Thailand reports daily low of COVID-19 cases

webfact

Majority of Bangkok students want a Covid jab: governor

Most students in schools run by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) are ready to take Pfizer jabs, Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Monday.

He said this during a meeting with education-related agencies like the Education Ministry and Office of the Basic Education Commission. The agencies had met to discuss the October 4 launch of a vaccination drive in Bangkok for students aged between 12 and 17.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006749

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its always positive news when the brutal effects of this latest wave wanes, but there are still very high numbers of cases each day, the hospitals burden is still high and deaths remain at an unacceptable level especially for the priority groups who were not vaccinated in time.

If cases go up again I would imagine the comments will also reflect that. Here's the latest situation in Thailand analysis from WHO:

"The number of laboratory-confirmed community COVID-19 cases reported is the lowest for more than two-months with the trend in declining cases continuing for nearly 6-weeks. This is welcome, however with an average of more than 13,000 case still being reported each day, there is a long way still to go with more than four-times higher number of cases currently reported on average than the average for the month of June (2,941 cases per day) during the height of the 3rd wave."

https://www.who.int/thailand/emergencies/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

The WHO. Well no credibility with me that's for sure. The head of their investigation team into the origins of this has direct ties with the Wuhan Lab. The WHO is not independent. Remember that. This rubbish justifies and supports the lies and deception of this administration of Thailand. Fan boys think it's true, religious people think god exists but the fact is reality doesn't support delusion.

Edited by dinsdale

24 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The WHO. Well no credibility with me that's for sure. The head of their investigation team into the origins of this has direct ties with the Wuhan Lab. The WHO is not independent. Remember that. This rubbish justifies and supports the lies and deception of this administration of Thailand. Fan boys think it's true, religious people think god exists but the fact is reality doesn't support delusion.

Intriguing accusation and insinuation. WHO is an agency of the UN. You think UN has been compromised? Largest fund contributor to WHO is USA with the rest from mainly western countries. Certainly WHO is not independent. That’s the fact and don’t support your delusion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Intriguing accusation and insinuation. WHO is an agency of the UN. You think UN has been compromised? Largest fund contributor to WHO is USA with the rest from mainly western countries. Certainly WHO is not independent. That’s the fact and don’t support your delusion. 

WHO believed the CCP lies and allowed this virus to spread globally. You want to believe CCP propaganda that's up to you.

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hmm... whitch number we should believe!?

704982985_Screenshot2021-09-28at09_53_52.png.d1f42202a7e86493d48564ccf4a76eb3.png

I queried the exact same thing a couple of days ago, when the Authorities were saying they had vaccinated over 1 Million in a single Day.

The MOPH official Data showed only 2/3 rds of that number at about 640K if I am recalling it correctly.

• Like 1

#COVID19 #Thailand update on Tuesday:

9,489 cases (+10 from abroad)

129 deaths (1.06% mortality rate)

116,711 patients in care

3,283 in ICU and 738 on ventilators

12,805 discharged from care

734,597 vaccinated

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1442769618636992513

Today there were 129 deaths in #Thailand

65 males & 64 females

Burmese (3), Cambodian (2), Chinese (1), Iranian (1)

Age range is 25-96 years

74% of deaths aged 60+

Most deaths in Bangkok (25)

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1442763200689098759

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

WHO believed the CCP lies and allowed this virus to spread globally. You want to believe CCP propaganda that's up to you.

What exactly are the lies that WHO spread. Please do provide some sort of evidence as you seem to have some inside information that none has. 

• Like 1

The following figures should be interesting (actually there is nothing new to be seen here, but people doggedly continue to show graphs of cases only). They show confirmed cases (PCR only), deaths and vaccination rate for (from to to bottom) Thailand, Indonesia, Germany and UK. I have chosen Indonesia because it has an even lower testing regime than Thailand (see ourworldindata.com), has relatively low vaccination coverage and uses Sinovac and AZ to a large extent.  Germany and UK are two examples of countries with extensive testing and high vaccination coverage. Data are from https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps which to some extent is more useful than worldometer and the like. For Thailand I have also included the hard data (the 2nd fig) from the same source.

Graphs of deaths closely follow those of cases with a 1-3 week interval. The death rate often decreases a bit faster than the case rate. This may be due to vaccination but in the case of the UK it also happened during the end 2020/early 2021 wave when few vaccinations had been performed. There can be many reasons: enhanced testing may detect more asymptotic cases (which will often not result in death), people may report to a hospital earlier after cases shoot up, etc. With high vaccination coverage, the case fatality rate (CFR) decreases drastically and the death curves tend to be much more flat.

Morale: comparing cases vs deaths is useful; if the curves look completely different there is potentially something wrong (example: cases go down rapidly but deaths stay at a plateau for a long time. Is it still possible to fake data even when death viz case curves look OK. Of course, people who do that are well aware of what I have written in the preceding two paragraphs. You could just scale the 'true' data, for instance by dividing them by two or whatever. In the end, the excess deaths should give some crude indication whether the death numbers are realistic. In August, for instance, excess deaths in Thailand were more than twice as high as reported deaths with COVID (cannot find the reference at the moment).

Then there is the 'thailand has a low testing rate so that is one of the reasons it is still on the UK red list' crowd. Well, for instance Bangladesh and Pakistan were taking off the red list though their testing rates (per capita) are 3-4 fold lower than in Thailand (data from ourworldindata.com). The testing rate is only meaningful when it is related to the positive rate and these were less than 5% for Bangladesh and Pakistan and much higher for Thailand (ourworldindata.com). There are probably also political factors, i.e. there are lots of East Asians in the UK. Of course, Thailand could bring the positive rate down by testing more but this would also increase the case count/capita, which is another factor (and again these were low for Bangladesh/Pakistan). It would help to control the spread of the virus.  

Thailand

1200493048_Thailandcases-deaths-vacc.jpg.b51779139c592680bb1369fd2cf5bca8.jpg 

773841178_Thailandactualcases-deaths.jpg.bc0c4b24c4faf4c87843c229cfc5e38c.jpg

Indonesia

1399152987_Indonesiacases-deaths-vacc.jpg.d81a551b2042f02acf3b010c16638b0b.jpg

Germany

561667076_Germany-cases-deaths-vacc.jpg.150fe561862756e052db038aacd63ccb.jpg  

UK

390182052_UKcases-deaths-vacc.jpg.c968777500bddb52f8fc113ec2149764.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What exactly are the lies that WHO spread. Please do provide some sort of evidence as you seem to have some inside information that none has. 

I'm sorry you can't understand my language. I didn't say the WHO spread lies I said they were complicit in the spread of the virus globally. I said the CCP lied. My post....

"WHO believed the CCP lies and allowed this virus to spread globally. You want to believe CCP propaganda that's up to you."

Where do I say the WHO spread lies.

Please don't take my quotes out of context or misrepresent what I said.

Thank you.

Edited by dinsdale

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 129 deaths in #Thailand

65 males & 64 females

Burmese (3), Cambodian (2), Chinese (1), Iranian (1)

Age range is 25-96 years

74% of deaths aged 60+

Most deaths in Bangkok (25)

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1442763200689098759

26% under 60. This seems to be around the range we are seeing daily. Younger people are being taken by by delta. If anyone can compare this with earlier variants I would be appreciative. I've looked but can't find a breakdown of deaths vis a vis variants.

56 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What the op says about the investigation team is 100 percent spot on. Fact. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

What the op says about the investigation team is 100 percent spot on. Fact. 

The WHO mission leader Peter Ben Embarek and team member Marion Koopmans also praised China’s cooperation during the 4 week investigation. Follows by saying that it’s “extremely unlikely” that SARS-CoV-2 originated in the Chinese lab and the team would not investigate that hypothesis further. That’s the fact too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The WHO mission leader Peter Ben Embarek and team member Marion Koopmans also praised China’s cooperation during the 4 week investigation. Follows by saying that it’s “extremely unlikely” that SARS-CoV-2 originated in the Chinese lab and the team would not investigate that hypothesis further. That’s the fact too. 

Well you believe what you want. I think you will find that documents and files have been destroyed or erased. Access was not allowed for more than a year. If you call this cooperation well nothing more to say.  You want to push the CCP line I think you will need to back it up. The initial team said what you are pushing and as we know led by someone with vested interests and hence has been as I said recused from the investigatig committee and therefore any conclusions made by the initial team must be null and void. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Thanks for the links. However your links are rather dated from Jan to June. Dr. Ben Embarek’s investigation was more current and he made his remark on 12 Aug. You can read his remark that was a departure from earlier comment by WHO.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/head-of-who-team-investigating-origins-of-covid-19-calls-for-closer-look-at-china-lab-11628807623

Look at the last link which puts it into perspective.  What I gave was a timeline for your edification.  Last link was from this past July. China was anything but cooperative in the investigation and is still rebuffing them.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Thailand Targets Indian Tourists to Make Up for Missing Chinese

(Bloomberg) -- Thailand is looking to attract Indian travelers during the traditional holiday season to boost its tourism-reliant economy that’s been hit hard by the absence of mass holidaymakers from countries including China.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/thailand-targets-indian-tourists-to-make-up-for-missing-chinese-1.1658379

Visitors relax on the beach and in the sea at Bangsaen Beach in Chonburi, Thailand, on Sunday, June 14, 2020. Thailand said a number of countries, including China and Japan, are interested in discussions about travel bubbles, as the nation considers protocols for the eventual return of foreign tourists. Local tourism has already restarted.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Thats all you quoted.See below. And after a full explanation from another more helpful poster. 

My mistake. Three words were obviously enough. Apologies. "No. It's obvious." This being in response to ATK numbers not being added to the obviously false new daily infection numbers. My bad. By the way can you tell us why ATK numbers aren't included. I don't believe I've actually seen a reason for this.

6 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Why are they not including the ATK tests?

They do this to make things look better than they are. Very childish and unprofessional in my opinion. All about making themselves look better than what they are. This runs throughout Thai society as a whole.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand is on red lists for a reason, so those in the know obviously don't believe them either ????

Thailand are on the UK's red list; yesterday there were more than 30,000 new cases in the UK and the number is rising as Summer ends. Who is being protected from whom?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

????Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Sept. 28, 2021)

About 27.82% of the population is fully vaccinated. 31,811,342 (+218,818) people have received the first dose, while 18,414,417 (+484,278) have been fully inoculated. 

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1442790731077218309?s=19

20210928_181928.jpg

It would be really nice to see a breakdown into what vaccines. I went to change my jab location a couple of days ago and there were lots of people from Myanmar and they were all getting jabbed with Chinese juice.