Video news: Local barbershop with stylish staff turns heads in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I used to go into that one in the 1990s when I worked in Pacific Place 1 & 2 just across the road from the barber shop. They always did a good job.

Now I use a local barber in the village ay 60 thb a pop. I give him 80 (20 for the search fee) plus 10 baht for each of his 2 kids.

Very much the same with the chap I use.  60 B takes 20 mins. and I give hime 20B tip. Ok when no one else there but one time a chap in the chair was having his ears saringed/surringed , most disgusting !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is quite astonishing, the power a set of large boobs have, whether real or fake. Some people lose their minds and fortunes over them. Been that way for centuries, if not milleniums. 

Anything more than a handful is a waste.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I was there the other day, haircut is pretty bad. They know how to do thai hair I guess, but not foreigner hairs. They speak not a single word of english either.

Are you a Brit or American? Did you tip?

On 9/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I was there the other day, haircut is pretty bad. They know how to do thai hair I guess, but not foreigner hairs. They speak not a single word of english either.

This is why is pays to know the Thai language, I know how to say a few different haircut styles in Thai.  

On 9/26/2021 at 6:36 PM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

So, take a picture of the style you like. Sometimes they have photos of different styles in the shop. As for not speaking English in Thailand- how many barbers in your country speak Thai?

• Haha 1

5555 - now that I know where it is, I may have to go for a haircut soon.

(I normally do it myself but have been going to the barber shops every so often just to give them a little business.) 

It's a fairly new shop (wasn't there in July 2020 according to Google). Probably why they had the "boob show" going, to attract customers.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:47 AM, jacko45k said:

If someone is in business in a predominantly foreign tourist area, I would expect some language skills to be of benefit. They are certainly NOT looking for Thai only custom.

I agree, businesses in tourist areas should have workers that are able to speak English, but this barber shop is located on Pattaya's Darkside, not a lot of tourists over here, just Thais and expats.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they don't care.

Agree, if a expat is too lazy or unable to learn enough Thai words to the point he (she) can't ask for a basic haircut they haven't earned the right to complain.

I've seen farangs tell barbers "nit noy" and think that explains the haircut they want ????????

• Like 1

Went by the place twice yesterday (going and coming). Was only about 30ish minutes apart. 

No customers seen the first time. Only one seen on the return trip. Was going to stop in on the return trip but ended up with a large bag of frozen meats that I wanted to get home and into the freezer more than I wanted to get a haircut.

Besides, the place I go to once in awhile on Soi Buakhao also has a woman with large "assets" that cuts hair for 100 baht. (She's a little plumper than the one in the video, but I'd say  prettier as well.)