Getting any rain today ?

Denim

18 hours ago, kickstart said:

So far we have had about 50 mm or rain , still raining with more to come ,my record is 85 mm. back  May 2017 .I suspect that  might well be broken

That was well broken we had 123 mm of rain in 24 hours farm  land and cattle shed underwater , wife's garden  pass on that ,so far not come in to the house ,

It has been 10years since we have had flooding like this ,

My next door neighbour has lost all his Bla Nin ,Nile Tilapia from his fishpond ,that got flooded out this morning  he only cleaned it out and re stocked last year ,he said he is down 100k baht.

Thai TV this morning one part of Petchaboon had 230 mm of rain in 24 hours another part 170 mm.

As the Crow flys we are about 200 km from Petchaboon ,I think with our 123 mm of rain we got off lightly .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Apologies I'll have a look later.

Can't find route 21 on Google map. 

The second video is Wichien Buri town.  Route 21 ( 1st video ) is the main Highway to Petchabun , Khao Kor and Phu Tab Berk.

Lot more videos on youtube.

8 minutes ago, kickstart said:

My next door neighbour has lost all his Bla Nin ,Nile Tilapia from his fishpond ,that got flooded out this morning 

I managed to get into town this morning as it stopped raining for 6 hours. All the way the road was lined with motorcycles and cars with people wading out into the flooded rice fields with fishing nets.

Somebody will be eating your neighbors fish tonight. It's amazing that after a big flood like this, when the waters subside you can go out into the rice fields , a long way from any river, and find pretty big fish trapped in big ponds or puddles for days to come.

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

The second video is Wichien Buri town.  Route 21 ( 1st video ) is the main Highway to Petchabun , Khao Kor and Phu Tab Berk.

Lot more videos on youtube.

OK not been that way in years. 

Hope you stay safe. ????

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes....subsided a lot during the day and was able to get into town. Been on the news today also.

Worst in 20 years apparently.

Yes saw on Thai TV news of 1metre high flooding at Suk hospital and the PTT garage I use going into New Sukhothai never in my time here seen that before.

Only know the town having really bad floods once. 

On my farm I've been stuck nearly 3 times beginning to miss my 4x4 truck.  

• Like 1

We didn't get any rain, yet, today.  Maybe tonight. September and October always get lots of rain. My memory is that the highest tide of the year always produces floods in Bangkok in October. Usually floods in most provinces. Our "front yard," mostly bare dirt, is pretty much a swamp, but the neighborhood is not flooded.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

To my knowledge the thing is the rain storms have been particularly heavier this year and not spread out. 

Never ever seen Sukhothai hospital under 1 metre of water before or Big'C'.

Our Old City village is high up so we have had no problems for years. 

Fixing a localized problem just moves the problem to the next weak point. Probably haven't seen any military trucks this time.

Forward thinking restricted to considering what to put on your spoon next, doesn't fix real issues.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:50 PM, zzaa09 said:

Here in Sukhothai, the expected flooding from the last wave and will be having more in the next couple of days. 

Amphoe Mueang is under water. As the Yom River has crested all over and causing havoc to the north/south province. 

The major bypasses around the city are seeing spotty flooding. 

All the torrential rain and flooding from the north will naturally flow south - expect more flooding in the basin provinces. 

Another day in paradise.

Doesn't some of this water eventually hit Bangkok?

I remember the 2011 floods.

I'm in upper North East and its just on and off showers.

• Like 1

Lately and mostly early in the mornings, the right hand pane column "popular now" is not populated at all not even with one item as it used to be so far,

dose anyone has the same issue? is this by design or it's something with my machine setting?...

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Doesn't some of this water eventually hit Bangkok?

I remember the 2011 floods.

I'm in upper North East and its just on and off showers.

Yes,eventually most of it will flow through or around Bangkok to the sea.

We’re just outside Samoeng up on a mountain (big hill) so no water damage but I’ve never seen it rain so hard anywhere as it has last couple days! The roar coming off our concrete tile roof, the 12x12 metal cover on the water tank plus the big banana leaves etc. is deafening at times! It’s something to see and hear!

99% of water vacates the property and runs downhill to town but all ok down there too so far!

Seems we aren’t getting the brunt of it as are so many other areas of Thailand…another month and I’ll be belly aching about how cold it gets at night up here….always something????

Its been a tough year for Thailand and the one before that no better!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alacrity said:

Fixing a localized problem just moves the problem to the next weak point. Probably haven't seen any military trucks this time.

Forward thinking restricted to considering what to put on your spoon next, doesn't fix real issues.

Some people would be better to hit the DELETE key rather than the SEND key…don’t you think????

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kanada said:

another month and I’ll be belly aching about how cold it gets at night up here….always something????

Another 5 months there will be a drought ...........  Thailand's 3 seasons , Flooding, Tourist , Drought

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, Denim said:

Yup. I am now lying in darkness as power gone. Surprised it lasted all day. Will be on the news later....not that i will be able to watch it. Picked a bad day to give up drinking. Might swim out for a bottle later.

If you have a car you could buy an inverter, mine is 200w cost less than 600b laz enough to run TV 50w, floor fan, lap top and wi-fi. i use it regularly with power cuts and in the car should i need my lap top. (for those that don't know keep your engine running without a/c.)

• Like 1

1) Where is the water from Petchabun ultimately going to? Bangkok?

2) And what about Chaiyaphum's water? Is that going into Korat ? I just wonder if water will block that Esarn highway because I'd like to go to Surin from Bangkok soon.

On the general topic, I noticed they have let out water from the canals where I am in Prathumthani. I guess they are preparing for what's on the way.

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yeh rainy season and predicted storms of course its raining.

•  

Jesus some daft questions on here ...

Iforbach

Just wondering why you guys are reading this thread if it bothers you….there must be something that interests you on this Forum

People have been talking about the weather for centuries….”nice day if it don’t rain”…”yes but it’s a dry heat”….”freeze the balls off a brass monkey”…etc etc!

Its just people with something in common passing time????

Don't have a cow Man

Edited by Kanada
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

1) Where is the water from Petchabun ultimately going to? Bangkok?

2) And what about Chaiyaphum's water? Is that going into Korat ? I just wonder if water will block that Esarn highway because I'd like to go to Surin from Bangkok soon.

On the general topic, I noticed they have let out water from the canals where I am in Prathumthani. I guess they are preparing for what's on the way.

Rivers mostly go to the sea so this water is heading that way. Some will get stuck in lakes and ponds etc along the way , or soak into the ground etc. What's left from these deductions will run into the gulf of Thailand.. 

On 9/25/2021 at 11:17 PM, Kwasaki said:

No problem with the Old City Historical Park where we live Muang Kao (Old city) if that's what you mean and it had never been affected the water in the park lake is still not full. 

There is lots of moats and ponds all around the area that are still not full where excess water would be sent if there were any danger of the park flooding. 

The local govt have done a great job over the years clearing out waterways.

Much the water seems to go down hill to New Sukhothai.

New Sukhothai?

Huh...?

5 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

New Sukhothai?

Huh...?

Where a town/city area whatever you want to call it was built later on because of the river access I guess.

Only know of the history of where I live where Siam and the Thai people established the the first Buddhist Kingdom in Siam.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Rivers mostly go to the sea so this water is heading that way. Some will get stuck in lakes and ponds etc along the way , or soak into the ground etc. What's left from these deductions will run into the gulf of Thailand.. 

Thanks for the answer. I get that but Korat and Chaiyaphum don't necessarily go toward Bangkok or the Thai seacoast. Some of this may or may not go through Esarn in the Mun river to Ubon and into the Mekong. I believe the Korat dam water will go that way now after talking to a friend but I'm not sure about the Chaiyaphum stuff. That could go the way of Saraburi towards the lower lands. If it doesn't it might cause a problem on route 2 like we've had in the past. I don't want to get stuck in traffic on my way to Surin.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, Kwasaki said:

No problem with the Old City Historical Park where we live Muang Kao (Old city) if that's what you mean and it had never been affected the water in the park lake is still not full. 

There is lots of moats and ponds all around the area that are still not full where excess water would be sent if there were any danger of the park flooding. 

The local govt have done a great job over the years clearing out waterways.

Much the water seems to go down hill to New Sukhothai.

That’s good news I live in Northern Chiang Mai province and over the years have taken many friends from overseas to visit.

I always ensure we are there on a Saturday night so we can visit in the “ dark” as well as daytime.

For me it’s a surreal experience not to be missed.

• Like 1