Getting any rain today ?

Denim

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

That’s good news I live in Northern Chiang Mai province and over the years have taken many friends from overseas to visit.

I always ensure we are there on a Saturday night so we can visit in the “ dark” as well as daytime.

For me it’s a surreal experience not to be missed.

Yes Fridays and Saturday night they put the lights on around the main acient buildings.

Everything in the park has been closed most of the time during the pandemic maybe open weekends sometimes, our village is a bit of a Ghost town, some hotels are still open though.

we live in Surat Thani and I had to hand water all our trees yesterday as we havent had decent rain in weeks, the ground was bone dry and set like concrete. Been a very dry wet season for the last couple of months

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

we live in Surat Thani and I had to hand water all our trees yesterday as we havent had decent rain in weeks, the ground was bone dry and set like concrete. Been a very dry wet season for the last couple of months

Torrential rain every day in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

I went into town yesterday and noticed that although the rain has mostly stopped the level of the Basak river has risen as all the northern run off flows down. Dito the surrounding fields. In fact , standing in the river by the bridge over the Pasak is some old monitoring towel fallen into disuse .

At the top of that tower is a dirty brown ring marking the last high water level. Over the years I have often looked at that mark and thought how impossibly high it was and that I would probably never see it that high again. Wrong. Yesterday it was a foot over that mark and the river is still rising.