Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

3 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

It happened to me at 5:45 am today.  Should have posted as "International Funds Transfer".  Posted instead as "Transfer from Account at Other Bank".  Instead of the normal wait time of 24 hours or so, it posted immediately.

Did you select Funds for long term stay.? If yes that is worrying.

• Like 1

Wise are processing as usual but the banks are now falling into line with AML requirements, ie every step of.a transaction must have details of sender thus the deposit in your account is a local transfer.

KBank now issue credit advice from there trade division this was previously issued by their International div. The credit advice has your home bank address displayed, so I think no problems with using KBank. The reason for my last transfer was Long stay in Thailand, but credit advice showed "funds for tourism."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I recall that Bangkok Bank transfers had a similar event some years ago.... as if Transferwise just did things differently for a few days... prior nearly all transfers popped up clearly as International. That instance was the reason the 'Funds for long term stay' selection was created IIRC.

Yes i vaguely remember that, hopefully Wise get on it and fix it. I'm wondering if they've just decided to stop it for some reason

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You are missing the point, using Bangkok Bank and long term stay, a manual process is kicked off and it usually settles 2pm that day or next day

I have problems with BBC the point is I use Kasikorn successfully,get cradit advice emailed to me so I have all that Immigration requires apart from letter and statement without going near a bank

PS Good luck with Bangkok Bank

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, norbra said:

I have problems with BBC the point is I use Kasikorn successfully,get cradit advice emailed to me so I have all that Immigration requires apart from letter and statement without going near a bank

Does your bank book, and statement say the transfers are International?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That seems to vary for people, although I have not been able to figure out why. I also have never had a 'quick' transfer into Bangkok Bank... it usually is seen the following afternoon. 

I understood with my Bangkok Bank account that  Wise says it will in your Thai by a given time and then there's note saying your bank can take up to 4 hours to process.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, racyrick said:

We need to stop talking among ourselves and actually call WISE to see what the problem is and to get it fixed as soon as possible.

This is very important for immigration for many people and we can't be complacent.

I contacted Wise Sept 28 and they advised that my latest transfer was processed in the normal manner. The creditadvice from my bank was now computer generated and indicated that it was a fx transaction but did not provide full details,sender currency country of origin etc

• Sad 1

Just now, norbra said:

I contacted Wise Sept 28 and they advised that my latest transfer was processed in the normal manner. The creditadvice from my bank was now computer generated and indicated that it was a fx transaction but did not provide full details,sender currency country of origin etc

But you are using Kasikorn? think you should be on a different thread. This is the Bangkok Bank thread

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's the problem with the 65k a month method. You only need one month not to show as an international transfer and there goes your extension visa.

I thought with Retirement visa extensions you can have a combination of savings and monthly amounts calculating out as 65,000 funds per month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

But you are using Kasikorn? think you should be on a different thread. This is the Bangkok Bank thread

Someone has already posted when they get there yearly statements they have letter confirming that all the funds come from abroad so what's there to complain about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, racyrick said:

We need to stop talking among ourselves and actually call WISE to see what the problem is and to get it fixed as soon as possible.

This is very important for immigration for many people and we can't be complacent.

WISE is not the only way to get money here, there are other good alternatives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed this yesterday(8th). A Wise transfer from UK to BB, using the 'long stay' reason at 7.00am came through within seconds rather than the usual 2.00pm. Have not updated my bank book as yet, to see if, as now seems likely, it is not tagged as FTT.

As some have said, it may just be a temporary issue, as happened a couple of years back, or a more permanent change.

Yes, a bank letter / credit advice can assist to confirm these are foreign transfers, but there have been reports of IO's insisting on seeing the bank book and flagging this as a problem if the FTT, or similar, notation is missing.