Vaccination for students continues ahead of November school reopening

snoop1130

c1c00fb088920aa14e80e9143285115a_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 October 2021 (NNT) - The administering of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for students ages 12-18 is ongoing, having kicked off simultaneously in selected provinces earlier this week. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul on Wednesday observed the vaccination drive for school children at Surasak Montree School in Bangkok.

Minister Anutin asserted there were enough vaccines for students and the inoculation drive is being accelerated so it would complete by the new school term in November. He expressed his thanks to parents who gave their consent for the children’s vaccination, saying the benefits of getting vaccinated far outweigh any gains to be had from remaining unvaccinated. About 3.8 million students have registered for the vaccination, and confidence needed to be fostered among the parents of the remaining 1 million students who have yet to be given consent.

The central hospital of each province and provincial public health offices have been tasked with dispatching personnel to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to students at their schools.

Education Minister Treenuch Thienthong spoke of the upcoming school term, to commence in November, explaining that the disease situation will be evaluated at the ministerial level in tandem with discussions between each school and its respective provincial authority. She said the Ministry of Education has laid down an incident action plan to accommodate instances of the COVID-19 spread.

As of Wednesday, 2,492 students at Surasak Montree school received consent for vaccination. Most expressed the belief that the vaccine can keep them safer from the virus, and no significant side effects have yet to be observed among the vaccine recipients.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 2

Have they not calculated the time required between first and second doses, PLUS the time after the second dose in order to claim that each kid is 'fully vaccinated.'? If someone wants to come to Thailand, they need to have had their second jab at least 14 days prior to arrival, but they let the kids go back to school soon after their first jab.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well happy the kids can return to school, but why the inconsistency? 

• Like 2

Good to see the kids finally getting back to school. It does make me wonder if we'll start seeing another category in the daily figures. PCR, ATK, Prisons and now Schools.

All reported separately of course, to make the headline number seem smaller.

There is a twist : "...with discussions between each school and its respective provincial authority".

To summarize : even if the rule "85 % of staff + teachers + students >12 years old vaccinated" (1 or 2 doses, it's not very clear as usual) is respected... each school will be given the green light.

Or not.

Each school will have to be "evaluated"... in each province...

So it's easy to foresee a huge thai salad...

Some governors will be open minded and will push ahead for schools reopening, others will be scared of their own shadow and will postpone. Add to this the "color" system.... or should i say the "color" problem. Phuket should be red since very long time.... but is still "orange" (because politics).

As far as education is concerned, the whole process is a disaster. And it"s difficult to see a general reopening in november.

Edited by cclub75

15 hours ago, 2long said:

Have they not calculated the time required between first and second doses, PLUS the time after the second dose in order to claim that each kid is 'fully vaccinated.'? If someone wants to come to Thailand, they need to have had their second jab at least 14 days prior to arrival, but they let the kids go back to school soon after their first jab.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well happy the kids can return to school, but why the inconsistency? 

because they àre not consistent! TIT ????

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, cauldlad said:

My stepdaughter is getting jabbed today at Udon Thani

As far as I know they are only getting one Pfizer jab, the same as the UK kids

I stand corrected.

My stepdaughter got her first Pfizer jab yesterday at Udon Thani and returns on 28th for her second jab.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, 2long said:

The children only having 1 jab

• Like 1