of red??

Yes, the ones who found a way to continue with business during the shutdown.

My GF and eat out three times per week. We take the cooler with  3 Leos and three Heineken and take a beach cruise down Jomtien beach road and then back to Cozy Beach where we live with a little buzz and eat in one of our great neighborhood restaurants. Perfect. Soi 7, how ignorant is that. If you don't like the rules that have reduced new cases be nearly 60% load your happy *** on a plane and go back to where you came from. We will have a go away party in your honor, just me and my lady. I am really tired of the bitching and moaning over everything the Government does. Never a positive word lt is quite possible we get through covid with under 30000 deaths or 45 per 100000 as opposed to the United States 235 per 100000. Pretty damn good Thailand. USA not so much.

robert_crumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Yes, the ones who found a way to continue with business during the shutdown.

Yes, the quality bars and restaurants along with those that are new. The 80% that are rat-holes frequented by those that resent every day for ending up in this god forsaken, dictatorship rat-hole will be forever gone. Why on Gods earth would someone stay in a place that they resent every day for ending up in a god forsaken, dictatorship rat-hole. That's pitiful.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, n00dle said:

covid is pase in the west its not even mentioned in my local,

today:     

UK          NEW CASES   33,560        DEATHS 203           VACCINATED  70442

USA                             520,000                       3484                                 713000

THAILAND                     11252                          106                                   812000

Pase, triple new cases, twice as many deaths and 12X less vaccinated. I beg to differ but total believe the sheeple belittling someone responsibly wearing a mask. No vaccination for stupid. Want to compare total stats?

28 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

today:     

UK          NEW CASES   33,560        DEATHS 203           VACCINATED  70442

USA                             520,000                       3484                                 713000

THAILAND                     11252                          106                                   812000

Pase, triple new cases, twice as many deaths and 12X less vaccinated. I beg to differ but total believe the sheeple belittling someone responsibly wearing a mask. No vaccination for stupid. Want to compare total stats?

TOTAL COVID

UK               TOTAL CASES  7, 530,000    TOTAL DEATHS  135,000    VACINNATED  93,000,000

USA                                      43,000,000                             680,000                            387,000,000

THAILAND                             1,500,000                                 15,612                               46,000,000

POPULATION                                 DEATH PER 100,000

UK                 68,000,000                           199

USA               331,000,000                          205

THAILAND     70,000,000                            22

Looks like LOS is where one would want to be during Covid. Somebody is doing something right.

11 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

here is an interesting report/study - note the part that vaccinated people being hospitalised did not have covid  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA-sCLJO2P4

1 hour ago, balo said:

Everything is open in Europe, what takes you so long ? 

a stupid goverment still looking for brown envelops for vaccines

Yeah raiding farang partying pocket money for police is nothing to with health this thing is done and dusted in europe.

TIT

Edited by tomyami