Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

Yeah, something changed at WISE. I just did a test transfer for $100 to my BKK account. Previously my transfers took a day or so and were labeled International Transfer. This transfer just now went through instantaneously to my BKK account and was labeled "Transfer from A/C at Other Bank"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's the problem with the 65k a month method. You only need one month not to show as an international transfer and there goes your extension visa.

Mind to keep the 800K system  in reserve , by topping up your x number of 65 k transfers with the needed before the 2 month's before application date expires (400K for the married to Thai )

Edited by david555
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I thought with Retirement visa extensions you can have a combination of savings and monthly amounts calculating out as 65,000 funds per month.

My IO wants the total to be Bht 850,000 as 50k per month plus 250 in the bank. I comply!

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

Mind to keep the 800K system  in reserve , by topping up your x number of 65 k transfers with the needed before the 2 month's before application date expires (400K for the married to Thai )

Are you saying have 800k in the bank AND transfer 65k per month?

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Are you saying have 800k in the bank AND transfer 65k per month?

no , mean time you are transferring several times 65K already .... just topping it  up to become the 800K and choose that option  , 800K on Thai bank for ret . ext. 

Not an extra 800K

Edited by david555

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I still don't understand this. I thought the Wise system worked as follows. You transfer the money to them, in my case GBP in the UK. They then instructed their Thai bank to send you the money in baht to your thai bank. The money then goes into your thai bank. How can that happen instantaneously?

The money is not sent anywhere,its already here,they just match it up with whats there to whats here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredscats said:

The money is not sent anywhere,its already here,they just match it up with whats there to whats here

Isn't that what Henry said, that no money actually crosses borders.

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

After reading this thread, I just did a Bht 1000 transfer from my Wise to Bkk Bank, and it has arrived instantly via Kasikorn Bank as a local transfer, after over two years of successful FTTs. I have emailed Wise asking if this is just a hitch or will this be normal from now on, in which case a different method will have to be found.

My usual Bht 50k transfer was done on 1st October and was as it always has been, FTT next day.

You can contact Kasikorn call centre request a credit advice for this transaction,but may be better if you can show a staff member the transaction in question. The credit advice will be emailed to you,it will provide support if you need to show wise receipt for immigration

Edited by norbra
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

My last transfer was on 5th from my UK bank account to my Bangkok Bank account. This went through as usual and shows as FTT in my passbook.

It might be worth trying to transfer a small amount mid-month to see what happens. This would give people a bit of time to attempt to resolve the issue before it gets to the serious matter of affecting their immigration requirements.

Excellent post!

1 minute ago, norbra said:

You can contact Kasikorn call centre request a credit advice for this transaction,but may be better if you can show a staff member the transaction in question. The credit advice will be emailed to you,it will provide support if you need to show wish receipt for immigration

The pdf receipt I get each month I do a transfer actually says that the money was delivered via Local Bank Transfer through Bangkok Bank as partner bank, even though bank book and online statement say International/FTT. But the one I just did less than an hour ago used Kasikorn as partner.

2 hours ago, racyrick said:

We need to stop talking among ourselves and actually call WISE to see what the problem is and to get it fixed as soon as possible.

This is very important for immigration for many people and we can't be complacent.

I have done just that, just now!

This is bad!! For those who have the 800 or 400 stashed here...this isn't your problem.

I use the 65K international for an extension... I hope this is just a hicup..but we all know to be ready to bend over and take another kick in the behind. Gotta love this place...????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racyrick said:

You said you called WISE about the problem, what did they say?

I called and she had no clue and would forward the problem to the next level.

No, the lines were busy so I emailed them. Waiting for reply. I shall post when I get it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lexilis said:

KannikaP: The same happened to me at Bangkok Bank this morning. If it happened to you at Kasikorn then the issue is definitely with Wise, not at BKK. 

No, my transfer to Bkk Bank went via Kasikorn, so arrived in my Bkk Bank as a local transfer.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Isn't that what Henry said, that no money actually crosses borders.

I would expect that some money does cross borders as Wise does not facilitate transfers out of Thailand. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

I did a transfer on Thursday to Bangkok Bank. Checked the book today, NOT shown as a FTT. Thanks WISE there goes my annual extension !!

As has been said previously, you will now have to go to whichever bank Wise used as a partner (Kasikorn???) show them the Wise statement, and get them to give you paperwork for you to show Bangkok Bank so they can change their details and indicate it was an International Transfer when they do your letter for Immigration before your extension. What a Pain in the 4rse.

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I did a transfer on Thursday to Bangkok Bank. Checked the book today, NOT shown as a FTT. Thanks WISE there goes my annual extension !!

Don't fret...get a Wise receipt printed off and use that to verify it came from overseas. It has worked for a friend at Pattaya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I would expect that some money does cross borders as Wise does not facilitate transfers out of Thailand. 

Is that possibly why Wise are in bed with Dee Money?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Maybe all is not lost,an earlier  poster said he had a letter from BBL stating the transactions were international transfers

• Like 1