COE rejected...

10 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

Royal Thai Embassy, London has rejected your registration/application.

Due to Please submit first dose cert or local card/yellow book/letter with evidence of first dose vaccination.

I sent in a EU Digital Covid Certificate which states that I have had 2/2 . 

It also states " Date of vaccination, indicating date of the latest dose received. 2021-05-26"

Do these people not realise that it is not possible to get Covid Vaccination Certificate without two vaccines? Why do they want first dose informatio9n?

It seems like they want to make it as difficult as possible for people to get COE

I think it will be a long process but I'm not too worried about it. If it works it works. If not, go someplace else that maked life a bit easier

I sympathise, but the reality is that Thai embassies will typically only be familiar with the vaccine certificates issued within the country where they are operating. They are only used to verifying UK NHS certificates which use a different format. Do not expect high intelligence from Thai consular officials.

11 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

Royal Thai Embassy, London has rejected your registration/application.

Due to Please submit first dose cert or local card/yellow book/letter with evidence of first dose vaccination.

It also states " Date of vaccination, indicating date of the latest dose received. 2021-05-26"

Do these people not realise that it is not possible to get Covid Vaccination Certificate without two vaccines? Why do they want first dose informatio9n?

It seems like they want to make it as difficult as possible for people to get COE

I think it will be a long process but I'm not too worried about it. If it works it works. If not, go someplace else that maked life a bit easier

I'm sure the requirements are same in the UK as in the USA consulates. You need to provide both doses. It's possible they want to be sure the doses were not administered too far apart and done in a timely manner. 

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

Do not expect high intelligence from Thai consular officials.

This statement is indicative of narrow mindedness and barely archives a level of intelligence that's capable of understanding it's own lack thereof.

22 minutes ago, 0james0 said:

This statement is indicative of narrow mindedness and barely archives a level of intelligence that's capable of understanding it's own lack thereof.

It is based on long experience. I am not saying all Thai consular officials exhibit less than stellar intellectual abilities. However, their frequent inability to understand documents that are in a different form to those they are accustomed to is all too common.

once again, it would appear that the IT system and pre programmed Q&A are unable to respond to changes . A change in rules may not have been programmed into their Systems.

A vexing scenario which is being experienced all across the globe as authorities rely more on robots.

"Hey Doc, I think this patient is alive"!

"No the m/c says DOA".

????

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It is based on long experience. I am not saying all Thai consular officials exhibit less than stellar intellectual abilities. However, their frequent inability to understand documents that are in a different form to those they are accustomed to is all too common.

I sincerely and humbly apologize for being so presumptuous. I had no idea you were culturally proficient in the complexities of the formation differences of the Thai language. My bad, I just assumed that Thai’s and even other national’s that grew up in a different cultural language scape have the same difficulties deciphering languages that I have when I go venturing abroad, knowing by applied experience, that learning and having full comprehension of the BKK Thai language one may have start at an early age. In comparison, I find translating simplified Chinese to English a breeze, rarely are there any miss communications and the language formations are somewhat similar, unlike Thai, I imagine they struggle with language translations just as much as anyone else even after years of schooling and living in a foreign land. same-same, right?     

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 0james0 said:

I sincerely and humbly apologize for being so presumptuous. I had no idea you were culturally proficient in the complexities of the formation differences of the Thai language. My bad, I just assumed that Thai’s and even other national’s that grew up in a different cultural language scape have the same difficulties deciphering languages that I have when I go venturing abroad, knowing by applied experience, that learning and having full comprehension of the BKK Thai language one may have start at an early age. In comparison, I find translating simplified Chinese to English a breeze, rarely are there any miss communications and the language formations are somewhat similar, unlike Thai, I imagine they struggle with language translations just as much as anyone else even after years of schooling and living in a foreign land. same-same, right?     

The word for this is 'drivel'...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 0james0 said:

15 calendar days to complete the second step. After you get your vax card after the 9th, start the first phase, then the second phase after the the 15th. You'll have plenty of time, don't sweat it. 

Another question? How soon should I apply for the Thai E-visa (Non O visa based on marriage) that I will need before I apply for the 1st part of the COE on Nov 9TH?  Thank you

1 hour ago, raptorea said:

Another question? How soon should I apply for the Thai E-visa (Non O visa based on marriage) that I will need before I apply for the 1st part of the COE on Nov 9TH?  Thank you

You need to acquire your visa before you can apply for the COE. You'll be cutting it close, to close for my comfort. At least 2 weeks or so for the visa, and then COE process.

Going in exempt a possibility? Get extensions. Read through the forums weed out the miss info and DIY, it easier than it looks. Or go to a visa shop in BKK or CM, starting at about ฿3000 + ฿1900 for each visa they work on for you. 

Edited by 0james0

30 minutes ago, 0james0 said:

You need to acquire your visa before you can apply for the COE. You'll be cutting it close, to close for my comfort. At least 2 weeks or so for the visa, and then COE process.

Going in exempt a possibility? Get extensions. Read through the forums weed out the miss info and DIY, it easier than it looks. Or go to a visa shop in BKK or CM, starting at about ฿3000 + ฿1900 for each visa they work on for you. 

I hear you but I dont have to prove covid vax for the e- visa so in theory I could apply for the e-visa around the 20th of Oct correct?

1 hour ago, 0james0 said:

I am not upset by your sarcasm. I have been known to indulge myself on occasion. However, let us recall the specific post that prompted my comment about the limited intellect of many Thai consular officials:

15 hours ago, 0james0 said:

I humbly submit that a short certificate in English issued by the EU (the bloc adjacent to the UK) ought to be capable of comprehension by an intelligent official at the Thai embassy in the UK.

22 minutes ago, raptorea said:

I hear you but I dont have to prove covid vax for the e- visa so in theory I could apply for the e-visa around the 20th of Oct correct?

Sorry, for whatever reason I forgot and thought you were leaving on the 9th. since you're leaving on the 30th you have plenty of time, start it today.

I scraped my visa application because the time frame was getting too narrow and decided that I'll just deal with it there.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I am not upset by your sarcasm. I have been known to indulge myself on occasion. However, let us recall the specific post that prompted my comment about the limited intellect of many Thai consular officials:

I humbly submit that a short certificate in English issued by the EU (the bloc adjacent to the UK) ought to be capable of comprehension by an intelligent official at the Thai embassy in the UK.

My only point here is, as I read through the threads and posts on this site I can't help but to notice there's a lot of disdaining rhetoric toward Asean's scattered throughout, I see a lot of it in Asean countries as well in a form as bullying mostly coming from those from a certain part of the globe.  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 3:36 PM, 0james0 said:

No, as long as you have everything in order and depending on the consulate it will take about 3 days if you don't get any rejection notices. About a week if you get one or two rejects, assuming that you can fix the errors. Some here are reporting speedy turnaround time with their consulates. At the time I did mine, I got a responses from the LA consulate within a day with each submission. I'm sure if things start to pick up, then it may take longer. 

May I mine you, there are two phases. Do not start the second phase until 15 days before you arrive in TH. When you complete the pre approval process you will get a notice/email or check it online stating that you have it "pre-approved your registration/application for COE" After you receive this notice DO NOT start the COE application process, DO NOT login out of curiosity before the 15 day mark, 15 days to the second. There is a 15 day/0 hours/0 minutes/0 seconds countdown timer when you login there. This is why it's suggested to wait to complete the pre approval process first, then make you booking after the approval notice. 

I wasn't clear on the COE expectations even though I read the the COE application website a few times. I logged into this website and was ready to post some questions, now no need.

Thanks!