COE issues

38 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Yes for October 1 from the Los Angeles Thai Consulate.  I will have the joy of doing the full 15 day run in a hotel room in BKK. 

Im going to try apply again over the next week otherwise looks like I'll be doing quarantine in BKK as well ????

Phuket sounds more attractive but BKK ASQ has been going on for a long time and this will be my second time experiencing the joys of BKK Quarantine this year.  For me going to BKK ASQ just looked like a simpler process.  My COE was approved in less than 2 days.  Good luck to all those who are in the process or will attempt the COE process in the near future.  Sometimes it can be frustrating and time consuming.  I would recommend give yourself at least 10 days from your date of your flight when you apply(this does not count weekends).  

On September 22 at about 12 noon (eastern daylight saving time (Toronto Canada/NewYork USA)) I was able to enter the COE website and upload all pre-approval documents and received the 6 digit number at 12:55. On Sept. 23 morning, I went into the COE website with the 6 digit number and verified the pre-approval existed.

Luckily I haven't bought insurance, ASQ or a flight yet, but I was planning to do so in the next few days.

Trying to return to Thailand is like trying to hit a moving target.

Sounds like there is hope that the length of quarantine maybe reduced for fully vaccinated foreigners.

5 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

On September 22 at about 12 noon (eastern daylight saving time (Toronto Canada/NewYork USA)) I was able to enter the COE website and upload all pre-approval documents and received the 6 digit number at 12:55. On Sept. 23 morning, I went into the COE website with the 6 digit number and verified the pre-approval existed.

Luckily I haven't bought insurance, ASQ or a flight yet, but I was planning to do so in the next few days.

Sounds like there is hope that the length of quarantine maybe reduced for fully vaccinated foreigners.

Hey thing is for me I'm entering via phuket sandbox so it shouldn't matter if they are changing quarantine requirements as I meet all the requirements to enter the sandbox. It doesn't make sense to suspend COEs while they revise measures but hey it's thailand haha.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eve2004 said:

Fingers crossed I'm annoyed they gave me preapproval to book my flight if I had known I wouldn't of booked 

I wouldn’t worry too much about this (just my opinion).

In all likelihood the conditions will be relaxed. 

Thus: At the moment you have flights booked and have a 14 day SHA+ Hotel Sandbox booking. 

The requirement may change to 7 days. 

Thus: ensure your SHA+ Hotel Sandbox booking is refundable, or that you can change to 7 days from 14 (or whichever changes are announced). 

Give it a few days... You have all your bookings in place etc (and have met all the requirements) - so CoE permission can be given very quickly, even a few days before the flight. 

That doesn’t help ease the mindset of those who like to plan 3-4 weeks in advance - but it's unlikely your travel will be rejected. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eve2004 said:

Hey thing is for me I'm entering via phuket sandbox so it shouldn't matter if they are changing quarantine requirements as I meet all the requirements to enter the sandbox. It doesn't make sense to suspend COEs while they revise measures but hey it's thailand haha.

Agreed - it doesn’t make sense to suspend issuing CoE’s if the measures are going to be relaxed. 

If you meet the more stringent requirements, you would then meet the relaxed requirement - but logic does not come into these decisions very often. 

I have re-entered Thailand 3 times using the CoE system (2x ASQ / 1x Sandbox) - the Embassies respond quickly and you still have plenty of time.

I wouldn’t spend that time worrying - just leave it a week or so and come back to it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed - it doesn’t make sense to suspend issuing CoE’s if the measures are going to be relaxed. 

If you meet the more stringent requirements, you would then meet the relaxed requirement - but logic does not come into these decisions very often. 

I have re-entered Thailand 3 times using the CoE system (2x ASQ / 1x Sandbox) - the Embassies respond quickly and you still have plenty of time.

I wouldn’t spend that time worrying - just leave it a week or so and come back to it. 

Thank you for responding I have been stressed as I've packed up my life into a suitcase. I'll give it a week and see how it goes

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Amazing, I'm planning to re-enter in December which will be the second time. I'm still expecting to have to do a COE, but hopefully for fully vaccinated passengers the Bangkok ASQ quarantine may be 7 days and not 14. I'm not particularly interested in Phuket if that Bangkok ASQ quarantine period is shorter.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuvoc said:

Amazing, I'm planning to re-enter in December which will be the second time. I'm still expecting to have to do a COE, but hopefully for fully vaccinated passengers the Bangkok ASQ quarantine may be 7 days and not 14. I'm not particularly interested in Phuket if that Bangkok ASQ quarantine period is shorter.

If you are fully vaccinated, I am sure entering in Bangkok will be more comfortable than it is currently. Perhaps, just a requirement to spend seven days in a SHA+ hotel, allowed to roam daytime.

11 hours ago, Eve2004 said:

Has anybody had a COE granted for entry in October here? Just trying to work out if its just certain embassies doing this?

I have a flight booked for October 12th but not received my COE yet. Iv used a company in BKK called Royal Vacation to do my paperwork so far they have replied to all emails by return and assure me my application is in the system, they also came highly recommended (lets wait and see). I gave up doing it myself the online application I found full of contradictory questions, no one answers the phone at the embassy all very frustrating. This company do all the paperwork but includes a choice of many hotels, 3 PCR tests, travel insurance etc. Iv found its very frustrating that so many things change in the two to three weeks you need to allow for your application to be processed. Hopefully this company comes through gets me in and then I will try to organise possible longer term arrangements. By the way I submitted my application and two days later BA cancelled my return flight booked around Nov 30th. 

My fingers are crossed that they start opening a few bars etc soon ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wraithy said:

I have a flight booked for October 12th but not received my COE yet. Iv used a company in BKK called Royal Vacation to do my paperwork so far they have replied to all emails by return and assure me my application is in the system, they also came highly recommended (lets wait and see). I gave up doing it myself the online application I found full of contradictory questions, no one answers the phone at the embassy all very frustrating. This company do all the paperwork but includes a choice of many hotels, 3 PCR tests, travel insurance etc. Iv found its very frustrating that so many things change in the two to three weeks you need to allow for your application to be processed. Hopefully this company comes through gets me in and then I will try to organise possible longer term arrangements. By the way I submitted my application and two days later BA cancelled my return flight booked around Nov 30th. 

My fingers are crossed that they start opening a few bars etc soon ????

As with those doing Visas, Driving licences etc - there is no need to use an agent - the procedures and paperwork are simple enough to handle yourself. 

But, if you are the type of finds Visa applications, Driving licence application  / renewal too much of a hassle, or you are someone who struggles with the details then an agent offers a peace of mind solution. 

Personally, I do everything myself, then I know it’s done correctly and no one else's screw up can cost me. 

• Like 1

Yes I applied for COE for Phuket Sandbox in London flying on 4 October and received it within 2 days. I did that 1st week of September as it said one can apply 30 days before and got it issued. I presume once issued it is valid.

• Like 2

I wonder at what point the Thai embassies and consulates abroad become overwhelmed with COE requests and either outsource the process or have it significantly streamlined. I can't imagine Thai consular staff keeping up with applications if tourism picks up in any significant way for the coming high season, or what there may be of it. Perhaps this outage is in preparation for a new system that is outsourced. 

21 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

My application was frustrating as well. My pre-approval was rejected. I corrected the problem, but they never emailed me everything was OK now. I lost 3 days waiting, then went to the website and found it was accepted. I uploaded all the requested documents and heard nothing until 3 days before my flight...almost 3 weeks!

Make sure you have a hotel booking and evidence the deposit has been paid.

"Make sure you have a hotel booking and evidence the deposit has been paid."

Can you please confirm you only need to submit receipt to prove the DEPOSIT has been paid.

Just yesterday I paid my ASQ hotel deposit (5,000Baht ) and I got a message immediately saying that the balance would be processed (using my Visa cc) 3 days before the end of my 14 days stay, and will include any additional charges for room service, 7/11 purchases and service charge, extra laundry  etc. 

Edited by scorecard

I am going in on the Phuket Sandbox next Sunday, 3rd October. I'm not a computer geek and found the London Embassy website (and Thai websites in general) a little "flaky" - gave up with Firefox and Chrome (would not accept contact phone numbers, no matter how I formatted them) but MS Edge worked for some unfathomable reason!

I bought insurance from AXA Thailand and applied for my pre-registration on 14th September and it was approved within four working hours and got my six-digit PIN.

Booked and paid in full for SHA+ hotel and PCR tests and applied for COE on 21st September and within 24 hours it was approved and I now have all of my documentation ready to fly apart from my pre-flight PCR test result.

Altogether, including booking flights, 60-day TR visa, hotel, insurance, PCR tests, etc. I've probably spent six hours at my keyboard.

I've heard nothing from the embassy to say my COE is invalid or cancelled, but this morning I did get a Health and Safety email from Thai Airways so, as far as they are concerned, I'm good to go.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this applies to Thai citizens? My wife has her pre-approval and we are just about to send her flight and hotel bookings in order that she can get her full approval. Her flight was booked a long time back - return ticket. She's fully vaccinated (in UK) and has the NHS App as proof so she might be able to take advantage of any changes.

Edited by KhaoYai

I have went through a lot of obstacle to get my COE approved.

1) Change of 45 days visa exemption to 30 days by the Thai Embassy Singapore.

2) Airline cancelled my flight. No refund, got to purchase new ticket from other airlines.

3) Submit a new flight details to the ASQ hotel Bangkok and request for a confirmation letter for my COE.

All this happened during my COE was pre-approved.

Hope you guys don't have to go through all this in yr country.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, Salerno said:

Did you click the button to attach too? (That usability issue has caught out numerous people.)

2138899717_(10).png.7504c053430a7d9084575687821c5739.png

Caught me out too - IIRC you do not try to click the icon in the blue box (it does nothing) but there's a similar icon just below the file that is waiting to be uploaded. Once you hit that you will get the customary egg-timer (or similar) to show the progress.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, placeholder said:

One thing I noted in the first part of the application is that they want proof that if the name on your passport doesn't match the name on your vaccine certificate, they want proof that you're the same person. Anyone have an idea what sort of proof would satisfy them?

Also, on part one, every time I applied the application never even went through to be considered.  It got rejected because the software  claimed I hadn't attached any documents to prove I had been vaccinated. Actually, I attached 3 documents. I also tried it with just one document, and that failed, too.

You must click the small upload icon below the box after each document appears in the box. Many dont realise this. It does tell u in poor English to do this in red at the bottom

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 1:46 PM, Jeffr2 said:

I had the same problem. I gave up.

Knowing the Thai authorities I pre-empted this happening with my UK Vaccine Pass certificate and changed my NHS name which has always been Terry to Terence so that it matched my passport for my COE. You can go on the NHS website to do this or probably get your GP's surgery to do it. Then request a new NHS vaccine pass with the amended name.

• Like 2

I got my CoE within a few days in Feb this year, done the same process this month with the addition of uploading my vaccine certificate, even though I was going to ASQ in Bangkok, as I had a feeling the 14 days might drop to 7.  I'm due to fly 13th October, flights, hotel all booked and uploaded onto the site, that was 5 days ago and no updates, but I'm not concerned, as I'm hoping it's because things may change next week and I just need to do 7 days ASQ - finges crossed.

2 hours ago, spoon1967 said:

I'm due to fly 13th October . . . .

I'm also booked to fly from the UK on the 13th (arrive BKK 14th) but the potential change of quarantine rules is mooted for the 15th.

I wonder how they'll treat any arrivals in the days before the change and whether new rules will apply to them?

Edited by treetops

I got my CoE within a few days in Feb this year, done the same process this month with the addition of uploading my vaccine certificate, even though I was going to ASQ in Bangkok, as I had a feeling the 14 days might drop to 7.  I'm due to fly 13th October, flights, hotel all booked and uploaded onto the site, that was 5 days ago and no updates, but I'm not concerned, as I'm hoping it's because things may change next week and I just need to do 7 days ASQ - finges crossed.

a little earlier:

"Make sure you have a hotel booking and evidence the deposit has been paid."

Can you please confirm you only need to submit receipt to prove the DEPOSIT has been paid.

(Just yesterday I paid my ASQ hotel deposit (5,000Baht ) and I got a message immediately saying that the balance would be processed (using my Visa cc) 3 days before the end of my 14 days stay, and will include any additional charges for room service, 7/11 purchases and service charge, extra laundry  etc.) 

• Thanks 1

Also hoping for changes soon (before I fly on 9 December) to the number of days of quarantine, and hoping thee could be a stay at home for 7 days or similar category for folks who have been double vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Knowing the Thai authorities I pre-empted this happening with my UK Vaccine Pass certificate and changed my NHS name which has always been Terry to Terence so that it matched my passport for my COE. You can go on the NHS website to do this or probably get your GP's surgery to do it. Then request a new NHS vaccine pass with the amended name.

Have any Australians experience difficulty with this?

My middle name starts with W.

My full middle name is shown on my passport.

But on my Medicare immunization history it only shows W.

I'm hoping this will be acceptable.

On the other hand have any ozzies ever expanded their name on their Medicare on-line records to show their full middle name?

16 hours ago, Banana7 said:

"Trying to return to Thailand is like trying to hit a moving target".

I don't mean to minimize your predicament,  the requirements are a pain in the butt  ,with no end in sight but the above quote  gives a whole new meaning to "jumping through hoops" .

Safe travels

Good Luck

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1