Shipping a laptop domestically in Thailand?

johnthelegend

I have a Macbook air waiting for me in another province and I'd like to get it shipped to my current location. 

However, it looks from online reports like Kerry is unreliable and you can only insure up to 2000 baht.

Thai Post I don't trust at all. 

And DHL, TNT, Fedex, UPS—It looks like none of them ship domestically. 

Kerry seems like the best option but if they bang it up or "lose" it, I'm SOL. 

Any ideas?

I never had any problem with Kerry. I think their service is fine.

As for Thailand Post, I would use their EMS. You can pay for add-on insurance for values up to 50,000 baht. 

If you wrap the parcel securely, with padding, there should be no problem with "banging it up".

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, bbko said:

Seems like your information on DHL domestic shipping is wrong:  https://www.dhl.com/th-en/home/our-divisions/ecommerce/shipping/domestic-shipping.html

I am under the impression that DHL only allows domestic shipping in Thailand for relatively high-volume businesses not individuals.  Do you know differently?

For example, clicking on "Get a Quote" on the site you reference leads to this:

https://www.dhl.com/th-en/home/our-divisions/ecommerce/customer-service/contact-ecommerce-business-get-a-quote.html

Edited by skatewash

On 10/3/2021 at 11:37 PM, skatewash said:

I am under the impression that DHL only allows domestic shipping in Thailand for relatively high-volume businesses not individuals.  Do you know differently?

For example, clicking on "Get a Quote" on the site you reference leads to this:

https://www.dhl.com/th-en/home/our-divisions/ecommerce/customer-service/contact-ecommerce-business-get-a-quote.html

This week I received a DHL parcel from Melbourne. 10 days from Melbourne to me up here in Nakon Nowhere.

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

This week I received a DHL parcel from Melbourne. 10 days from Melbourne to me up here in Nakon Nowhere.

Yes, but unless there's a Melbourne in Thailand that would have been an international delivery, right?  I don't think DHL is doing domestic deliveries (unless you are a relatively high volume business doing multiple shipments per day).  For example, I need to send something to my embassy in Bangkok from Phuket and they will only accept deliveries from DHL or EMS (Thai Post).  I have tried to get a quote from DHL but without success (basically, getting the message about needing a business account to ship domestically).  So I will be using EMS instead.

5 hours ago, skatewash said:

Yes, but unless there's a Melbourne in Thailand that would have been an international delivery, right?  I don't think DHL is doing domestic deliveries (unless you are a relatively high volume business doing multiple shipments per day).  For example, I need to send something to my embassy in Bangkok from Phuket and they will only accept deliveries from DHL or EMS (Thai Post).  I have tried to get a quote from DHL but without success (basically, getting the message about needing a business account to ship domestically).  So I will be using EMS instead.

I've sent numerous items via EMS, Thai post. Never a problem.

• Like 1