13 deaths and 12 cases of severe side effects after 8.2m Sinopharm inoculations

Jonathan Fairfield

14805539645466.jpeg

Of about 8.2 million people inoculated with China’s Sinopharm vaccine, 13 have died and 12 others suffered severe side effects, according to the Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA).

The royal academy, under the patronage of HRH Princess Chulabhorn, was the first agency to import the Sinopharm vaccine from China, as alternative to address the government’s shortage of vaccines.

According to the CRA’s information centre, of the 13 fatalities, 2 were linked to COVID-19 infection, 2 were due to myocardial ischemia, 2 suffered heart failure, 4 had other underlying diseases, 1 had untreated HIV, 1 suffered from cardiac arrhythmia and 1 suffered a cerebrovascular rupture.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/13-deaths-and-12-cases-of-severe-side-effects-after-8-2m-sinopharm-inoculations/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm still waiting for the hospital\Chulabhorn to register my two vaccinations so I get the 13 digit number for the app certificate, poor show so far

Did you register there with your yellow book or pink ID card? If yes, the 13 digit number will be the same.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Did you register there with your yellow book or pink ID card?

no but that shouldn't be a problem, they should issue a new 13 digit code for farang without thai ID.

Also I know of thai people with an issue with the app certificate after getting the Sinopharm jabs same as me

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope, i guess most falang don't, certainly the ones I know

Worth looking into it, had mine for, I think, 13 years, it comes with an ID number. Don't need residency letters, cost me 20bht, plus a drink for the head man of our area..????

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

don't you need a house or be married or something? condo not sufficient?

Yellow book is just proof of a farangs residence, just like a blue book is for Thais.

Don't have to be married, dunno about condos, but if it is where you live, then I can't see why not. Worth enquiring..

What governments of the world should have done, if they actually did care about people’s health: it’s so easy, this was their once in a lifetime chance to say it and make people listen — eat better, get 20 minutes of sun every day, eat a few goddam pieces of fruit everyday, exercise at least 20 minutes a day. They could have said something like “data shows following this plan reduces your risk of being severely infected with covid”… which is probably true, but even if it isn’t, who cares. 

Can you think of one goddam reason you didn’t hear a single government the world over say this? I mean, what exactly would have been the harm? I can think of plenty of reasons they would not, none of them any good. 

I remember when there were floods years ago in Thailand and I think it was one of the Thai generals had the idea of lining boats in the chao phraya river at full speed to “empty the water out of Bangkok”. Not the Thais finest moment. I can’t help but get a chuckle every single day that the majority of people right here in this forum agree!.. with Thai covid policy lol. They agree we should stay shut down, they agree with border closures… you’re on the side of the ones who wanted to ships in the chao phraya in this debate… my money is not on you, sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope, i guess most falang don't, certainly the ones I know

Some places like where I live its virtually impossible.

They wanted more and more paperwork.  Finally gave up after they wanted some obscure paper work from the embassy in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I live in Pattaya and I had my first Sinopharm vaccination at Sriracha City Hall last Thursday. It all cost me 2,200 baht for two injections (.. second vaccination in three weeks). My wife found the »Phyathai Hospital Sriracha« offer on a Facebook group. Was well organized; you could choose the date yourself. Previous side effects: none. 

gftrzfhtzt7e0j5.jpeg

Pattaya 

5 hours ago, zenobit said:

I live in Pattaya and I had my first Sinopharm vaccination at Sriracha City Hall last Thursday. It all cost me 2,200 baht for two injections

Pattaya have had a free double dose of Pfizer walk-in at Central Festival for a couple of months now.

17 hours ago, mikebell said:

Pattaya have had a free double dose of Pfizer walk-in at Central Festival for a couple of months now.

I know that, but I wanted a classic inactivated vaccine rather than an experimental mRNA vaccine for myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, zenobit said:

I know that, but I wanted a classic inactivated vaccine rather than an experimental mRNA vaccine for myself. 

I am beginning to think this is the route I may go down. After waiting, reading a lot about these vaccines I tend to agree with the 'inactivated' vaccine...in the old style. It will likely be useless outside SEA but I am not planning on going to a Western country for a while.....you see my parents live in Australia.....BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Not too keen on that Police State for a while. Lets see how this cookie crumbles. Treatments are starting to become more accepted. The story of Covid is changing by the week and sometimes by the day.