COE issues

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Canadian passports don't have to have a person's middle name or initial(s). But the provincial health cards, which are used for all health related procedures including vaccinations do contain full and complete names including all middle names. So when the inoculation document is issued it has the person's full name, birth date and partial health card number. The passport has 2 names and the inoculation document has 3 names, of course the birth dates match, will this be a problem for entry? 

Doubt it as your passport names do match the names  on the 'inoculation document' but with your middle name as an extra. I think the problem is when either 1st or last names differ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

For my COE the Stockholm embassy required a return ticket. 

Bought a refundable ticket to Singapore and it was accepted. 

Has anyone who applied through the London Embassy been asked for proof of a return ticket? I was hoping that a one-way ticket would be sufficient.

Edited by HansumFarang

15 hours ago, khunkarl said:

But as a Samui resident it would not apply right? I'm working on a ship in Ireland now and then traveling to Sweden a few days before heading to Thailand. Both countries are on the list, so it should be alright then?

They didn't ask me for proof where I have been at the Stockholm embassy. 

I did however apply for the the COE before I got my B-visa so perhaps that's why they demanded return ticket. 

The Stockholm embassy will issue an e-visa if you need it. 

No need to travel to the embassy. 

https://thaievisa.go.th/

4 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

Has anyone who applied through the London Embassy been asked for proof of a return ticket? I was hoping that a one-way ticket would be sufficient.

Perhaps, apply for the COE. 

They will not deny you but ask for the ticket. 

I think my problem was that I applied for the COE before I got my B-visa. 

8 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

Think the problem is that you must have covid insurance for your total stay.

I bought a refundable ticket to Singapore after 14days 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:56 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Yes for October 1 from the Los Angeles Thai Consulate.  I will have the joy of doing the full 15 day run in a hotel room in BKK. 

Maybe because you applied using old COE rules and requirements followed by embassies.  It’s subject to change any day now so worth the risk of delaying and reapply under new rules (possible lower ASQ) or go with your scheduled flight

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

The consulate here in Lisbon has been very responsive to my questions via email. You might try this?

FYI. With Emirates, for short durations, one way and return are the same price.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:48 AM, PoorSucker said:

They didn't ask me for proof where I have been at the Stockholm embassy. 

I did however apply for the the COE before I got my B-visa so perhaps that's why they demanded return ticket. 

The Stockholm embassy will issue an e-visa if you need it. 

No need to travel to the embassy. 

https://thaievisa.go.th/

Yes I tried that first but found it horrible so I used a Visa company for the first time. Have had Non-O multiple entry for years. Now they only give 90 days single entry. I'm not sure which direction we are heading... 

1 minute ago, TorquayFan said:

Please - urgent - is the Thai Embassy in Cardiff still open ?

If so, a phone number ?

Otherwise the number of the Embassy in London ?

The consulates are closed.

Contact info for the embassy is here. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/81604-address-numbers-email-addresses?menu=5d6636ce15e39c3bd0007337

Any ideas Guys ? I've an 'Extension to stay' on a NonO visa (retirement) that expires on 19th October 2021 and a Re-entry Permit.

Due to Covid etc. I had expected to be able to return on Nov 4th, having read this on Gov.UK ""Residents currently outside Thailand - If you have a Thai resident visa and normally live in Thailand but cannot return within the required year, you will be granted an extension to your compulsory return deadline. However, you are required to return to Thailand as soon as the situation improves."

I had thought on landing I'd get 45 days stay and could then renew my retirement Visa after ASQ

Any advice please

3 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Due to Covid etc. I had expected to be able to return on Nov 4th, having read this on Gov.UK ""Residents currently outside Thailand - If you have a Thai resident visa and normally live in Thailand but cannot return within the required year, you will be granted an extension to your compulsory return deadline. However, you are required to return to Thailand as soon as the situation improves."

That is only for those that hold permanent residency after applying for it.

I had thought on landing I'd get 45 days stay and could then renew my retirement Visa after ASQ

You will have to apply for a new non-o visa at immigration and then a new extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day permit to stay it will allow.

Thanks Ubon for clarifying that !!!

You say - "You will have to apply for a new non-o visa at immigration" - is that in London or in Thailand on my arrival ? 

Sorry to be thick !

You can do it electronically through London, but you may want to arrive on a Visa Exemption and do it during the exemption period in Thailand.

When trying to book the new 7 day quarantine through Agoda, and numerous hotels, the 7 day option is not available yet.

I have had to contact hotels directly, and some have not yet adjusted their advertisements and pricing listed on http://www.hsscovid.com/

Also the Thai embassy website for Ottawa Canada lists the following websites for booking the quarantine hotels. One of these has a virus and my computer refused to load the pages:

- Make a reservation on authorized online platforms
(1) https://www.agoda.com/quarantineth
(2) https://asq.locanation.com/
(3) https://asq.ascendtravel.com/
(4) https://entrythailand.go.th 

Edited by Banana7

On 9/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, sezze said:

And that's the things which does put people of travelling to Thailand ... no clear answers , no clear outcomes , changing rules , ...

That COE process need to be removed .

Which is why, few tourists will come. 

People who work and are planning vacations for the few weeks they have off from work. want certainty and want easy. They don't want to bet their only vacation in a year on the whims of Thai autocrats. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 6:08 AM, Eve2004 said:

Hi you have to click the upload button after attaching documents the little up arrow otherwise it doesn't attach properly.

I had my COE rejected way back in August for not submitting a travel document, I have an e-mail confirmation of receipt for that same document. From what I remember you are unable to proceed and submit the application unless all required information has been uploaded, is that not correct?  

I submitted my wife's COE and it was accepted, so it's not like I didn't understand the process enough to do it correctly.

Edited by Lee4Life

I put the question to the Thai Embassy in Canberra. They said they had “no details” about what might happen after 1st November with regard to hotel quarantine for arrivals in Bangkok for fully vaccinated travellers, Thai and farang. Meanwhile, the COE requires a booked and paid for Quarantine Hotel with Covid tests for seven days from 1st November until further notice.

11 hours ago, Banana7 said:

When trying to book the new 7 day quarantine through Agoda,

I booked 7 nights in Phuket and 7 nights on Samui via Agoda.

Not packaged, just regular hotel nights.

Sent an email to the hotel with scan of passport and they sent me my SHABA ID certificate. 

I was released from the sandbox program yesterday.