Conveyancer (real estate lawyer) for property purchase in Bangkok. Recommendations?

I'm a retired ex-pat currently looking to buy a condo in central Bangkok or house/land in east Bangkok. Can anyone recommend a conveyancer (real estate lawyer) to assist me with the legal requirements?

If I buy a house/land then I will need help with a 30-year-lease-plus-extension(s) as the land will be in my partner's name.

Would be a bonus if such lawyer could also help me draw up a Thailand will.

Also interested if anyone knows of a source for good templates (standard documents) for Thailand wills and perhaps even some of the documentation required in property purchase. Could be a good reference even if I don't end up using them.

You may not get much in the way of recommendations as most have never used a lawyer for property purchase., especially if its a foreign quota condo.

The system is such that buyer and seller attend the land office together, the land office processes the transfer, there is nothing in the way of title searches, due diligence etc. (the land office wont process unless everything is in order) You wont find a specific dedicated "conveyancing lawyer" as there is nothing for them to do.

There are no specific property purchase documents, a bank letter showing imported funds for a condo buyer, a letter from the condo block showing foreign quota for a condo seller. 

Wills are done at a local ampher level of government, some may have a standard template.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies.

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You may not get much in the way of recommendations as most have never used a lawyer for property purchase., especially if its a foreign quota condo.

The system is such that buyer and seller attend the land office together, the land office processes the transfer, there is nothing in the way of title searches, due diligence etc. (the land office wont process unless everything is in order) You wont find a specific dedicated "conveyancing lawyer" as there is nothing for them to do.

There are no specific property purchase documents, a bank letter showing imported funds for a condo buyer, a letter from the condo block showing foreign quota for a condo seller...

Thank you for stating the relative simplicity of buying a condo. Sounds like that option would be straightforward for me, with assistance of my Thai partner, without requiring a lawyer.

"Wills are done at a local ampher level of government, some may have a standard template."

Do you mean to register a will that has already been drawn up, or to actually get a will drawn up?

6 hours ago, stratocaster said:

You mention in your post a 30 years + extensions lease. A lease in Thailand can only be a maximum of 30 years.

I would like to at least make an agreement for a new 30-year option, accepting that it may not be legally binding. Or perhaps a usufruct. In any case I'm going to need some legal assistance for that option. I could approach one of the big, western-owned legal companies, but my experience with them so far (on non-property issues) has been poor. Would prefer to find a no-nonsense Thai lawyer.