Getting any rain today ?

Denim

Here in Sukhothai, the expected flooding from the last wave and will be having more in the next couple of days. 

Amphoe Mueang is under water. As the Yom River has crested all over and causing havoc to the north/south province. 

The major bypasses around the city are seeing spotty flooding. 

All the torrential rain and flooding from the north will naturally flow south - expect more flooding in the basin provinces. 

Another day in paradise.

• Like 2

In  central Lopburi it started raining last night at 3 am and has stopped for about 40 minutes ,to give me enough time to go and cut some feed for our cattle.

So far we have had about 50 mm or rain , still raining with more to come ,my record is 85 mm. back  May 2017 .I suspect that  might well be broken .

CharlieH, said flooding in Petchaboon ,that will make the farmers and me happy ,flooding in Petchaboon means that the water will flow in to the Passak river ,then  about 200 km down stream it  flows in to the Passak Dam, that has not been full for 3 years now ,water is used for irrigation by local farmers .

For me when the dam is almost full they open the dam gates water flows down a slip way and around to the Passak river ,and the fishing they is good ,some big stripped catfish to be had. 

58 minutes ago, kickstart said:

flooding in Petchaboon means that the water will flow in to the Passak river

Yup. I have to cross the Pasak river to get into town. It was about 6 inches short of the high water mark yesterday, before the deluge today. I  couldn't get the car out to go into town today but  it must surely have beaten the old mark and the low point of the road before the bridge is probably washed out.

18 hours ago, Denim said:

Yup. I am now lying in darkness as power gone. Surprised it lasted all day. Will be on the news later....not that i will be able to watch it. Picked a bad day to give up drinking. Might swim out for a bottle later.

Don't worry, It's the rainy season!!! So they say.

You do know that it is currently the wet season when it tends to rain ?

I understand that the currently downpours are the tail end of a storm from Vietnam.

Here in Northern Chiang Mai Province it seems more than last year.

My brother-in-law’s big pond is usually an accurate gauge it’s full at  the moment unlike last year.

Rained all night up here. Sunday and my regular haunts are closed or under water.  In fact I dislike Sundays , I did as a child when my folks told me to go to church but then my Bruv. and me spent the sixpence we had each for the collection plate and bought sweets instead and watched the Carp feeding in a pond not far away.

I think I could be bored , sorry folks.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

You do know that it is currently the wet season when it tends to rain ?

I understand that the currently downpours are the tail end of a storm from Vietnam.

Here in Northern Chiang Mai Province it seems more than last year.

My brother-in-law’s big pond is usually an accurate gauge it’s full at  the moment unlike last year.

To my knowledge the thing is the rain storms have been particularly heavier this year and not spread out. 

Never ever seen Sukhothai hospital under 1 metre of water before or Big'C'.

Our Old City village is high up so we have had no problems for years. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes.....but it's not ever season when you expect to see Noah float by giving you the bird.

This was the worst rain I have ever seen here. Heavy and non stop for 24 hours. Route 21 north to Petchabun blocked by flood water spoiling some peoples holidays. LOcals say the last 2 days have been the worst for about 40 years in this area.

No I agree this year has been heavy the last few years have been lighter certainly where I live.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

To my knowledge the thing is the rain storms have been particularly heavier this year and not spread out. 

Has it affected the historical site down there would be sad to see it damaged.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Not that bad as I see cars you can't go past Big'C' Sukhothai or the hospital in cars only high trucks can get through.

At the end of 2nd video you can see they closed the road as too deep for anything to get through. 

32 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes.....but it's not ever season when you expect to see Noah float by giving you the bird.

This was the worst rain I have ever seen here. Heavy and non stop for 24 hours. Route 21 north to Petchabun blocked by flood water spoiling some peoples holidays. LOcals say the last 2 days have been the worst for about 40 years in this area.

South Eastern Rayong, rained all night, almost twelve inches half of our property was under water, pond is at the highest level ever and we had a very dry July and August, one more rain like last night and some will be entering the lower level of the house, had one submerged water pump this morning, hopefully it will be ok, pulled it out and its drying off now, we are still getting a lot of runoff from the hills, road by my is under a lot of water, worst thing is the septic system is now full to the brim, still raining here but just lightly

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Rained all night up here. Sunday and my regular haunts are closed or under water.  In fact I dislike Sundays , I did as a child when my folks told me to go to church but then my Bruv. and me spent the sixpence we had each for the collection plate and bought sweets instead and watched the Carp feeding in a pond not far away.

I think I could be bored , sorry folks.

bored but the guilt lives on. 

44 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

No problem with the Old City Historical Park where we live Muang Kao (Old city) if that's what you mean and it had never been affected the water in the park lake is still not full. 

There is lots of moats and ponds all around the area that are still not full where excess water would be sent if there were any danger of the park flooding. 

The local govt have done a great job over the years clearing out waterways.

Much the water seems to go down hill to New Sukhothai.