Phuket kicks off AstraZeneca booster shots using under skin method

snoop1130

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Apart from the obvious medical issue of this not being a recommended method of injection, there is a potential wider issue.

other countries do not utilize, recommend this method of injection. So they are hardly likely to accept thai residents entering their borders if they have been vaccinated in this way. Trouble is, there is no way of knowing who had the recommended injection method and who had the not recommended method. So likelihood is that no one from Thailand will be accepted. It could turn into a major issue for those wishing to travel.

This is, at least atm, only applicable to booster shots. So as soon as other countries start requiring booster shots your post would be applicable.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This is, at least atm, only applicable to booster shots. So as soon as other countries start requiring booster shots your post would be applicable.

Indeed. And how does Thailand then turn the clock back on the booster shots applied using the not recommended route? 

sometimes it pays to think ahead, not just what’s expedient for today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Have you ever seen a intradermal booster shot given, I have not. When I asked my Nurse Practicioner daughter about this she was shocked to hear this was being done for covid when all vaccinations no matter what should be done intramuscular as that's how the vaccines were designed. Same for all other vaccines for all illnesses. Now poor countries where vaccines for polio and such are given they are sometimes done intradermal as vaccines are few and far between.