Certificate of Entry

I am a PR living in Chiang Mai. When and if Chiang Mai (supposedly November 1) opens and fully vaccinated (I have two AZ vaccinations), people do not need to enter quarantine, I would like to go to Europe for a short while (app. 2 weeks). Will a CoE still be necessary and if so, can one obtain one here before leaving on holiday. Obviously, as a PR holder, I have a reentry visa and a stamp on my PR book allowing me to leave and return within 12 months.

Your views and advice would be greatly appreciated

59 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

What's so difficult about it? 1st form with basic information. Once approved (which can be in a little as few hours) you have about 2 weeks to complete the 2nd form with flight details and ASQ hotel confirmation. If you submit all necessary details/ attachments correctly you get the final approval (again, can be in just few hours) 

Tend to agree. Got one for my first trip to Thailand early this year and cannot remember that it was such a big pain. Then again, I'm quite used to a bit of admin....

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 3:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

I am sure you will still need a COE to enter the country. You could apply for it before leaving to get the pre approval and then finish it after you arrive in your destination country. 

COE application site is here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

You will also need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance. As a PR holder you should only need 30 days of it from the day you enter the country.

Have you checked to see if your AZ vaccinations will be accepted by the country you will be traveling to. Some may not accept the AZ vaccinations produced here.

Does a non immigrant B visa holder with work permit , require also  only a 30 day  100,000 covid insurance ?

6 minutes ago, Falang in Thailand said:

Does a non immigrant B visa holder with work permit , require also  only a 30 day  100,000 covid insurance ?

That is only for a person with permanent residency.

You will need covid 19 insurance valid for your the length of stay you will get on entry to the country.

For a new non-b visa it would be 90 days. If on a extension of stay based upon working it would have to be valid to the day your re-entry permit expires.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cape said:

And that insurance that you'll never need as you're fully vaccinated and in good health.

A friend of mine checked several travel insurance options in his country. Price range was about $2/day for a coverage of up to $5m for ANY type of medical issue (hospitalization), including Covid, so not really a big deal/addition for a trip to Thailand.

Also, many travel insurance have the option to shorten the coverage period so even if your tickets show a stay of 90 days and you have to take a 90 days insurance (for about $180) you can cancel it after the quarantine period if you want.

Oh, and being vaxed doesn't mean you can't get infected and even need hospitalization for Covid. 

• Like 1