Cheap and Easy Way to help protect yourself against Covid

placeholder

no, your drugs wont do it. side effects. unnecessary. free up your mind & body to do the job.

eliminate “conditions” by maintaining good health. secure best health & immune system though plant- based diet, HIIT exercise, sleep, weight control. stop eating junk.get western vaxxed. get winter flu jabbed. never taken any drugs in my life beyond occasional prescribed pain killers & antibiotics. I’ m 65 and perfectly healthy with high mood / energy.

• Haha 1

ueah Scott but the OP Header is “ …….Help Protect Yourself Against Covid” not “Secure Immortality”.

Read the article about that very old lady walking out of hospital here. Incdibly her Immune System had not Degraded with Age.Lucky yes and incredibly Rare ! 

That young Runner was possibly NOT actually Healthy. Over -Training could easily have Weakened her Organs & Immune System……Possibly eating wrong or insufficient vegetables or too much Grain, for example…..easily done…. corn &  carrots & grain for example would be a terrible diet …..

there was a discussion thread here several months ago on the very same subject based on research done at the beginning of this year.

quote from March article

"As the Israeli research team noted, aspirin is an anti-inflammatory and previous studies have shown that it may help the immune system combat some viral infections. According to the researchers, aspirin was widely used during the 1918 Spanish Influenza pandemic, several decades before its activity against RNA viruses was confirmed."

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210315/low-dose-aspirin-may-help-shield-you-from-covid-19#

After reading this discussion I have been taking aspirin daily. I got at pharmacy 325mg (it works out the cheapest per mg) but in those 2 studies they talk about low dose 75-81mg.

Still, I will use 325mg daily and just possibly split pill into 4, as I don't have any side effects from taking this large dose.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've been taking 2 baby aspirin every day for ages.

40bht for 60 (80mg) tablets from my local pharmacy.

I and millions of men my age take one baby aspirin per day; one a day aspirin is predominantly taken by middle aged men.

Given the prevalence of usage by men I’m skeptical of the claims being made.

A reduction in serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths in the tens of percent would show up as men suffering COVID significantly less than women. 

The data on illness, hospitalizations and deaths does not show this.

As Sagan said ‘extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence’.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I and millions of men my age take one baby aspirin per day; one a day aspirin is predominantly taken by middle aged men.

Given the prevalence of usage by men I’m skeptical of the claims being made.

A reduction in serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths in the tens of percent would show up as men suffering COVID significantly less than women. 

The data on illness, hospitalizations and deaths does not show this.

As Sagan said ‘extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence’.

Not really. Just because aspirin may be used more by men than women by itself isn't dispositive. What percentage of middle-aged men actually take baby aspirin daily?

In addition you are assuming that men and women are equally afflicted by covid. But in fact statistics show that men are more vulnerable. Maybe the disparity would be even greater were this cohort of men not taking aspirin. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Not really. Just because aspirin may be used more by men than women by itself isn't dispositive. What percentage of middle-aged men actually take baby aspirin daily?

In addition you are assuming that men and women are equally afflicted by covid. But in fact statistics show that men are more vulnerable. Maybe the disparity would be even greater were this cohort of men not taking aspirin. 

You are missing my point.

Millions if men take daily baby aspirin, we have two in the limited number of respondents to this thread.

Any hospital stay includes the questioning of patients on what medicines they are taking.

This absolutely would reveal itself in data.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:43 AM, placeholder said:

Actually not. Its effectiveness is a bit under 50%. Whereas pfizer has been determined to be about 90% effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths. But your remark is even more clueless than that. Even if their effectiveness were the same (they're not) , the use of aspirin wouldn't be a case of "instead of" but rather an additional check on the covid virus. Another obstacle, in other words. Apart from those 2 points of yours, though, thanks for the insights

Israeli study found that Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness drops to 47% after 6 months.

Link

2 hours ago, niccodemi said:

Israeli study found that Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness drops to 47% after 6 months.

Link

Which effectiveness would that be? From the article:

"The study echoes findings published by Pfizer and Kaiser Permanente in Lancet earlier in the week, showing the vaccine’s effectiveness drops from 88 to 47 percent after six months. This study also proved the vaccine 90% effective for at least six months at preventing hospitalization of infected people."

https://www.israel21c.org/israeli-study-pfizer-vaccine-wears-off-after-6-months/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are missing my point.

Millions if men take daily baby aspirin, we have two in the limited number of respondents to this thread.

Any hospital stay includes the questioning of patients on what medicines they are taking.

This absolutely would reveal itself in data.

"Millions of men" may sound impressive but how many millions of men do not? How many millions of women take aspirin? What about the greater susceptibility of men to covid ?   What about the fact that aspirin is recommended for women, too, though not to the same degree? Without this information your earlier claim that 

"A reduction in serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths in the tens of percent would show up as men suffering COVID significantly less than women. 

The data on illness, hospitalizations and deaths does not show this."

kind of falls apart.

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

"Millions of men" may sound impressive but how many millions of men do not? How many millions of women take aspirin? What about the greater susceptibility of men to covid ?   What about the fact that aspirin is recommended for women, too, though not to the same degree? Without this information your earlier claim that 

"A reduction in serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths in the tens of percent would show up as men suffering COVID significantly less than women. 

The data on illness, hospitalizations and deaths does not show this."

kind of falls apart.

Again you are missing the point.

The process of taking a patient into hospital includes questions on what medications are being used.

This identifies use/none use of aspirin in both men and women.

If the impact of aspirin on COVID outcomes was indeed  “reduced the risk of several parameters by almost half: reaching mechanical ventilation by 44%, ICU admissions by 43%, and overall in-hospital mortality by 47%.

likewise the claimed 29% reduction in chance of contracting COVID.

These are hugely significant percentages that would stand out like a sore thumb in the general data.

Does aspirin have an impact? As an aspirin user I would be pleased to hear reliable and credible evidence that it did, But an impact between 29%~47%.

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence.

This ‘preliminary research’ is hardly that.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again you are missing the point.

The process of taking a patient into hospital includes questions on what medications are being used.

This identifies use/none use of aspirin in both men and women.

If the impact of aspirin on COVID outcomes was indeed  “reduced the risk of several parameters by almost half: reaching mechanical ventilation by 44%, ICU admissions by 43%, and overall in-hospital mortality by 47%.

likewise the claimed 29% reduction in chance of contracting COVID.

These are hugely significant percentages that would stand out like a sore thumb in the general data.

Does aspirin have an impact? As an aspirin user I would be pleased to hear reliable and credible evidence that it did, But an impact between 29%~47%.

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence.

This ‘preliminary research’ is hardly that.

No. You're missing the point. What percentage of males, in the age groups specified, are actually taking aspirin a daily basis? 5%? 10? 25?  You would also need to know how many females in the same age groups are taking aspirin. And it's the difference that would have to be accounted for. As I pointed out, statistics show that men are clearly more susceptible to covid 19 than women.

Your conclusions rest on the assumption that the mortality and hospitalization rates for men and women should be equal. However...

Male gender is a predictor of higher mortality in hospitalized adults with COVID-19

"Compared to females, males with COVID-19 had a higher rate of in-hospital mortality (13.8% vs 10.2%, respectively, p <0.001); a higher rate of respiratory intubation (21.4% vs 14.6%, p <0.001); and a longer length of hospital stay (9.5 ± 12.5 days vs. 7.8 ± 9.8 days, p<0.001).Jul 9, 2564 BE"

Male gender is a predictor of higher mortality in hospitalized adults with COVID-19

And this despite the fact that presumably a higher percentage of men than women are taking aspirin as a prophylactic. So, if anything, aspirin use is currently skewing the mortality and treatment statistics to make men look less susceptible than they really are.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:No. You're missing the point. What percentage of males, in the age groups specified, are actually taking aspirin a daily basis? 5%? 10? 25?  You would also need to know how many females in the same age groups are taking aspirin. And it's the difference that would have to be accounted for. As I pointed out, statistics show that men are clearly more susceptible to covid 19 than women.

Your conclusions rest on the assumption that the mortality and hospitalization rates for men and women should be equal. However...

"Compared to females, males with COVID-19 had a higher rate of in-hospital mortality (13.8% vs 10.2%, respectively, p <0.001); a higher rate of respiratory intubation (21.4% vs 14.6%, p <0.001); and a longer length of hospital stay (9.5 ± 12.5 days vs. 7.8 ± 9.8 days, p<0.001).Jul 9, 2564 BE"

And this despite the fact that presumably a higher percentage of men than women are taking aspirin as a prophylactic. So, if anything, aspirin use is currently skewing the mortality and treatment statistics to make men look less susceptible than they really are.

Your conclusions rest on the assumption that the mortality and hospitalization rates for men and women should be equal.”

No, that is not what my ‘conclusion’ rests upon.

1. Millions of men are taking daily baby aspirin.

2. The ‘preliminary report’ claims positive effects of aspirin between 29% to 47%.

With millions of men taking aspirin, such huge positive impacts of aspirin would stand out in the general data.

This does not require any information on the outcomes for women. All that is required is data on aspirin usage and subsequent COVID outcome.

Male gender comes into this because and only because men have for many years been prescribed baby aspirin.

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your conclusions rest on the assumption that the mortality and hospitalization rates for men and women should be equal.”

No, that is not what my ‘conclusion’ rests upon.

1. Millions of men are taking daily baby aspirin.

2. The ‘preliminary report’ claims positive effects of aspirin between 29% to 47%.

With millions of men taking aspirin, such huge positive impacts of aspirin would stand out in the general data.

This does not require any information on the outcomes for women. All that is required is data on aspirin usage and subsequent COVID outcome.

Male gender comes into this because and only because men have for many years been prescribed baby aspirin.

millions of men is not a number. what is it as a percentage of all men in the affected age groups and how does it compare to the number of women. Without those 2 figures we've got nothing. And the fact is maybe that number is already reflected in mortality rates. Maybe the difference would be a lot greater were those men not taking aspirin. Without baselines and those percentage figures we've got nothing.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, placeholder said:

millions of men is not a number. what is it as a percentage of all men in the affected age groups and how does it compare to the number of women. Without those 2 figures we've got nothing. And the fact is maybe that number is already reflected in mortality rates. Maybe the difference would be a lot greater were those men not taking aspirin. Without baselines and those percentage figures we've got nothing.

I forgot that the reason why this research was done is the retroactive observational studies showed an equally big effect as do the current clinical ones. 

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13543784.2021.1950687

Edited by placeholder