Boat which sank on Chao Phraya River yesterday has been located

snoop1130

FCBF596F-DF30-4F1D-AFD3-D1DB9531D7C8-768x460.jpeg

Rescue officials have found the submerged wreckage of the boat which capsized yesterday on the Chao Phraya-Pasak River, in front of Phanan Choeng Worawihan Temple in Ayutthaya, and divers are still searching for two missing people.

According to Thai PBS reporters, the brother of the missing woman has identified the location of the boat, which is 50 metres from where the boat foundered.

He got permission from the Marine Department and rescue officials to use two tugboats to comb the river until he found what believes is the vessel on the river bed.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/boat-which-sank-on-chao-phraya-river-yesterday-has-been-located/

Logo-top-.png

On 10/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, bobandyson said:

My first reaction when seeing something like this would be to STOP filming and look to see if there was anything I could do to help. 

Not everyone is as big a hero as you are, unfortunately.  What would you have done to assist averting this disaster in the 10 seconds you'd have had before it sinks when you weren't equipped for a capsising tug boat to be suddenly heading towards you?   Perhaps she did stop filming when the video stops.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

The boat was caught where the Chao Phraya and Pasak rivers converge , the excessive volume of water caused the tugboat to capsize.

Full speed in reverse while attempting a tight turn played no part then?

My (limited) experience driving boats was that reverse was extremely dangerous under all conditions.