Thailand’s Vaccine Stockpile Will Reach 125 Million Doses by the End of the Year

webfact

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I've read several different versions of this "story" where the minister was pontificating at Friday's vaccina-palooza, and all are a bit different. 

I think the 125 mm figure includes any/all vaccines from Feb onwards, the bulk of which are due in Q4. And he now refers to vaccines as inactivated (sinopharm, sinovac and AZ) or mRNA. And he lumps different vaccines into different categories on a whim. Not sure if he's just incapable of comprehending the details, or is deliberately obfuscating the facts to perpetuate a more positive view? Probably just incompetence.

This is the most recent chart I have...I think a large-ish order for sinopharm was placed since this was publsihed.

1670186937_data29aug7.png.f9e6f04b2251c92e69c281633b4fa43e.png

Latest one published today https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/270964.pdf

data 27 sept 5.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

50 countries accept Sinovac and Sinopharm. Not every travellers want to go to EU or USA.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-list-of-eu-countries-accepting-sinovac-vaccine-as-proof-of-immunity-for-entry/

Well that solves that then!!! Just dont go to anywhere in EU or USA....All those exchange students that want world class educations in English can just stay here, or maybe go to Laos? I like your thinking.

• Haha 2

BREAKING NEWS; THAILAND TO WAIVE QUARANTINE FOR THISE FULLY VACCINATED TOURISTS. ALSO;

Pending Cabinet approval, Thailand will seek to buy 2.79 million doses of the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccines and 165,000 AstraZeneca shots from Spain and 400,000 AstraZeneca doses sourced from Hungary, a spokesperson said.

NOW AM CONFUSED!!!????????????????

1 hour ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Well that solves that then!!! Just dont go to anywhere in EU or USA....All those exchange students that want world class educations in English can just stay here, or maybe go to Laos? I like your thinking.

Those exchange students not likely to do much thinking. Their parents are cash strapped from the economic effects of the pandemic, geo-political tension, increase attacks of Asians and growing conservative anger towards foreigners. Vaccines passport for international student is just one challenge. Western international education will have to do the thinking from declining foreign students enrollment for years and seeing their cash cow looking shaky.   

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong sentence

I get that pessimism persists by many posters on here.Can't blame 'em after what's transpired the past 20 months.I prefer though to take an optimistic view ,glass half full as it were.There is a light at the end of the tunnel,it won't be long till Thailand opens up,when it does (and it will bank on it) my wife and I look forward to returning to the LoS with one small caveat...no quarantine,freedom to go where and when we choose.Cheers

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Never a good idea to stockpile vaccines, as they can only be stored for a small amount of time.

yes, exactly, they have an expiry date immaterial whether kept in a freezer or not !   

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

At best they can administer one million per day... I hope the shelf life holds up to that?

Do get your facts correct when taking cheap shots. 1.44 million in a day.

minimum of 6 months (182 days) storage, apart from J&J which is 2 years (730 days) 

the minimum 6 months applies due to the emergency use nature of authorisation and is likely to be extended once sufficient time has past to allow more tests.

So even if there we’re actually 125 million in storage (there probably won’t be as they are being distributed quickly) and the vaccination rate dropped to half the maximum 6 months is easy

23 hours ago, dyertribe said:

Why are they stockpiling them - get them into peoples arms.

That would be the logical move, instead of patting yourself on the back and bringing unneeded attention to yourself.

Ramp up the vaccine program.....these vaccines have a short shelf life.

On the plus side, does seem to be increasing of the percentage of vaccinated - coming along, slow but sure.

14 hours ago, VBF said:

Plus, people getting infected now are much less likely to become seriously sick / be hospitalised

I see hospital admissions are turning around in the UK.... I do hope there is more behind this than some change in NHS policy. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I see hospital admissions are turning around in the UK.... I do hope there is more behind this than some change in NHS policy. 

A related side note of interest: Has anyone noticed the handful of countries that are in the 50-70 percentile vaccination rate are also currently suffering from a continuous high rate of cases and deaths? 

4 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

If Thailand has such a large stock pile of vaccine... Why the hell aren't the getting people jabbed.. 

For hopefully the last time, Thailand does not have a 'large stock pile' of vaccines that it is sitting on, and certainly not 125 million.  The headline touting 125 million vaccines 'stockpiled' was misleading.   Thailand has struggled all year to find vaccines and has never had any to 'stockpile'.  As the vaccines have arrived, they have been used.  Some vaccines were temporarily kept in reserve for required second jabs. 

Reuters says Thailand will have received 120 million vaccines by the end of 2021.  This figure includes the large number of vaccines already received and already used in the vaccine program.  The headline should have said Thailand  is expected to have received, by the end of the year, a total of 125 million vaccine doses in 2021.  (Or 120 million if you prefer the tally by Reuters.)

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, newnative said:

There's not 125 million doses stockpiled.  

Yep your right, They might have ordered 125 million but they do not currently have a stockpile of 125 mil doses . More BS and spin from this government

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure what you mean by "turning around" ???

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They had been heading upwards 10 or so days ago, but now daily admissions on a 7 day basis have been going down for several days. 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Gotcha - thanks ????(Early here when I replied - only on coffee No 3)

What still annoys me is this "Deaths within 28 days of positive test" includes people who happened to have Covid, not necessarily died from it, rather died with it.

Still, let's be pleased that the numbers are heading in the right direction. I don't think NHS is fudging numbers but.........

Edited by VBF

31 minutes ago, VBF said:

What still annoys me is this "Deaths within 28 days of positive test" includes people who happened to have Covid, not necessarily died from it, rather died with it.

I think there is another listing where Covid is on the death certificate... which is a bigger number by the way.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

It is important how the numbers change rather than being strict on how it is determined. I watch that one too (deaths), as it should fall with hospital admissions. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1