SHA+ Hotels in Pattaya Sandbox November 1

Danderman123

In another topic, a list of SHA+ Hotels was posted, including some in Pattaya. So, this topic is about the existence of and regulations about Pattaya Sandbox hotels. Also, pricing and quality issues, like food. 

Or whether there will be a Pattaya Sandbox anytime soon. 

Edited by Danderman123

I am not sure that after 1st november (or when sandbox starts) there would be sha+ hotels and obligation to book them in advance for coe (if that one will also be carried out after opening pattaya).

I would think there would be certain area, probably close to the seafront, where you can book to any hotel.

But so far I wasn't following this subject, just became interested, because I need to travel out and come back. Would you post or send me a link to that mentioned by you discussion. I can't find it. Thanx

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, internationalism said:

I am not sure that after 1st november (or when sandbox starts) there would be sha+ hotels and obligation to book them in advance for coe (if that one will also be carried out after opening pattaya).

I would think there would be certain area, probably close to the seafront, where you can book to any hotel.

But so far I wasn't following this subject, just became interested, because I need to travel out and come back. Would you post or send me a link to that mentioned by you discussion. I can't find it. Thanx

yes, some 7 sha hotels in bkk and same in pattaya. Possibly there are few more, not listed in that post. But even 10x or more is not enough. Probably there are some rules on max hotel occupancy, allowing for spacing in common areas (staircases, lifts, restaurants, pool, gym, lobby, hotel spa), for proper cleaning, ventilating rooms.

In phuket they have sha+ - some upgrade from the basic one.

All those ASQ and ALQ can partially open to sandboxers, as they are already sha ready and they will have very few guests just for one floor. It's only matter they are rather upscale, so not for a budget traveller. SHA+ in phuket start from 8k for 14 day, just from 600b/day.

I just read in the same mentioned by you thread, that in CM the whole old town and surroundings will be designated for sandbox.

I would think similar model everywhere - in the most attractive, touristy part of town (so beach fronts, khaosan, lower sukhumwit and many others in bangkok).

In pattaya it might be beachfront up to 2nd road, later Bukhao and then 3rd rd, and similar in jomtien. Probably that would be just enough at the beginning, with every month including further areas, if there is demand.

29 minutes ago, internationalism said:

yes, some 7 sha hotels in bkk and same in pattaya.

It was an example, not a full list (and only SHA not SHA+ which I believe they will have to be for a "sandbox" type opening, just a bit of an upgrade).

There's almost 300 SHA+ listed in Chonburi already (not sure how many in Pattaya as per OP but a fair number) https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?page=2&type=2-Hotel, accommodation and Homestay&province=20-Chon Buri

Edited by Salerno

It would be good to know which are "approved" hotels as people are expected to book them well in advance of their arrival (probably before they apply for the COE from the Embassy).
I have friends that expect to be arriving in Nov. One had tickets booked for the 3rd week of Oct, until the "re-opening" date was pushed back to November. Now it sounds like they'll be expected to stay at one of these hotels for a week (but only at night apparently) before being allowed to go to their apartments (which may be a whole 2-300 meters away from the SHA+ hotel).

I'd suspect that a lot of people might book the hotel and show up to check in and then simply go home. What are re they going to do, bed checks at curfew to make sure everyone has returned to the hotel(s) for the evening ? (I'd stay at the hotel as I'm paying for it and I'd use up all the "goodies" everyday.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

It would be good to know which are "approved" hotels as people are expected to book them well in advance of their arrival (probably before they apply for the COE from the Embassy).
I have friends that expect to be arriving in Nov. One had tickets booked for the 3rd week of Oct, until the "re-opening" date was pushed back to November. Now it sounds like they'll be expected to stay at one of these hotels for a week (but only at night apparently) before being allowed to go to their apartments (which may be a whole 2-300 meters away from the SHA+ hotel).

I'd suspect that a lot of people might book the hotel and show up to check in and then simply go home. What are re they going to do, bed checks at curfew to make sure everyone has returned to the hotel(s) for the evening ? (I'd stay at the hotel as I'm paying for it and I'd use up all the "goodies" everyday.)

Yep, I am in the same boat, coming back to Pattaya in November, and finding a SHA+ hotel conveniently close to my condo. 

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

What are re they going to do, bed checks at curfew to make sure everyone has returned to the hotel(s) for the evening

Mine in Phuket didn't. 

The one I stayed on Samui wanted me to check in at reception before 11pm, they were obligated to report to some center. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Mine in Phuket didn't. 

The one I stayed on Samui wanted me to check in at reception before 11pm, they were obligated to report to some center. 

So you show up at 9, say hi then "oops - got to run to the 7-11, be back in a flash" and back to the condo.

There's really no way they can enforce it so it's pretty much just a scam to generate business for certain hotels (that probably had to stock up on brown envelopes in order to get an "SHA+" rating).
They probably know that a lot of people they let in would go straight to their homes or to "cheaper" hotels/guesthouses if they just let them stay wherever they wanted to.
At least this way, those "approved" hotels make some coin even if their beds stay empty the whole time.