Buy used car with finance from bank/shop

Faeton

Hello. 

I live in Thailand long time but have job outside thailand (so not have work permit). Stay by family visa and have thai child.  

Can i buy a used car with down payment about 30% and finance from bank / shop somewhere in Pattaya / Bangkok? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

Incorrect , if your putting a down payment of 30% then no WP required and no gaurenture required

Yes i read something like that also. Is it possible only for new car or used car also ?

As always in Thailand things can vary wildly from place to place and region etc.

In my experience with a deposit of 30% done in a Thai name, with good credit etc,  there is little to no resistance on new or used.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:20 AM, Faeton said:

I live in Thailand long time but have job outside thailand (so not have work permit). Stay by family visa and have thai child.  

Can i buy a used car with down payment about 30% and finance from bank / shop somewhere in Pattaya / Bangkok? 

With the availability of multiple ride sharing apps (e.g grabs and bolts), I felt less and less need for a car unless you have a family. A motor bike can serve for quick run around in the back alleys to 7/11, laundromat if needed, or nere by places.