7 Day Quarantine Still Required 1 Nov

Attempting to obtain a COE in the USA (fully vaccinated) I have learned (from Thai Embassy DC) that the government announcement of NO quarantine as of 1 November is NOT formalized.

They have no idea when/if this will be formalized.

Bottom line if you need a COE in sufficient time for an early November arrival - submit your ASQ booking for 7 days (and the many other required documents). 

Why am I not surprised?  Could be a real + for arrival numbers.

Thailand is sadly ALWAYS last minute, so don't expect this to be different this time. I have my personal deadline on 20th of October. If there is no clarification by then, then forget about November. However, if they clarify it, don`t expect it be to be published until 29th/30th of October in the Royal Gazette.

I still have to go, but I will book then an ASQ which gives me a full refund if I cancel up to 48hrs of traveling. 

Believe me, Thailand is annoying LOTS of travelers worldwide with their brainless strategy and we all would love to have at least one month of proper planning time.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

Recommendation: 

IF coming in early Nov...   Secure the CoE to Phuket Sandbox [with refundable *SHA+ hotel, changeable flights, PSAS booking is refundable -5%].

IF information of Bangkok opening up is confirmed changed your plans to Bangkok e-mail your embassy with updated details for a reissued CoE (into Bangkok) - IF CoE is still a requirement at that stage. 

That way you have Plan B (Phuket Sandbox) covered, just incase Plan A doesn’t work out. 

You may as well be in Phuket and take a flight up to BKK on day 7 rather than sit in a hotel room in Bangkok ASQ for 7 days. 

*Fully refundable SHA+ hotels can found on Agoda. 

• Like 1