Snake Entering House

Natgun

Yes, it's considered very unlucky if a snake enters (or tries to enter) the house.

Particularly if it is a cobra.

It is believed it is bad spirits trying to enter.

Needs a monk or two to cleanse the house. 

I had a snake sleeping on the top of my fridge when arriving home from shopping. I simply opened an outside door and closed all inside doors and waited for it to leave on its own terms.

After about 20 minutes it had gone.

No need for histrionics!

• Like 1

Did the  blessing ritual  with all the  bells and whistles.  Had an adult Malayan Pit Viper  ( ga pha ) in the  garden last week,  got a length of pvc pipe  lifted it up, walked it down a few hundred feet and winged it into the  brush. well it must have been a mother  snake because we found  3 "babies"  about 8" long ( and they are  fully functional in terms of bite and  venom)  got a long handle shovel and sent them off to same area as mom. 

Wang Pong area/ Pranburi .  

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I had a snake sleeping on the top of my fridge when arriving home from shopping. I simply opened an outside door and closed all inside doors and waited for it to leave on its own terms.

After about 20 minutes it had gone.

No need for histrionics!

When we moved into our new house it took a few weeks to get all the boxes organized.  One day my wife was moving  some boxes around in the spare bedroom and a hissing snake popped out at her.  She called the locals and when it was all done, the 2 meter snake was on its way to someone's dinner plate.  It got into the house via a hole in the wall left open for an outside camera feed for the driveway.  The hole was patched of course and now the neighbor's dogs patrol our property keeping the snake population under control.  It was quite an affair attracting many from the local tessaban and village.