Pattaya: If only they'd listened to the Japanese it might not be in this mess!

webfact

Fascinating history of The World Class Resort'. I visited there in 1979 and it was like the rest of Thailand ... a total wild west show (todays got zero on how wild it was then). I was young, dumb, untravelled and was lucky I upon didn't die there, in Bangkok or in Chiang Mai for that matter actually. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elkski said:
8 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Avg. IQ for Japanese is 105, and the, er, uhm....

I think I'll stop there.

I don't believe this .   Their engineers are quite good and incredibly thorough and documentation is top shelf.   Fukushima aside!!

It sounds like they had a good plan for pats

Thank you for your reply.....

Now everyone on this site has insight into your I.Q., too. ???? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I take exception to calling Walking Street "seedy". Compared to actual seedy places I have visited it's not at all seedy, but quite sedate and moderate in tone.

Well, after dark, use a UV (black light) flashlight on the street, tables, chairs, door knobs, and beer glasses....

you'll probably be fine calling the place seedy. ????

1 hour ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Exactly.  No one will be flying half-way around the world for anything less than what was on offer before.  It was the promise of ladies, beer, and a general sense of freedom in a warm climate that brought so many here before.  Now, the only thing that remains is the climate... not looking so good for Pattaya.

Just a reminder that the majority of the visitors to Pattaya in 2019 did not fly 'half-way around the world' to visit.  They took shorter plane rides from China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, and other Asian countries.  And, a large number, domestic visitors, took no plane ride at all.   It will be interesting to see how things go once Thailand and Pattaya fully open up.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Deli said:

Now they don't only listen to the Chinese commies, they obey

You must be scared to go to bed at night Deli....in case the Reds are underneath it. 

Mad statements like that--Sort of takes me back to the 1950s

Of course your have a long list of Orders that the Chinese Goverment  ordered the Thais to implement. .......or else........

Look forward to reading them...................:coffee1:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

Listen to someone else how to run their country? Thai people don't do that, listen to others in a national matters,way too proud to do that...

And they mock their neighbours in a smug superior way.  Thais view Laos as its inferior despite them having vaccinated more % of their population.  Myanmar is where their slaves come from.  And farangs are merely 'dirty'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

You must be scared to go to bed at night Deli....in case the Reds are underneath it. 

Mad statements like that--Sort of takes me back to the 1950s

Of course your have  long list of Orders that the Chinese Goverment  ordered the Thais to implement. .......or else........

Look forward to reading them...................:coffee1:

Won't waste my time one you and others who follow blindfolded the dear leader.

• Confused 1