Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't fret...get a Wise receipt printed off and use that to verify it came from overseas. It has worked for a friend at Pattaya.

I did this at CW in 2018 but I incuded my Home bank statement showing transfer to wise in AUD. Imm reluctantly accepted told me next year must provide credit advise from bank

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And if you have say eleven previous transfers, all from Wise to Bkk Bank as FTTs, I would hope that your friendly IO would see the mistake.

Nice thought, but those guys can be sticklers. (Best word I could come up with).

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Thanks and I was curious, are all transfers affected from all countries?

I only know the situation from my Wise UK account. Anyone else from USA or Aus had this problem?

• Like 1

I thought Wise (nee TransferWise) had fixed this. I know they had for a time.

Their transfer model is that they really don't transfer any money when you do your transfer. They just tell their agent in Thailand, like at Thai Military Bank, to do a domestic transfer to your account. It works the same when transferring money out. Then, at the end of the month, they settle up with their agents all over the world. That's how they can transfer money at lower rates.

But, as I said, this is a known problem that was supposedly fixed.

This doesn't bother me anymore since I know qualify on total funds deposited, not monthly transfers.

Good luck! 

Since there are a lot of Wise users here, I am going to ask this OT question. Without doing a bank to bank transfer (ABA and all of that) can a person (who does not have a Wise account) go online and deposit funds into my Wise USD account using a credit/debit card. Obviously they would have to know my name and Wise account number.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

As has been said previously, you will now have to go to whichever bank Wise used as a partner (Kasikorn???) show them the Wise statement, and get them to give you paperwork for you to show Bangkok Bank so they can change their details and indicate it was an International Transfer when they do your letter for Immigration before your extension. What a Pain in the 4rse.

Do you have a copy of the credit advice that Kasikorn will give to show Bangkok Bank? 

It would be a big help to just show that letter to the local Kasikorn bank so they understand what is needed.

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norbra said:

You can contact Kasikorn call centre request a credit advice for this transaction,but may be better if you can show a staff member the transaction in question. The credit advice will be emailed to you,it will provide support if you need to show wise receipt for immigration

Do you have a copy of the credit advice from Kasikorn that you can post?

It would be a big help to just show that to the local Kasikorn bank as to what is needed and then take it to Bangkok Bank.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Do you have a copy of the credit advice that Kasikorn will give to show Bangkok Bank? 

It would be a big help to just show that letter to the local Kasikorn bank so they understand what is needed.

Thanks

No, because I only did it at 12 noon today and Banks are closed. This transfer for Bht 1000 was only to see which way the money went. I do not need it for my Immigration Extension, but come 1st November I shall need my 'big' transfer to be as it always has been, to Bkk Bank as an FTT>

• Like 2

I suspect that, as suggested above, this may be a UK problem ...

Certainly I have had no difficulty doing transfers from Oz. I do 2 or 3 transfers each month as that gives me more flexibility for moving when the xrate is good, or at least better than usual. I tick the 'long-term stay' item & then transfer funds from my Oz bank to Wise.  The 'transfer' to my BKKBk account then  happens at 1400 ICT the same day (if initiated before 0730 ICT) or the next day if initiated later. All show as FTT in my BKKBk book.

Last one I did was on 4 Oct.

An alternative explanation (unlikely but worth considering): The system may have a minimum amount to register as 'long-term stay'. So if you do a, say, $20 transfer to try out the system, it may not work as it's clearly not a monthly 'long-term stay' amount ...

• Like 1

I've been using Wise (TransferWise) transactions for the last 3 years without a single FTT entry appearing on my Krungsri bank statements.

3 different IOs have accepted the transaction confirmation slips from Wise as proof that the entries are genuine international deposits.

So stop fretting you guys, if this is a permanent change, as I suspect it is, immigration will soon get used to the fact and adapt their ways to suit reality.

• Like 1

I used to use the Commonwealth Bank in Australia to send money here before Wise which had better Xfer rates and cheaper fees. This went ok for awhile with FTT listed in bankbook. Then one month it showed as local. As I was, and still am, using the 65k method I sent the money back to Oz using DeeMoney. Ok I thought I had better use Comm Bank. Now normally i calculated the exchange rate and transferred in Australian dollars. When I went to send this time the bank suggested I should transfer in THB which I did, Guess what? No FTT but a different code again. DeeMoney back to oz and transferred in Australian dollars and was ok. But cost me a lot in 5 transfer fees and exchange rates.

I contacted Wise and they said they would flag on my account to be FTT. Since then they have added "the long term stay" option. But all has been ok since that one time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

4/10, 7/10 transfers both marked International Transfers to BB so no problem for me. Never had an Immediate Transfer  always next working day so appears that's where the problem may lie maybe an upgrade- best to ring them

Where can you see that they are marked as international ? I do not have online account access because of visa problem...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, thefactoryoutlet said:

do you mean that you can use your wise transfers for immigration or condo purchase ?

For immigration you need FTT to appear next to the transfer or they won't accept as international.

Don't know what's required for condo purchase.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's the problem with the 65k a month method. You only need one month not to show as an international transfer and there goes your extension visa.

I have not had problems using the 65K a month for a decade through October 6, 2021. As for Immigration? Thai wife, I think they might want to help straighten out any one month “glitch”. Just my guess …

2 hours ago, racyrick said:

Thanks and I was curious, are all transfers affected from all countries?

Australia via Kbank although all my transfers up untill Jan2019 showed as FTT in passbook since then its been local bank transfer code. Since then I have used Wise.

Kbank credit advice documents from their international div indicated that the transfers were TT. My latest transfer went via Kbank Trading div credit advice from there ,only indicated that the sender address was coded AU deposit by Transferwise for tourism expenses. I spoke with trading div and they tell me that all foreign currency transactions now are processed by them and the credit advice is computer generated.

Suspect Wise Bangkok Bank account is low or not available due to heavy usage or change in policy so transfers had to be made from other banks - which is the "when possible" clause about the long term stay reason.  On 1st I attempted to transfer 100k in two transactions but they could not be process same day "due to heavy customer usage" (advised several hours later) and were delayed until the 4th but did become FTT using Bangkok Bank in the end.   Will be interesting to know what has caused this but those cought out have options - first download Wise receipt (that might be all the immigration requires) and get credit advise paperwork to be more sure.  If this continues FTT may not even be a factor in the future but as Wise set up the long stay special system hope they will let us know what is going on.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dabhand said:

I noticed this yesterday(8th). A Wise transfer from UK to BB, using the 'long stay' reason at 7.00am came through within seconds rather than the usual 2.00pm. Have not updated my bank book as yet, to see if, as now seems likely, it is not tagged as FTT.

As some have said, it may just be a temporary issue, as happened a couple of years back, or a more permanent change.

Yes, a bank letter / credit advice can assist to confirm these are foreign transfers, but there have been reports of IO's insisting on seeing the bank book and flagging this as a problem if the FTT, or similar, notation is missing.

Mmm. Well I did a transfer the other day from the UK via Wise and I didn’t even put in that it was for long term stay in Thailand and it still came across in the normal manner and was still marked with an FTT transaction. I have usually found Wise to be excellent, and will address your problems forthwith, if you contact them and explain any problem. Talking on here won’t put things right!  

• Like 2