Thailand’s Vaccine Stockpile Will Reach 125 Million Doses by the End of the Year

webfact

fa0d99d10cb861df683dd82f2ab710a1_small.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has revealed that Thailand’s vaccine stockpile will top 125 million doses by the end of the year as vaccination picks up pace across all segments of the population.

Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said security of vaccine supply and a steady rate of vaccinations were essential for restarting the economy. The nationwide inoculation drive is speeding up as more vaccine arrives and the rollout will be accelerated to cover all population segments so the country can return to normality.

He said the first shots now covered 44.45% of the population and 57.44% of the target groups. A total of 16.6 million people, or 23.9% of the population, have received two shots. COVID-19 vaccinations in Thailand have surpassed 50 million doses after a record 1.44 million were administered on Friday.

Meanwhile, Thai ambassador to the United States, H.E. Manasvi Srisodapol, said US authorities will call a meeting of the Thai-US working group next week, to discuss how to proceed with the US donation of an additional million doses of vaccines to Thailand. Previously, the group met to discuss the delivery of the first batch of 1.5 million doses donated by the US.

nnt.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Public Health has revealed that Thailand’s vaccine stockpile will top 125 million doses by the end of the year

At best they can administer one million per day... I hope the shelf life holds up to that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Makes you wonder why the stock-pile and not getting onto people.

It probably means recieved.

USA and Japan have been donating and supplying some of there doses to other countries, as people are refusing to take vaccines in America and Japan. Quantity I do not know.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Public Health has revealed that Thailand’s vaccine stockpile will top 125 million doses by the end of the year

I've read several different versions of this "story" where the minister was pontificating at Friday's vaccina-palooza, and all are a bit different. 

I think the 125 mm figure includes any/all vaccines from Feb onwards, the bulk of which are due in Q4. And he now refers to vaccines as inactivated (sinopharm, sinovac and AZ) or mRNA. And he lumps different vaccines into different categories on a whim. Not sure if he's just incapable of comprehending the details, or is deliberately obfuscating the facts to perpetuate a more positive view? Probably just incompetence.

This is the most recent chart I have...I think a large-ish order for sinopharm was placed since this was publsihed.

1670186937_data29aug7.png.f9e6f04b2251c92e69c281633b4fa43e.png

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

It's a long way to 70%. And a significant proportion have probably gotten the Chinese stuff, that might prove to be completely worthless. 

yep, according to TNN in their daily report, almost half of those jabbed so far are with Chinese vaccines.  Some have now gotten a 3rd shot and some even a 4th shot.  Hopefully, the new free shipment from the US of Pfizer will go to school kids around the country and not just to BKK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Apart from the issues raised in earlier posts - what is the expiry date of all these vaccines?  Several months ago there was a report that Hong Kong was giving away millions of China-made vaccines, because their expiry date was approaching and not many people in Hong Kong wanted the China-made vaccines.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

Apart from the issues raised in earlier posts - what is the expiry date of all these vaccines?  Several months ago there was a report that Hong Kong was giving away millions of China-made vaccines, because their expiry date was approaching and not many people in Hong Kong wanted the China-made vaccines.

There written on the bottle in crayon.