What is it with loud exhausts ? (and tail tidy's)

piston broke

8 minutes ago, Robin said:

Most Thai think that Noise = Power;  So the nosier thy can make their puny little step-through, the more powerful nd faster it will be..  Also, i think that Thai built silencers are noisier that original equipment, and cheaper.  

Thai police will ignore any bike with noisy exhaust, unless desperate for some money

Not only Step throughs, proper looking motorbikes that have been messed with. 

Harley's are noisey. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

I'm a member of several Facebook bike groups, both here in Pattaya and in other countries......

1 hour ago, grain said:

pretend they're riding a Harley-Davidson.

16 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

do as you like here in the LOS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

I used to do that to my Vespa and Lambretta's back in the 60's....I never pretended to be anything else other than a "Mod".....????

But may have hogged out the motor and installed an Ancelotti exhaust which was a tad louder. ???? But installed for performance not volume.

• Like 1

Just now, VocalNeal said:

But may have hogged out the motor and installed an Ancelotti exhaust which was a tad louder. ???? But installed for performance not volume.

My Lambretta TV175 did have an orange Ancelotti box, and Wal Phillips fuel injection...????.....

But I had various boxes to suit my mood...????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, properperson said:

Anyone who modifies an exhaust to make it louder should indeed be fined........total lack of concern for other people. If you like it then listen to it in your own living room/ Same for those blaring speakers in the back of pick-ups.

There's are high Decibels levels allowed in Thailand. 

Proper motorbikes are modified to improve performance and aesthetics and done out of interest for motorbike enthusiasts.

I understand there are people that find any noisy motorbike annoying IMHO it is because mostly Thais do it themselves and mess it up. 

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

It's because of the small dick syndrome, it compensates them where they are lacking in the other department, high babie, listen to this........

Congratulations on admitting to be so well-informed about Thai mens' penises.   

"High babie..." [sic]?  What?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, piston broke said:

I'm a member of several Facebook bike groups, both here in Pattaya and in other countries......

Why is it that so many "blokes" get a new bike and bung on a "loud" exhaust and a tail tidy - and then grin and bear it for the sake of vanity, when the bike runs lean / pops like mad and water gets sprayed up their back when it rains  ?

maybe they think people who look at them when they ride past are thinking "i wish i was him" .....

I think it's easy to understand why lots of guys like to customize their bikes. And part of that is making the bike sound and look "faster". Guys with big bikes don't need to do that. But boys who can't afford big bikes want at least something that sounds like a big bike. I remember that because there was a time when I was young and I had a small bike.

But being a member of several facebook groups is definitely something I don't understand...

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

and what is that all about with false exhausts , you see them on Yaris '  , that board with 4 round chrome things , supposed to look like real exhausts.  Does the owner think ' That will impress other Yaris owners when they see my fake exhasts ' .

They like the look along with the chrome fuel cover. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

same with the cretins who remove their rear bumpers, the damge  in a small  shunt will be way  more expensive to fix than just a bent  bumper

I asked the ford dealer where my stock rear bumper was at , I don't like the aftermarket bumpers front and rear they stuck on .  they said cars ( truck ).  are not sold with a bumper.