Antigen tests kits can now be sold in shops and online

snoop1130

1 hour ago, ebean001 said:

in the USA, up to 80,000 die each year from the flu. maybe down to 60,000. i think the main thing about the flu is it dies out in the summer. Also, the world does not seem to care about all these deaths. USA provides vaccines good for the year but not enough get the shots. even if they did, the flu seems to come back each year. CDC in USA seems they like huge funds from the gov but does not do much is my opinion. Covid is not going to stop unless people stop from getting it. each person is responsible to prevent themselves from getting the virus. A person who gets it, in some cases, (not all)  has failed society...again, in some cases. they have kept it going. nothing will stop it. not even the summer months. We have to stop it  or the deaths will continue. 

Just wondering what the percentage of lives don’t end with death?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The general public, shops and companies are allowed to purchase kits which have been authorised by the TFDA directly from manufacturers and importers. The kits which are approved can be verified through the TFDA’s website or through its QR code.

Dr. Paisal also advised the public to note the Thai labelling when purchasing the kits, which says “Allowed for use by the general public”, to ensure sure that they get quality test kits.

So you're allowed to only buy the quality kits authorised by TFDA and no doubt at a quality price rather than the generically cheaper ones.

15 hours ago, internationalism said:

still, bulk buying at large pharmacy will assure we don't run out of them, when they are most needed in the next wave.

I got my 25 tests for 1975b. Some people are forced to buy at around 250b if bought by single

My wife wanted to buy ONE at a local pharmacy and they insisted she buy a box of 25 so she declined.

I've seen single kits available in another pharmacy for Baht 350.

I also had a link to buy online which worked out at Baht 18 (yes eighteen) each for bulk but didn't bother with it.

56 minutes ago, internationalism said:

yes, I do have large family, but I have also told my neighbours and friends, if they need ATK in emergency I have them to hand out. 

I am going to be tested with them around every week, so will last me for max 25 weeks.

They are named Lepu, you can search on them how decent are they. I have told my trusted pharmacist I need the cheapest bulk order and the best quality. Probably she has many another brands. Judging by price is not good enough - in europe atk's are for less than euro and even you can get them free from pharmacies in limited quantity. Schools and factories are handling them 2x per week to all

ok interesting info, they seem legit (chinese, some would object, but ok for me). To test every week? wow. I would not test without symptoms, but yes if I need an official test before flying I would try one at home first just to avoid unpleasant surprises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ebean001 said:

in the USA, up to 80,000 die each year from the flu. maybe down to 60,000. i think the main thing about the flu is it dies out in the summer. Also, the world does not seem to care about all these deaths. USA provides vaccines good for the year but not enough get the shots. even if they did, the flu seems to come back each year. CDC in USA seems they like huge funds from the gov but does not do much is my opinion. Covid is not going to stop unless people stop from getting it. each person is responsible to prevent themselves from getting the virus. A person who gets it, in some cases, (not all)  has failed society...again, in some cases. they have kept it going. nothing will stop it. not even the summer months. We have to stop it  or the deaths will continue. 

Covid 19 has overshadowed the death by flu. Each year i get the flu shot for flu season …winter months.  Ironically because of covid and the protective measures being used ….masks washing hands, socially distancing the flu was less a problem for the elderly. Both are viral infections and prevention or death are key to vaccines and common sense 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aatsi said:

Can peoples go with this tests to public places, happenings, mall, bars, restaurant, aeroplane or is this just for check if have covid or not? 

Utterly, totally beyond belief that after almost 2 years of the world's most invasive pandemic there are still people who don't understand what's going on, and that vaccinated people can still get Covid and be carriers and infect others.

Edited by robsamui
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, fangless said:

If you have had two vaccinations and have the certificates etc to prove it  do you need or have a use for theses tests?

This is meant as a serious question, not as sarcasm!

I think this is what my GF is getting me for my birthday?

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Paisal also advised the public to note the Thai labelling when purchasing the kits, which says “Allowed for use by the general public”, to ensure sure that they get quality test kits.

Yes, I always look for Thai labeling as my guarantee of quality.

• Haha 2

Just for the sake of argument, this is a "movement" in America that offers opposing views and opinions backed by science.

The TRUTH about COVID, Mask Mandates, Government Shutdowns, etc (timetofreeamerica.com)

Makes 1 wonder just how much information released by "Government" is panic, reaction, money, power and truth.

No, I'm not a learned scientist nor am I a conspiracy theorist. I'm just another guy whose life was upended by the apparent release of a virus from China that caused the world to freak out.

Nothing in the article says why or how buying and using this test will return some semblance of normalcy to my life.

Seems to me that the only way "testing" would be 100% effective is if there were testing/screening devices created and installed at the entrance and exit of absolutely everything. Testing 3 days before a flight, for example, does preclude same said person from contracting and carrying the virus home from the store they stop at on the way home from the test. *Sigh* 

17 hours ago, robsamui said:

Utterly, totally beyond belief that after almost 2 years of the world's most invasive pandemic there are still people who don't understand what's going on, and that vaccinated people can still get Covid and be carriers and infect others.

Yes, only yesterday up came that old chestnut that masks are useless, because the virus is under a micron in size and can fly through the material of a mask like a wasp through chicken wire! And some who think it is all a conspiracy to control the people and the vaccination will kill you. It takes all types to fill a world, but far too many seem to be from Pluto. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 10:27 AM, internationalism said:

yes, I do have large family, but I have also told my neighbours and friends, if they need ATK in emergency I have them to hand out. 

I am going to be tested with them around every week, so will last me for max 25 weeks.

They are named Lepu, you can search on them how decent are they. I have told my trusted pharmacist I need the cheapest bulk order and the best quality. Probably she has many another brands. Judging by price is not good enough - in europe atk's are for less than euro and even you can get them free from pharmacies in limited quantity. Schools and factories are handling them 2x per week to all

I also have the Lepu ATK (Colloidal gold) , I don't see anywhere on it that it says "made in China" , I just see the company names , yes , one is in Beijing the other is in The Netherlands.   everyone who wants one is given two test kits per person free, when you use them just bring them to "the guy" and get two more.