ATM card malfunction

Just another reason I do my best to use ATMs attached to an actual bank and not a freestanding one at a 7-11, Tesco, etc, much easier to walk in and report the mishap ASAP,  and I keep the slips until I'm sure things are OK.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, skatewash said:

Krungsri Bank ATMs allow only up to 30,000 baht (the most of any Thai ATM) per withdrawal and charges 200 baht if you are using a foreign ATM card.

Well good in a perfect world if you live in populated area 70km drive to do that's then 70 km drive to get home to rural remote village 

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 2:50 PM, scubascuba3 said:

how about the branch where you used the ATM? they should have seen what notes were left end of day. 10 weeks later looks like you missed the boat

No branch where I live,just ATM next to 7/11 did all the reporting ect within 24 hrs of of it happening,my bank still saying there investigating but that's a standard answering 

15 hours ago, Hoppyone said:

No branch where I live,just ATM next to 7/11 did all the reporting ect within 24 hrs of of it happening,my bank still saying there investigating but that's a standard answering 

Hi,

I would get a bit more ' firm ' with them without losing your temper and point out its been 10 weeks and ask them is there any more information you can provide that will assist them. I would also state that 10 weeks is a long time to be waiting for investigations to be concluded and you could do with the funds! I would ' lay it on a bit thick ' to them ( short of money, sticky situation),. That's what I did.

When I asked my Cambodian bank for proof they had contacted the SCB bank and reference numbers, they sent me copies of emails. I then used the contacts at SCB bank they had written to and contacted the SCB bank direct. It's not how they like it, but I got my result.

Jesus, its only a few clicks on a computer to compare notes and check a computer log we are asking them to do, we are not asking them perform heart surgery!

Best of luck, it's bloody annoying when on the receiving end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

I would get a bit more ' firm ' with them without losing your temper and point out its been 10 weeks and ask them is there any more information you can provide that will assist them. I would also state that 10 weeks is a long time to be waiting for investigations to be concluded and you could do with the funds! I would ' lay it on a bit thick ' to them ( short of money, sticky situation),. That's what I did.

When I asked my Cambodian bank for proof they had contacted the SCB bank and reference numbers, they sent me copies of emails. I then used the contacts at SCB bank they had written to and contacted the SCB bank direct. It's not how they like it, but I got my result.

Jesus, its only a few clicks on a computer to compare notes and check a computer log we are asking them to do, we are not asking them perform heart surgery!

Best of luck, it's bloody annoying when on the receiving 

Just now, Hoppyone said:
5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

Expand  

Ok good work, I've done all that  except proof of there follow up but will do Cheers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 12:49 PM, Hoppyone said:

Ok good work, I've done all that  except proof of there follow up but will do Cheers 

On 9/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, Hoppyone said:
On 9/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

Expand  

I finally after 12 weeks of getting dicked around by Westpac put a official complaint to Australian Financial Complaint Authority within 3 days I got contacted by Westpac full of apologies, the offered my money to be returned as well as a goodwill offer of $500 Aus , so all ended well as I received money in my account today

• Like 2