Life in Thailand getting back to normal – but only if you are vaccinated

webfact

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If people weren't forced to go to the hospital, with few or no symptoms, just because they tested positive, then they'd avoid the 'pressure on health services'.  

I'm not too concerned about a flu with a 99% recovery rate.   

TBH, the vaccine scares me (healthy person) more than the virus.  I don't personally know anyone, or personally know of anyone who knows anyone who has died from the virus.  Although, just yesterday, my brother told me his friend (an anti vaxxer also), got his son vaccinated, as mandated to attend school.  And his son died from the vaccine.  Not only does he have the loss of his son, but now lives with the thought, 'he knew better', and still let him get vaccinated.

That's F'd up.

That is f’d up... a friend of a friend anti-vaxx story from someone who calls Covid-19 a ‘Flu’... ????

You don’t know anyone or know of anyone who knows anyone who has had Covid-19... Yet of the 7,898,129,500 people on this planet (7.898 Billion), some 237,117,600 people (237.1 Million) have had Covid-19.

Or simply put, 3% of the global population has had Covid-19....  i.e. thats 3 out of every 100 people, or in other terms 1 out of every 33 people has had Covid-19. 

So... you either know very very few people or you are utterly full of it !!!! - It always interests me how easy it is to completely debunk and anti-vaxxers BS !!!!....

I do agree with the ‘hospital comment’ - there no need to go to hospital unless treatment is needed. 

The manner in which Thailand uses hospitals as isolation facilities is wrong and unnecessarily places pressure on the healthcare system. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That is f’d up... a friend of a friend anti-vaxx story from someone who calls Covid-19 a ‘Flu’... ????

You don’t know anyone or know of anyone who knows anyone who has had Covid-19... Yet of the 7,898,129,500 people on this planet (7.898 Billion), some 237,117,600 people (237.1 Million) have had Covid-19.

Or simply put, 3% of the global population has had Covid-19....  i.e. thats 3 out of every 100 people, or in other terms 1 out of every 33 people has had Covid-19. 

So... you either know very very few people or you are utterly full of it !!!! - It always interests me how easy it is to completely debunk and anti-vaxxers BS !!!!....

I do agree with the ‘hospital comment’ - there no need to go to hospital unless treatment is needed. 

The manner in which Thailand uses hospitals as isolation facilities is wrong and unnecessarily places pressure on the healthcare system. 

If going to quote me / repeat what I stated, then at least be accurate ... " anyone who has ... died ... from the virus".

Until yesterday, that conversation, no, I didn't know of anyone who has died of.  Just strangers in the news, and actually, that kid is a stranger to me.  Never met him or his father.

Live in Thailand, so easy not know anyone who died from covid, since only < 0.25% of the population has died from covid, and yes, it's caused by a coronavirus, a flu, same as the normal yearly flu, but obviously with a bit of a bite.  But still, a viral flu.

That's 249 per million died of C19 or 25 per 100k or 2.5 per 10k or .25 per 1000, so yes, not even knowing 1000 people here, I don't know anyone who died of C19, the flu, or the common flu for that matter ... ????  Why is that hard to believe.

Do know someone who had covid (not confirmed), my daughter, sick more than a few times last year or so, and hit hard a couple times.  Her friends did get tested & positive, so safe to assume she did contract it.

A shame this thread has been hi-jacked by the anti/pro vaccine arguments.

Back on topic, so far, no one has given any examples (apart from one or two private gyms) since restrictions started to be lifted, where the unvaccinated are being prevented from doing anything normal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Back on topic, so far, no one has given any examples (apart from one or two private gyms) since restrictions started to be lifted, where the unvaccinated are being prevented from doing anything normal.

Wife goes to a gym (cycling spinning thing) - she has to prove she has been double vaccinated. 

I play football (at various different soccer fields) - no one is checked or asked. 

I’ve had a sports massage, I was not asked if I was vaccinated. I did ask and the masseuse responded that she was double vaccinated (named the vaccines, Sino then AZ, so I believed her).

We (family and I) have been out to restaurants (in Bangkok) - no one checks or asks of our vaccination status.

A couple of weeks ago (Koh Chang) a Policeman did walk into a restaurant, look around in a somewhat authoritarian posturing manner (looking to see if booze was being served) and then stopped at our table and asked our kids if they are vaccinated - Idiot !!! we had to tell him kids can’t get vaccinated !!!!  (my guess is he was just looking to catch the restaurant selling booze, when he didn’t find that he tried to save face and act as if he were performing some civic duty !!!).

Personally, I don’t think much will change or be enforced other than.... 

- Air Travel - Vaccination / Antigen tests will be required

- Restaurants - can’t see vaccination being enforced. 

- Gyms - Can see vaccination being enforced. 

- Schools - Teachers, can see vax enforced, School kids (not until cleared by WHO).

- Businesses - Can see many businesses in Thailand enforcing vaccination for its workers

- Shopping malls - Can’t see the requirement for being vaccinated being enforced

What I do see is ’some businesses’ (restaurants, malls etc) starting out with this ‘Vaccination requirement’ with a lot of publicity and government announcement, before things go very quiet and nothing is enforced (in a typically Thai manner). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In Phuket, Bluetree which is a large water park/lagoon with restaurants and activities have had this in place for over a month. must be double vaxxed or produce negative test result. This is for all nationalities.

34 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If going to quote me / repeat what I stated, then at least be accurate ... " anyone who has ... died ... from the virus".

Apologies - you are correct... I did misquote you...  my bad. 

The actual Stat is 1 out of every 1735 people have died from Covid-19, so it is a perfectly reasonable claim that someone does not know of someone or know someone who knows of someone has died from covid-19. 

I know quite of lot of people who have had Covid-19, most were not unwell. 

I know a few people who were unwell with symptoms ranging from mild cold, to flu like symptoms, to being stuck in a bed for two weeks to being in hospital for nearly a month. 

I know of a couple of people who have died (I didn’t know them personally, but know people who did). 

Edited by richard_smith237

23 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The rules are no different for vaccinated or unvaccinated people though.   As someone who has had vaccines I can no more have an alcoholic drink with my meal in a restaurant than someone who has not had them, even if I go with my vaccinated girlfriend and are served by vaccinated staff with meals prepared by vaccinated chefs.   Nor can I easily escape this tyranny as the vaccines administered here are not recognised by my home country so I would be treated as unvaccinated.  Life is as far away from normal as it ever has been.   Vaccines have not changed a thing, and unless they had an ingredient in them that lowers puritanical attitudes in those that make the rules, I don't see how they would do.    

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The actual Stat is 1 out of every 1735 people have died from Covid-19,

That stat suck, and guessing that's a worldwide stat.  Here, not nearly that many, thankfully.  I am a bit anti-social, especially now, since anti-vax & mask ????  Few that have pass of late, simply old age, as I'm in that age bracket, when more funerals get attended than weddings.

So small circle of what I'd call friend, and all distant at that, even here since moving from NE to S of Thailand, along with most family & friends I haven't seen in 20+ years back in the USA.

19.jpg

15 minutes ago, James105 said:

The rules are no different for vaccinated or unvaccinated people though.   As someone who has had vaccines I can no more have an alcoholic drink with my meal in a restaurant than someone who has not had them, even if I go with my vaccinated girlfriend and are served by vaccinated staff with meals prepared by vaccinated chefs.   Nor can I easily escape this tyranny as the vaccines administered here are not recognised by my home country so I would be treated as unvaccinated.  Life is as far away from normal as it ever has been.   Vaccines have not changed a thing, and unless they had an ingredient in them that lowers puritanical attitudes in those that make the rules, I don't see how they would do.    

This dictatorship despise alcohol, the fact that restaurants still can't serve alcohol is testament to that. bars and clubs will be the last thing to ever reopen. I have no idea why anyone here who doesn't have any ties , albeit family wise or properties etc, and has the means to go elsewhere are still here?? Why??

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Walker88 said:

No one knows the length of immunity when a vaccine is first given. As it turns out, smallpox vaccine is about 50 years (which, unfortunately, terrorists have discovered). Polio seems to be for life, though that is uncertain. Nobody knew until time passed. No one can know a priori how long "immunity", or at least immunity from severe cases, lasts. Time answers that.

The first recipients of smallpox and polio vaxxes had no idea if immunity was a week, month, year, ten years or fifty years.

Also, the more folks who are immune to severe symptoms, or whose vaxxed bodies can prevent a high viral load, the faster Covid might go the way of SARS (whose vaccine only was effective for 14 months) or MERS (40 months). Mass vaxxing and ringfencing took away those viruses hosts, so at least SARS died off.  THAT is the goal of the Covid vaxxes---to eliminate as many hosts as possible so that the numbers game (mutations) has fewer chances to become something really nasty.

Because the unvaxxed who get severe Covid will be petri dishes for mutations, the unvaxxed are going to become Covid's "Typhoid Mary".

Can vaxxed people not allow the virus to mutate?  Seems the covid "vaccine" is also a leaky one.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

Quite dangerous to FORCE leaky vaccines on everyone.

Remember this is about FORCING and REQUIRING people to get the vaccine, not banning or not allowing people to not get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

the fact that restaurants still can't serve alcohol is testament to that. bars and clubs will be the last thing to ever reopen.........why anyone here who doesn't ......go elsewhere ...... Why??

If free flowing alcohol is your gauge for living somewhere, you may have more issues then you care to admit.  I enjoy sipping one or 2 occasionally, maybe every couple weeks, so not an issue for me.  Never at a bar, and rarely at a restaurant, as most don't serve my brand.

I wouldn't get pass more than one or 2 anyway (490ml), as I'm usually the driver.  When sitting surfside also, and had 2, depending on food intake, wife may drive back home, as she doesn't indulge.  Not that I'm incapable, but if someone was to hit me, don't need beer breath when talking to whoever shows up.

Stats show, no alcohol, and less drunks on the road, has save 1000's here.  May this flu hang around for decades to come.????????????

• Sad 1

Does anyone remember Typhoid Mary?  She was a carrier.

I imagine that there are carriers of this COVID virus as well. Would any of you want to

sit next to and get infected by any one of them?  Get vaccinated and then stay cautious and safe,

and hopefully still not contact COVID. That would be the best situation to be in.

Geezer

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I enjoy sipping one or 2 occasionally, maybe every couple weeks, so not an issue for me. 

I bet it's not an issue, if they are of your liking. But this is a family forum, so please keep your private life private.

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

In Phuket, Bluetree which is a large water park/lagoon with restaurants and activities have had this in place for over a month. must be double vaxxed or produce negative test result. This is for all nationalities.

Thanks. Does Phuket have similar restrictions for other businesses, like malls and restaurants or is this watermark an outlier?

16 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

This dictatorship despise alcohol, the fact that restaurants still can't serve alcohol is testament to that. bars and clubs will be the last thing to ever reopen. I have no idea why anyone here who doesn't have any ties , albeit family wise or properties etc, and has the means to go elsewhere are still here?? Why??

Why so much fuss about this.... restaurants are places you go to to eat and not have to do the washing up. I miss a beer myself, because I don't like the alternatives.... who on earth over 7 would drink coke? The problem is too many restaurants also cross over into being nightclubs, providing drinks and music until late. If they were permitted to do that, then all the nightlife would be protesting their right to open. 

Hang in there, have a beer at home, I think soon a change is coming. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks. Does Phuket have similar restrictions for other businesses, like malls and restaurants or is this watermark an outlier?

No as far as I know this is currently the only venue doing this. We have family membership there so go around once a week or so.

17 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

I have no idea why anyone here who doesn't have any ties , albeit family wise or properties etc, and has the means to go elsewhere are still here?? Why??

Since located in bkk, I guess you are deep rooted in Thailand and can't / won't leave.  There are AA meeting every day & night somewhere for you.   Or simple sip at home.

Family forum, do we need to hear about your addiction .... keep your private life private ... ????

Edited by KhunLA

19 hours ago, James105 said:

Tyranny,,,So if this is tyranny you're living under, I guess you would be no more discomfited if you were living in, say, North Korea, rather than wherever you are currently located. Or just maybe your language is just the teensiest bit overwrought.

• Confused 2