Tops Supermarket Khon Kaen: huuuuuge!

Dario

I don't know Tops and I went to one in Pattaya but was so long ago I can't recall what was in it.

Is Tops good for Western products at decent prices?

I must say I have been quite happy with cheeses,beans and meat products since I discovered the online services by expat foods of Pattaya, with speedy delivery.

I am in Khonkaen this coming week.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's good for Western products at Western prices+. It's possibly the only place in Thailand to get Western quality, but you have to pay dearly for it.

Bangkok Barry, Thank you.

I might as well just stick to expat foods Pattaya who provide a good reasonable service then.

Their cheeses, pies and meats I found to be good value for Thailand although I found their curries too bland, coming from Northern England, I like fire in mine!.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Bangkok Barry, Thank you.

I might as well just stick to expat foods Pattaya who provide a good reasonable service then.

Their cheeses, pies and meats I found to be good value for Thailand although I found their curries too bland, coming from Northern England, I like fire in mine!.

I buy from someone who deals in expat food and a lot of his stock comes from Pattaya. Seems to be Expat Food Central. As for the curries, try adding a little (or more!) chilli powder. I do that in my mince and beef stews.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Hahahaha,

I know what you mean!

Even getting excited at air fryers these days! Sad I know.

I have been cooking so much the last few months that I am looking forward to going to a kitchenware store..  I saw a commercial from usa for a teflon style orange frying pan that doesnt chip or scratch and I got excited.. 

what is an air fryer? I am frenzied at the thought!!

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's good for Western products at Western prices+. It's possibly the only place in Thailand to get Western quality, but you have to pay dearly for it.

Not the only place in Thailand - Villa Market & Foodland in Bangkok are also good, but not cheap.

• Thanks 1

I've been to the ones in Khon Kaen and Udon, but prefer the one in Central Plaza Korat, which is a "Tops Superstore", as opposed to a regular "Tops Market", like the first two.  However, for Western food, I find the supermarket in The Mall Korat to be better. 

I'm going for my second shot also.

My wife and I stopped by the Topps also

It was packed!  Always nice selection and great quality.

I'm travel 5 hours from upper SaKon Nakhon.  My wife and I are staying at the Avani Khon Kaen.  Very nice.

The first vaccine went great,I hope its that smooth again.  I haven't had a confirmation yet.

Any update let us know.

Khon Kaen Pfeizer shots October 2nd.

Edited by MrJ2U

28 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Who did you pre-register with?

Directly with the hospital.

I was frustrated with the Intervac.  After being excepted I was never contacted again.  No email, no SMS, nothing.

I got some good advice through this forum and called Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital.

The Khon Kaen hospital manually put me in.

Very happy about that.

On another positive note:

Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital confirmed there receiving the Moderna mid October.

So hopefully take a little vacation soon with the family.  End of November.

Edited by MrJ2U

11 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

After being excepted I was never contacted again.  No email, no SMS, nothing.

I got some good advice through this forum and called Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital.

The Khon Kaen hospital manually put me in.

I registered through ThailandIntervac.com and the 2nd jabs are done by Bangkok Hospital on Oct. 3 at Central in Khon Kaen.

Have you tried this site to check your status?
https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php

• Like 1

I'm going to Khon Kaen from Ban Dung tomorrow 28/9 to get my first Pfizer vaccine at the Health Promotion Center at Bangkok Hospital.

I registered thru the https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php website.

I will have to check out Tops.  The wife and I are staying overnight at the Avani.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

The one in Samui has been extended it’s so big you get lost in it I go there just to buy the mini pork pies .I think Topps is either Sainsburys or Waitrose in the U.K. and it’s not expensive either 

Oh, great to know! I'm thinking of moving to Samui in the future.

4 hours ago, Dario said:
5 hours ago, Dario said:

Oh, great to know! I'm thinking of moving to Samui in the future.

I also live on Samui and TOPS is great for buying UK/Western Brands and fresh produce, but their Great Quality comes at Premium Prices!

They stock a lot of Waitrose stuff!

But, expect to pay much higher prices than Tesco or Makro!.....

Tops market ท็อปส์ มาร์เก็ต - Central Food Retail Company LTD

To get an idea have a look at their website..... Tops online is Thailand’s Number 1 online grocery shopping

There are no Villa Market or Foodland stores on Samui!