Phuket Sandbox island quarantine reduced to seven days

webfact

1632850387_1-org.jpg

The notice shared online by Phuket officials last night (Sept 28). Image: Royal Thai Embassy Canberra)

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: From this Friday (Oct 1), people wanting to enter Thailand through the Phuket Sandbox scheme will be able to apply for a Certificate of Entry that will require them to spend only seven days under “island quarantine” instead of 14 days.

The news was announced by Phuket officials last night (Sept 28), by sharing a post online by the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, Australia.

The post, in English, read, “From 1 October 2021, the following quarantine period applies for entry into Thailand:

Planning to visit Phuket? Book your Sandbox hotel here

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sandbox-island-quarantine-reduced-to-seven-days-81546.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-29

• Sad 1

You would have to be a mug to book that now when they want to relax it even more on the 1st November. Bet all the people who have paid for the 3 PCR test in advance and 14 days hotel stays are unhappy campers. In Thailand, the word refund is untranslatable. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smedly said:

So the zero quarantine proposed Nov 1st does in fact mean NO SHA hotel required 

would it not be prudent to tell people 4 weeks in advance 

The entire SHA+ procedure has been utter rubbish and completely useless from the very 1st moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mlkik said:

I have declined the accomodation refund as I want to stay in Phuket for the full 14 days before returning home to Udon.

Not sure if a negative PCR test will be required before travelling up to Udon so as of yet I am still going to have the 3rd test but am able to have that refunded if under the new rules it is not needed.

Me too. Cant be arsed to change/ cancel and rebook flights etc. Thaismile website has a chart showing that testing before arrival is not required for Udon.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I will be traveling abroad with my Thai girlfriend. If we come back to Thailand via the Phuket Sandbox, can we share a SHA+ hotel room, or do we have to stay in 2 rooms?

Yes you can share but will pay for 2 people.